Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 07:00 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times

Advertisements

To those who want to add a few mountains...NO. I travel quite a bit and one thing I learn about myself time after time is that I am TERRIFIED of driving in mountains. I always say that God knew what He was doing when He planted me in the prairie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2008, 11:18 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
1. no more Packers
2. no more Pistons
3. no more Brewers

j/k Just havin a little fun with my neighbors.
Im retarded. I just realized I put Pistons on the list. I meant Bucks.

Old 03-19-2008, 01:35 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,613,376 times
It's ok Steve-o, I think we all knew you meant "Da Bucks"

Old 03-19-2008, 04:13 PM

14,327 posts, read 14,623,274 times
Silly me wondered what Piston team was in Wisconsin but thought maybe it was some minor league deal! :-)

I don't need mountains either, I like them to visit but have never wanted to drive on mountain roads every day! I stayed in Italy out in the countryside, mildly hilly terrain to mountainous and driving out that long gravel driveway to this narrow blacktop road every day cured me for hills and mountains forever.

I'm hoping the rest of March is like the day we had today, let spring begin!

Old 03-19-2008, 04:24 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,363,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
1. no more Packers
2. no more Pistons
3. no more Brewers

j/k Just havin a little fun with my neighbors.
Now look ... the neighbors are giggling at you!

Old 03-20-2008, 07:33 AM

431 posts, read 1,641,782 times
  1. longer summers
  2. less bugs
  3. milder winters
I can only dream of such a place.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:31 AM

387 posts, read 1,332,201 times
My complaint is people who let their dogs run free. We always walk our dog on a leash but we always have dogs come running up to us. Sometimes in the middle of nowhere and not another human around. I am always so leary of stray dogs.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:43 AM

323 posts, read 1,969,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateDaum View Post
My complaint is people who let their dogs run free. We always walk our dog on a leash but we always have dogs come running up to us. Sometimes in the middle of nowhere and not another human around. I am always so leary of stray dogs.
I am too. That's one of the things that I've appreciated about Waupun - I've seen pretty much no strays. Lots of dogs on restraints (where they belong) but very, very few running free.

There are a few stray cats around but we're trying to help there (we just took one in and we're probably going to trap and neuter the other that we've seen fairly frequently.)

Old 03-24-2008, 01:30 PM

1,357 posts, read 5,867,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Well, the beer culture is one of the things I enjoy about Wisconsin, so what can I say. I also enjoy some of the wineries up there. That said, the "tavern culture" in some of the small towns and rural ares of hanging out in seedy little bars and drinking cheap well booze just to put on a buzz creeps me out a little, especially when you know that the only way most of these people have to get home is to hop in their car/pickup and drive home.
There is a definite distinction between the beer culture and the "drinking culture". Even though I don't drink I find that people who are into beer as a hobby or past time to be interesting, and also very different from the masses who just go out to get pissed up as much as they can.

so if I were to change three things:

1. Winter. Flippin hate it.
2. Idiot drivers who forget how to drive every single winter
3. The love of trucks

Basically my life revolves around cars and these three things hamper that.

Old 03-24-2008, 01:50 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yo vanilla View Post
so if I were to change three things:

1. Winter. Flippin hate it.
2. Idiot drivers who forget how to drive every single winter
3. The love of trucks

Basically my life revolves around cars and these three things hamper that.
I don't see how others' love of trucks hampers your car-centric life. They can have theirs and you can have yours. There's certainly no shortage of car clubs in Wisconsin, be it Wisconsin Autosports Group, Central Wisconsin Sports Car Club, Fox Valley Sports Car Club (I'd be surprised if you're not a member), Madison Sports Car Club, etc. Or maybe get a rally license and head up to the UP to do the Sno-Drift or LSPR.

And as a Subuaru owner, I can't imagine you not relishing the opportunity to take the car out on a forest back road after a fresh snowfall for a chance to drive it sideways, or to open it up on a frozen lake, or even take part in ice trials. I might think differently if I lived in the Carolina hills where there are actual drivers' roads, but here in the Midwest I find winter driving to be even more fun than summer driving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin