Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2018, 09:13 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,848,100 times

Advertisements

I hope he does lose, but the right wing has pushed out so many young educated people because of their crappy policies and the toll it has taken on the economy from the state, I think it is unlikely. I hope I am wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2018, 10:08 AM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,715,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InnovativeAmerican View Post
It is entirely plausable that Walker will go down next month despite what others may think on here. He won in wave years for the GOP and is considered one of the most vulnerable governors by forecasters based on a string of Democrat victories in the state this year (Dems even flipped a senate district that went for Trump by as much as 20 points!), as well as him trailing really badly in the polls this cycle (I know folks don't put faith in polls anymore, but Walker usually does well in them if your look at his past RCP averages). Even Tammy Baldwin is doing well this cycle and is considered a safe incumbant. People forget that Walker really isn't that popular outside of WOW (his base) and has approval ratings lower than 50 percent. Tommy Thompson even said that anyone with approval ratings below 50 percent is beatable.

I'm not saying he's going to lose (after all, Walker does have a machine), but it is kind of blind to suggest that Walker CAN'T lose, especially in a wave year for Democrats. The brain drain is alive and well in this state, but we're still a pretty educated and well-informed state.

We'll see in November. People on C-D just might be surprised.
As other posters have noted, your logic sounds valid up to a point. If not the race card, which is a very real and destructive thing by the way, then it's the "brain drain" argument. As if educated people only think one way.
It's hard to take anything seriously once that is thrown out there.
You have good things to say, but if you don't want ears to close, you might consider the fact that people on the other side think things through in logical ways also.
Once baseless accusations of racism and stupidity are used, you've reduced yourself to preaching to your choir.
Honestly I'm just trying to help.

Last edited by sub; 10-12-2018 at 10:27 AM..

Old 10-12-2018, 06:11 PM

4,663 posts, read 3,841,333 times
I think Walker finally loses in November. Trump has angered enough moderates & people who wouldn't normally vote to get out there & vote blue.

Though, the number of quiet conservatives continue to surprise me. We were talking politics at work a couple weeks ago. I was surprised when one of my co-workers shared who in the office voted for Trump. I had no idea we had that many conservatives in our office. This whole time we've/I've been cracking jokes about Trump & Walker, & I didn't know there were Republicans in the room. I've backed off since.

Old 10-12-2018, 07:57 PM

8,282 posts, read 23,048,914 times
People the Brewers are on stop posting about politics!

Old 10-14-2018, 08:45 PM

512 posts, read 471,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
People the Brewers are on stop posting about politics!
It's a good thing they won!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
As other posters have noted, your logic sounds valid up to a point. If not the race card, which is a very real and destructive thing by the way, then it's the "brain drain" argument. As if educated people only think one way.
It's hard to take anything seriously once that is thrown out there.
You have good things to say, but if you don't want ears to close, you might consider the fact that people on the other side think things through in logical ways also.
Once baseless accusations of racism and stupidity are used, you've reduced yourself to preaching to your choir.
Honestly I'm just trying to help.
Fair enough. I will try not to veer off topic in the future; however, as some others have said, it is wrong to try to silence someone (especially a POC) for talking about race. If a C-D thread is related to race, I won't be hesitant to discuss it. It's something we as the human race need to discuss. Not talking about systemic/institutional racism, as well as the racism that permeates our current political climate, is more harmful than anything because it prolongs this rampant problem. My advice: If you don't want to hear people "play the race card," then simply do something to combat it. Silence is consent.

Last edited by InnovativeAmerican; 10-14-2018 at 09:00 PM..

Old 10-16-2018, 12:06 PM

4,541 posts, read 2,770,896 times
Evers proposes 10% income tax cut for families, scaling back Walker tax credits for big-AG and manufacturers. Walkers credit will be capped at 300,000 in annual income.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/madison...9ed7b.amp.html

Old 10-16-2018, 02:46 PM

2,656 posts, read 3,840,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
It's corruption like this that prevents me from voting Republican in this state.

https://www.wisconsingazette.com/new...2b27b6107c.htm

They're basically bankrupting the state with corporate welfare.
hmmm-OK. Are you saying Democrat politicians don't take money from various business sources? (Unions, Bar Assoc., large corporations looking for Gov't handouts in support of "Green" energy etc.) On a national level, are you claiming the Clinton Foundation only existed to "Do Good" and Bill/Hillary are pantheons of virtue??

We need to start having better dialogue here. When one poster says their party is "Lilly White" but the other party is "Pure Evil", the conversations go nowhere. It's getting boring.

Neither party has a lock on morals or corruption.

Old 10-16-2018, 03:13 PM

4,541 posts, read 2,770,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjarider View Post
hmmm-OK. Are you saying Democrat politicians don't take money from various business sources? (Unions, Bar Assoc., large corporations looking for Gov't handouts in support of "Green" energy etc.) On a national level, are you claiming the Clinton Foundation only existed to "Do Good" and Bill/Hillary are pantheons of virtue??

We need to start having better dialogue here. When one poster says their party is "Lilly White" but the other party is "Pure Evil", the conversations go nowhere. It's getting boring.

True. But in Wisconsin - on balance - Republicans are worse. I'm not claiming all Democrats are virtuous either - look at the mess they've created in Illinois.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:02 PM

512 posts, read 471,416 times
Off topic, but this is who wants to unseat Baldwin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgJWMZTaD_k

What a clown!

Last edited by InnovativeAmerican; 10-16-2018 at 08:24 PM..

Old 10-17-2018, 06:06 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,848,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjarider View Post

The Clinton Foundation is in an incredibly highly respected organization that receives very high marks for their works, their finances, and their giving.

Two of many such ratings.
https://www.charitynavigator.org/ind...ry&orgid=16680
https://www.charitywatch.org/ratings...foundation/478
They receive top marks. You'd be hard pressed to do better in your giving than to give to this organization. Indeed, it exists to do good, and it does good.

Perhaps you're too tied into far right fringe conspiracy sites that go on about myths like a Haiti debacle, or even Uranium One (lol)?

Personally, I think it was a poor choice for them to accept, for optics reasons only, money from foreign governments to give away for charity when planning to run for higher office. While there hasn't even been a hint on anything improper about any of this, and it is pretty standard in charities to take money from some less than ethical organizations (such as big oil) in order to do good with some of that money, which the Clinton Foundation absolutely has.

Unlike Trump's Foundation, which has turned out to be a scam operation.
https://www.charitynavigator.org/ind...ry&orgid=16764

Last edited by timberline742; 10-17-2018 at 06:21 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin