U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-13-2018, 01:01 PM
 
Location: Southern New Hampshire
8,461 posts, read 14,589,405 times
Reputation: 27460

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by solar8000 View Post
I've lived in both places- Wisconsin is boring and cold much like NH but at least NH has the ocean. Don't fool yourself and think that lake Michigan can compare because it does not even come close!! Hated Wisconsin- people are nice to your face and talk about you behind your back.
Did you read ANYTHING in this thread besides the OP before writing your rather obnoxious reply?

Yes, ALL PEOPLE IN WISCONSIN are nice to your face and then rude, and NOWHERE ELSE do people do that. (Seriously, why are you writing such ridiculous generalizations?)

OP, I love New Hampshire but I am happy to hear how well it's going for you in Wisconsin. I almost moved there for grad school but I got better funding elsewhere (go blue ). I would love to take an extended trip back to the Midwest (including Wisconsin) just for fun. Someday!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-14-2018, 08:12 AM
 
141 posts, read 134,363 times
Reputation: 411
Glad to hear you are adjusting well. We still miss NH but both places (WI and NH) are different but still some similarities. We are still adjusting to life back in WI after nearly 25 years in NH but we are here for the duration. Also neither place is boring and cold as Jan., Feb and March mostly are the worst. Many thing to do in both places if you are willing to look. Enjoy your new life.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2018, 07:59 AM
 
80 posts, read 115,906 times
Reputation: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by solar8000 View Post
I've lived in both places- Wisconsin is boring and cold much like NH but at least NH has the ocean. Don't fool yourself and think that lake Michigan can compare because it does not even come close!! Hated Wisconsin- people are nice to your face and talk about you behind your back.
Yes, Wisconsin is much like NH. It can be boring and cold (since I have lived in small towns in both,) but the ocean isn't a benefit for me (I lived in the mountains on the west side of the state, on the Vermont border) and do not currently live near Lake Michigan, but near Lake Superior which is an inland sea and grand enough for me. Oh, and after 30 years in New Hampshire, I'm happy to have people be nice to my face.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2018, 08:03 AM
 
80 posts, read 115,906 times
Reputation: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Did you read ANYTHING in this thread besides the OP before writing your rather obnoxious reply?

Yes, ALL PEOPLE IN WISCONSIN are nice to your face and then rude, and NOWHERE ELSE do people do that. (Seriously, why are you writing such ridiculous generalizations?)

OP, I love New Hampshire but I am happy to hear how well it's going for you in Wisconsin. I almost moved there for grad school but I got better funding elsewhere (go blue ). I would love to take an extended trip back to the Midwest (including Wisconsin) just for fun. Someday!
Thanks, Karen! We will always miss the beauty of New Hampshire, but so happy that our new home feels so familiar. Definitely visit if you can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINH View Post
Glad to hear you are adjusting well. We still miss NH but both places (WI and NH) are different but still some similarities. We are still adjusting to life back in WI after nearly 25 years in NH but we are here for the duration. Also neither place is boring and cold as Jan., Feb and March mostly are the worst. Many thing to do in both places if you are willing to look. Enjoy your new life.
Definitely, different but similar. My husband and all our kids were born in NH and I have lived there the past 30 years. Will always be sad that we felt compelled to leave because it is a most beautiful state, so even more happy that we found another place that feels so much like home and also leaves us in awe.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:22 PM.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top