Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2008, 09:32 AM

24 posts, read 61,552 times

Advertisements

There is a position open at my husband's company in Racine. All of the previous posts had really bad things to say about Racine. We have two small school age children ,I would like to know if there are any nice areas within about a 30-40 minute drive to Racine-just a nice community to raise kids with good schools-Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 09:43 AM

14 posts, read 45,588 times
Default Salem/Wheatland Area

We just moved from IL to WI in December when my husband got promotion to a job in Racine. I had heard terrible things about the Racine area as well. We ended up in Salem (30 minutes from Racine) and my kids go to Wheatland Center School, which we love. It is a small school, 4K-8, where family and community are a huge part. We had never lived in an area where the school was so friendly and nice. Our neighbors are friendly as well, although we haven't seen much of them over the winter because of all the cold & snow!
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me directly.

Heather

Old 04-08-2008, 09:49 AM

24 posts, read 61,552 times
thank you so much ,I'll have to look into that area,any other suggestions would be appreciated-We moved from Ohio to Baton Rouge,La almost five years age and we are so miserable here(bad schools,crime,actually alot of the issues posters are saying about Racine)As desperate as we are to leave here I don't wasnt to get into the same situation again-so I really appreciate the personal opinions1 thank you

Old 04-10-2008, 07:45 PM

438 posts, read 1,730,999 times
hmmm... There are good schools west of the I with good schools - Yorkville, Union Grove, Raymond. Then in Milwaukee County there's Franklin and Oak Creek. I'd recommend Caledonia but we're stuck with Racine Unified schools - or pay for private/parochial school like I do.

Good luck on your search! Dea

Old 04-07-2009, 12:20 PM

2 posts, read 6,650 times
We are also looking at the Racine area, specifically The Prairie School in Wind Point. Any thoughts on this private school? thanks!

Old 04-16-2009, 06:04 PM

13 posts, read 42,515 times
Prairie school is top-notch. No question about it, but you will pay dearly... about 12,000 - 13,000 a year.
There is also St. Catherine's High School and Lutheran High School. Both are also excellent college prep schools as well.

Old 04-23-2012, 03:03 PM

1 posts, read 2,229 times
HI I am 19 years old with a two year old son an I am actually from Ill I moved to Oshkosh Wi with my parents an now that I am old enough to be on my own I am looking for a new place to start I don't know much about Racine Wi but I would like to go there I just don't know much about the area so if you could please help me I would love to know what you all think thank you an God Bless...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin