Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 11:10 AM

5 posts, read 21,574 times

Advertisements

There are so many talented craftspeople in Wisconsin. I ghave recently started lining up crafters for local craft shows and events in Montello and am amazed at all the response. I guess clean air and quiet do wonders for the arts. Patti
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2008, 12:24 PM

537 posts, read 1,939,617 times
I love to buy crafts. My sisters and I love to go to craft shows.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:45 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,361,498 times
I was pleasantly surprised by the number of quality crafts in the area. At the Wisconsin County Fair, Wausau there were a lot of talented folks selling stuff.

Old 04-17-2008, 04:54 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,616,693 times
Two Rivers has a twice weekly farmers market with produce but crafters as well. It has been so popular that they moved it inside and ran it all winter, too.

I'm thinking about doing something myself. Over the years, my mom and I collected lots of stones, shells, driftwood. I moved it all from Illinois. In Goodwill the other day I saw a wind chime made of shells for $5.99.

I looked at it and thought I can do this. I have a drill, fish line and hundreds of shells, all sizes. My livingroom was a disaster while I sorted them but I'm getting organized and think I will do this. I've always loved craft shows anyway!

Old 01-30-2010, 04:05 PM

Any crafters looking for any early show this year. Montello is hostung The Great American Moose Fest
The Great American Moose Fest is shaping up to be one of the largest events in south central Wisconsin. Nationally syndicated cartoonist Steve Krueger had a plan to help get Wisconsin small towns back on their feet. That plan was The Great American Moose Hunt, a kind of scavenger hunt designed to bring shoppers back into small-town Wisconsin. From there , The Great American Moose Fest was born. In partnership with Children's Hospital on this first weekend in May, we hope to put Montello and Marquette County back on their feet. 10 Pro fisherman have signed on to come and take kids out on the lake and teach them to fish. Both days will be packed full of activities for just about everybody to enjoy. In addition to the professional fisherman, jugglers and nationally-known authors will be on hand to entertain. There will be a pancake eating contest, and free ice cream to boot! There will be blocks and blocks of vendors, and every sort of crafter that you can imagine. There will also be antique dealers and plenty of retailers to round out your shopping experience. A large carnival will be set up for all to enjoy, and beer tents for the adults to make a pit stop. And more is being added every day, so be sure to check the website often.

2010 booth fees:
12' X 12' non-food $175
15' X 15' food concessions $250
8' X 3' small vendor table space $75 (tear down at night)
Estimated attendance: 15,000 to 25,000 people
We would love to have you here, and please share this email with other crafters and friends. If we don't see you there as a crafter we'd love to have you as a guest that weekend

Pattibears Place
66 W. Montello Street.....Montello, Wi
www.Pattibears.com
www.Greatamericanmoosehunt.com
www.greatmoosefestival.com
www.newmontellogroup.blogspot.com

Old 02-08-2010, 07:04 AM

1 posts, read 5,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattibear View Post
Any crafters looking for any early show this year. Montello is hostung The Great American Moose Fest
The Great American Moose Fest is shaping up to be one of the largest events in south central Wisconsin. Nationally syndicated cartoonist Steve Krueger had a plan to help get Wisconsin small towns back on their feet. That plan was The Great American Moose Hunt, a kind of scavenger hunt designed to bring shoppers back into small-town Wisconsin. From there , The Great American Moose Fest was born. In partnership with Children's Hospital on this first weekend in May, we hope to put Montello and Marquette County back on their feet. 10 Pro fisherman have signed on to come and take kids out on the lake and teach them to fish. Both days will be packed full of activities for just about everybody to enjoy. In addition to the professional fisherman, jugglers and nationally-known authors will be on hand to entertain. There will be a pancake eating contest, and free ice cream to boot! There will be blocks and blocks of vendors, and every sort of crafter that you can imagine. There will also be antique dealers and plenty of retailers to round out your shopping experience. A large carnival will be set up for all to enjoy, and beer tents for the adults to make a pit stop. And more is being added every day, so be sure to check the website often.

2010 booth fees:
12' X 12' non-food $175
15' X 15' food concessions $250
8' X 3' small vendor table space $75 (tear down at night)
Estimated attendance: 15,000 to 25,000 people
We would love to have you here, and please share this email with other crafters and friends. If we don't see you there as a crafter we'd love to have you as a guest that weekend

Pattibears Place
66 W. Montello Street.....Montello, Wi
www.Pattibears.com
www.Greatamericanmoosehunt.com
www.greatmoosefestival.com
www.newmontellogroup.blogspot.com
i am a fundraising coor in ladysmith wisconsin. on my 2nd year of craft fair/bazaar. we have great turnouts for this event and booths are cheaper than most. would love to exchange crafters lists with you.

Old 02-17-2010, 12:32 PM

1 posts, read 5,083 times
I am helping a friend organize a vendor/craft show in Port Washington. All the proceeds from the show will go directly to The MS Society. That obviously means the proceeds from the booth rentals and the raffles - not from what you sell yourself! ;-)

The fundraiser will be held at Thomas Jefferson Middle School on Saturday April 17th, 2010 from 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.

The website for the show is [url=http://www.egantocurems.webs.com]We're Egan to Cure MS - Welcome[/url]

Please let me know if you have any questions, and if you know of anyone who would be interested in being a vendor, feel free to pass this info along!

Thanks!

Old 02-27-2010, 12:18 PM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,754,817 times
I am looking for some help from you crafters in Wisconsin.
My wife and I have a home-based business that we are trying to grow and eventually have a store front.
She's big into felting and sells finished products as well as supplies such as wool roving. If she had a storefront, she would cater to fellow felters and spinners.
Problem is, where we live now is not a very good place to have such a store. People just aren't all that crafty outside of scrapbooking and such.
We have narrowed it down to a couple of options:
Have a storefront in a small-ish town. Doesn't have to be gangbusters, just something that would compliment the existing online sales. A place with a little foot traffic would be nice. Fairly touristy, but not too much so. We like areas along the Great Lakes, but doesn't have to be. A town that's welcoming to people from out of state.
That, or just continue to grow our online sales. Problem with that one is, we'd like to surround ourselves with like-minded (crafts) people. We aren't tied down to where we are to any great extent.
From what we can tell, Wisconsin has a lot of what we're looking for.
My concern is that Wisconsin already has several of these types of businesses. We don't want to be just another wool store in an already crowded market, nor do we want to step on any toes.
We'd like to know if there's room or any interest for such a place.

Last edited by sub; 02-27-2010 at 12:27 PM..

Old 03-25-2010, 09:27 AM

Default store front and vendor list

Montello would love to have you and I know of a really nice shop right on the mainstreet for 250.00 a month. Also I would love to exchange lists We still have some opening for Moose Fest as it is city wide we can stretch all over town. Moose Fest

Old 10-07-2010, 09:01 AM

1 posts, read 4,225 times
Default Holiday Craft Fair Twin lakes, WI near Kenosha & Lk Geneva

I am co-chairing a Holiday Craft Fair on Saturday, November 13th, 2010 at Lakewood School in Twin Lakes. The booths are approx. 9x9 and are a GREAT deal at $25.00! Add $10.00 for electricity and $5.00 per table. I am trying hard to have crafters only and no home party businesses! I am limiting to fair to 35 booths so everyone has a fabulous opportunity to make some $$$$. Please request an application from [EMAIL="lisaslittlebuggers@gmail.com"]lisaslittlebuggers@gmail.com[/EMAIL]. Thank YOU!!!! Lisa
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin