Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you in Wisconin see Chicagoland as a welcome back to Wisconin option?
yes, despite this cities issues but what a GDP and population addition for Wis. in congress too. 2 9.52%
just can't see polutically Chicagland welcome. 0 0%
no, just a outright no..... 17 80.95%
maybe, a rediculous notion, but the possibilities should be concidered if it arose 2 9.52%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 09:41 PM

4,087 posts, read 3,253,733 times

Advertisements

Seems threads and links highlight that some in Illinois want to let Chicagoland become its own state and no longer in Illinois.

Keeping in mind. All Northern Illinois was once Wisconsin territory before either had statehood. A Illinois delegate saw Illinois plan for statehood.... should include a future lucrative region and piece of Lake Michigan before a Chicago was even a city. Also the added population gave Illinois enough population for statehood first. It set back Wisconsin territory for 30years losing its southernmost region.

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/2017...rder-illinois/

https://www.wpr.org/chicago-wisconsi...d-badger-state

From link:
- On Dec. 3, 1818, Wisconsin's neighbor to the south, Illinois, became the 21st state. In so doing, Wisconsin lost approximately 8,500 square miles of territory allotted to us in the 1787 Northwest Ordinance … land that included the Illinois cities of Galena, Rockford, and Chicago.

But if at all it became a option (a unlikely scenario but if.....) Would you in Wisconsin consider a Chicagoland as part of the Badger State ..... as it was when a territory? Or better yet this original Northern Illinois section that was part of Wisconsin's territory originally before Illinois got Congress to give it to them?.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2019, 05:09 PM

8,295 posts, read 23,138,339 times
Chicago is like a rich guy with the yacht, private plane, 8 vacation homes but spends more than he makes and is unwilling to make cut backs and eventually will run out of money and be crawling back to daddy to ask for more money, meanwhile he goes out on violent rages, occasionally gets into bar fights, stiffs friends on bills, backstabs his best friends, is always taking about how great he is while he rags on his leeching neighbors and all around grade A class jerk but hey he does have some up sides.

Old 06-12-2019, 09:22 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,580,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Chicago is like a rich guy with the yacht, private plane, 8 vacation homes but spends more than he makes and is unwilling to make cut backs and eventually will run out of money and be crawling back to daddy to ask for more money, meanwhile he goes out on violent rages, occasionally gets into bar fights, stiffs friends on bills, backstabs his best friends, is always taking about how great he is while he rags on his leeching neighbors and all around grade A class jerk but hey he does have some up sides.
No, it’s really not like that.

Old 06-12-2019, 09:52 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,621,831 times
It would be interesting flying into Chicago, WI when going to see my parents. However, the issues that Chicago has presented and continues to present to IL would instead begin to present to Wisconsin. I really don't think the people of Wisconsin want that. Imagine paying really high total sales tax and dealing with increasing property taxes due to Chicago's inability to really restructure its debt obligations among other issues despite living 'far' from the Chicago borders. It's the reality that's starting to affect my parents at nearly 60 years old and one I dealt with earlier this decade.

I chose NYC for the city, people, and pay (not cheap, but oh so worth it. My net was more than my gross from the offers I was getting from Chicago companies in 2014), but they will probably go the rural/small town life, which I'm perfectly happy for them to do so. Wisconsin always seemed nice to me even if a bit too Midwest for me to handle, I don't think I'd want it governed by Chicago politicians. Hell, I almost moved to Madison for my girlfriend at the time so she could live closer to her parents.

Old 06-12-2019, 10:28 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,190,414 times
Come on over, Chicago. We'd love to have you.

Old 06-12-2019, 06:48 PM

8,295 posts, read 23,138,339 times
If we allowed people from Chicago in then we would have to deal with a lot more of these running around...

Old 06-12-2019, 07:56 PM

4,673 posts, read 3,872,836 times
I'm not even sure how to vote in the poll with all the spelling & grammar errors in it.

I don't think I could welcome & accept that many more Cubs fans in Wisconsin. Let Indiana have Chicagoland.

Old 06-24-2019, 12:44 AM

512 posts, read 476,025 times
The politics would be saner in the state with the addition of Chicagoland. That's for sure!

Old 06-24-2019, 06:46 AM

174 posts, read 232,755 times
Not in a cold day in hell

Old 06-24-2019, 07:06 AM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,776,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InnovativeAmerican View Post
The politics would be saner in the state with the addition of Chicagoland. That's for sure!
Illinois is a hot mess with Chicago playing no small part in running that state into the ground.
Illinois would be the clear winner in this scenario. I like Chicago for what it is, but it’s nutty politics can take a hike. It’s well documented that Chicago is insanely corrupt and has been for as long as anyone can remember.
It’s not a democrat v. republican, or conservative v. liberal childish playground fight.
Chicago is just a political wasteland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin