Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 09:14 PM

1,587 posts, read 7,526,217 times

Advertisements

Was with cubs will post story..Usually only time bear attacks here is because of cubs like said before make noise will run scared of us just like we are of them.

> News > <font size="+2">Ladysmith bowhunter is injured in a bear attack</font> (http://www.wisconsinoutdoornews.com/articles/2007/11/01/news/news4.txt - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 07:13 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,564,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLJOHNSON66 View Post
I dont really even know how this thread is still going.
Agreed!!!!

Old 04-08-2008, 05:37 PM

153 posts, read 565,756 times
Then don't post on it, HELLO

Old 04-08-2008, 11:23 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelito23 View Post
Wisconsin is not bear country or wolf country. . .
Tell that to my Nissan Maxima sitting in my driveway with $2,000 worth of damage from T-boning a bear up near Ladysmith.

Old 04-09-2008, 06:54 AM

1,587 posts, read 7,526,217 times
Your one of the bear hits this past year we had quite a few of them last 2 years in Ladysmith area.

Old 04-09-2008, 03:10 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,610,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Tell that to my Nissan Maxima sitting in my driveway with $2,000 worth of damage from T-boning a bear up near Ladysmith.

Drover,
We have something in common. I own a Maxima as well. I hit a deer last fall and did around $1500 worth of damage. What year is yours?

Old 04-09-2008, 03:20 PM

(This sentence has been inserted to satisfy the board's asinine "10 character minimum" requirement.)

Old 04-09-2008, 03:34 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,610,891 times
Yea it sucks when them critters run out in front of you. Sorry to hear about your Maxima. How'd you get it home?

Old 04-09-2008, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
Yea it sucks when them critters run out in front of you. Sorry to hear about your Maxima. How'd you get it home?
It's still drivable. The damage was mostly cosmetic.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:11 AM

1,085 posts, read 3,567,671 times
There is nothing to worry about.

We have live and visited Central Wisconsin for forty years. I have seen two bears, two badgers and one coyote. The bears were beating a hasty retreat two seconds after they saw me. The coyote was a young pup that laid down out in the open by our deer feeder for about an hour. And the badgers never knew I was there.

We have a little Pom. I worry more about hawks, skunks, raccoons and possums than about larger predators. We do get the occasional raccoon near the house at night but again you crack that door open and they are gone.

Our Pom WAS attacked by a wild animal last year. He got bowled over and almost trampled, confused the heck out of him.

The culprit? A doe. We have deer in our backyard all the time. If there is a deer nearby we don't let the dog out. Once in awhile there might be a deer that we don't see and the dog chases them out of the immediate backyard. Of course the deer see him and they hightail it as fast as they can. He'll come back strutting like he's king of the hill.

On this occasion we didn't notice but there was a doe with a fawn next to the house. When we let him out he went after them. The doe took off but the little (few weeks old) fawn was confused and didn't run. The Pomeranian and the fawn are only a foot apart, the dog barking like crazy and the fawn just looking at him. The doe rushed in, and like Drover's car and the bear, t-bone the dog and sent him rolling. My wife is screaming at me to come call the dog because he isn't listening to her. The dog doesn't know whether to stand and fight or run. The doe charged him a couple of more times trying to get him with her front legs. He dodged and barked, looked at us, like "What do I do now? They ARE SUPPOSED TO RUN from me". Well the fawn took off after the doe's first charge. The dog and the doe dance around each a few more times. I finally called the dog in, and believe me, he was glad I called him back. Saved his pride, cause he was getting his butt kicked by a deer. The doe did a couple of circles around the yard looking for the fawn, couldn't find him. She almost came right up to the deck where we were, maybe within ten feet of us. She finally did a wide circle and must have picked up the fawn's scent so she ran off looking for him. The dog? He didn't have to go to the bathroom anymore.

You see? You have nothing to worry about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin