Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2018, 11:49 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,717,167 times

Advertisements

I'm taking my son to Lambeau field later this month and while we've been there a few times, it's been quite a few years since we were last there. We usually stay in Appleton but my son (15) really wants to stay at a hotel in Green Bay. Is there anything else to do while visiting Green Bay? We've been to Bay Beach but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be open in late April, early May.

I know it would be better to visit in late May and after but this is something he really needs right now. He is homeschooled and in the last year his older sister was diagnosed with Ehler's Danlos Syndrome (a genetic disease). She can no longer walk so since she is home she needs a lot of help and her brother is an amazing young man. He's exhausted and overwhelmed as we all are so I want to take him somewhere special that I know he would enjoy.

If there are any ideas on what else to do in Green Bay or even surrounding areas that would be wonderful. I've also never found a good direct route to drive from Minneapolis. I've done Google maps and have been taken in circles so I've opted out of that idea. Any recommendations on the best route? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2018, 12:23 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,098,715 times
Here is my recommendation Aloft Green Bay, it's one of the only hotels that keeps the pool open 24hrs, the lobby has games and a pool table and a quick eats area. The hotel is very nice and very easy access. I like it a lot and it's my choice of hotel whenever I go up der'.

Republic Chophouse Green Bay, very good food, nice atmosphere, great prices for such high quality steak.

https://republicchophouse.com/

http://www.aloftgreenbay.com/

Old 04-03-2018, 12:26 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,098,715 times
Whenever I travel one of thing I do is check Trip Advisor. It's a good source where you can read reviews and see pictures as well.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...Wisconsin.html

Old 04-03-2018, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Whenever I travel one of thing I do is check Trip Advisor. It's a good source where you can read reviews and see pictures as well.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...Wisconsin.html
Great idea! Thank you. I'm a regular on Tripadvisor and don't know why I didn't think of that. I already found a least one thing that sounds pretty interesting. Thanks again!

Old 04-03-2018, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Here is my recommendation Aloft Green Bay, it's one of the only hotels that keeps the pool open 24hrs, the lobby has games and a pool table and a quick eats area. The hotel is very nice and very easy access. I like it a lot and it's my choice of hotel whenever I go up der'.

Republic Chophouse Green Bay, very good food, nice atmosphere, great prices for such high quality steak.

https://republicchophouse.com/

http://www.aloftgreenbay.com/
I've been looking at hotels and while he wants to stay at the Kohler Lodge, I'm still looking around. Thanks for the info on Aloft. I've looked at that one and read a few of the reviews.

Old 05-22-2018, 01:49 PM

2,471 posts, read 2,692,112 times
Packer Hall of Fame

Old 05-24-2018, 02:00 PM

647 posts, read 1,663,111 times
Take I90/I94 to Highway 29. That's probably the most direct route. Do you like fishing? Can always hook up with a Charter boat out of Kewaunee or Two rivers and go fish Lake Michigan. It's a blast when you hook into a big salmon or a rainbow trout.

Old 05-27-2018, 02:03 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,623,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hankejp View Post
Take I90/I94 to Highway 29. That's probably the most direct route.
That's the only route that even makes sense. It's the way I always went.

As far as what to do there, I got nothing other than the Hall of Fame. I hate Green Bay; it has to be the single most boring town in Wisconsin. I always just finished what I came there to do and got the hell back to Minneapolis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin