Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2008, 05:31 PM

335 posts, read 1,205,092 times

Advertisements

whats it like
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2008, 04:29 PM

2 posts, read 7,535 times
Default Boscobel

Yes,
I have been there many times. I have friends that bought a farm and moved there 5 years ago. The grocery store was recently bought by Piggly Wiggly, so they now carry a better variety of products.
They have a big Civil War Reenactment each August which is great. They have everything you could ask for in a small town. It is close to a great apple orchard, lots of antique stores in all the small towns surrounding.
My husband and I thinking of moving there in the next few years. You are close enough to Madison if you need a larger town "fix" and a mall. There is a great place to buy the best popcorn every in Fennimore on the way to Boscobel called Rural Route One Popcorn.

let me know if you have any other questions
snowlodg

Old 04-24-2008, 08:11 PM

2,987 posts, read 10,094,787 times
Small town located on the Wisconsin River, in a actual river valley...so you have the bluffs surrounding town and you are in a valley. Hotter in town than up in the hills in the summer, very noticeable.

Small town Wisconsin, Supermax prison, very isolated from interstate system, bigger cities etc...but affordable. Lack of jobs in the area, experiences flooding in major rainstorms due to the terrain...is there anything specific you would like to know?

Old 04-24-2008, 11:23 PM

137 posts, read 609,654 times
Boscobel, yep-- drove through it on US61 on my way to Dubuque. The other posters hit it right on. No major economic engine, just a quiet little 'berg. Prison provides good jobs. Nice critical access hospital.

In the fall, a little town close by, Gays Mills, puts on a regionally well known town celebration-- Apple Festival. We went back in 05. Fun and relaxing.

If you are just exploring southwest Wisconsin, consider Prairie Du Chien. PDC is surrounded by the Mississippi River Bluffs. Coulee Region (look it up on wikipedia) PDC is in the heart of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin