U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2020, 09:19 AM

17,585 posts, read 23,649,567 times

Advertisements

He had a weapon which is rather key. You can't threaten people with a weapon and expect not to possibly get hurt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVjD...&bpctr=1598330 016
Rate this post positively

Old 08-25-2020, 09:28 AM

2,088 posts, read 3,063,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
I don’t really have the time right now so I’ll just copy and paste what I wrote in another thread

Systemic racism is a well researched & documented fact.

These 26 charts show the extent of racial disparities in America, in areas like employment, wealth, education, home ownership, healthcare, and incarceration.
https://www.businessinsider.com/us-s...ck-americans-2

https://www.prisonpolicy.org/scans/police_mort_open.pdf

A 2018 study exposed “profound racial disparity in the misdemeanor arrest rate for most — but not all — offense types.” The black arrest rate was at least twice as high as that for whites for disorderly conduct, drug possession, simple assault, theft, vagrancy and vandalism.
https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=3146057

Of the included 5494 fatalities involving police from 2013–2017, 2353 (42.83%) of the decedents were White, 1487 (27.07%) were Black, 939 were Latinx

On average, there were large racial/ethnic inequities in the rates at which White and Black people were killed during police contact. Across all MSAs, Black people were 3.23 times more likely to be killed compared to White people (95% CI: 2.95, 3.54, p<0.001). We applied a precision-weighted multilevel modeling strategy to estimate the racial/ethnic inequities in these fatalities across MSAs and identify MSAs with marked Black-White inequities

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ar...l.pone.0229686

Data and research have extensively documented the ways in which Black Americans are underrepresented, overrepresented, or experience different treatment from their white counterparts.

There’s overwhelming evidence that the criminal justice system is racist. Here’s the proof.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...nline_manual_6

But the evidence of systemic racism, as my colleague Radley Balko has concluded after an examination of the academic literature, “isn’t just convincing — it’s overwhelming.”
So what??? Does that give scumbags right to destroy other people’s lives?
News flash-racism is part of humanity GET OVER It.

Millions of people don’t let this reality effect them and live good lives.

Old 08-25-2020, 09:36 AM

2,482 posts, read 4,585,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjarider View Post
So what??? Does that give scumbags right to destroy other people’s lives?
News flash-racism is part of humanity GET OVER It.
It could be said that scumbags destroying other people's lives are a part of humanity. Shall we just Get Over That, as well?

Quote:
Millions of people don’t let this reality effect them and live good lives.
This is true. In the United States, these people are disproportionately white and not likely to be targets of racism.

It is also true that many People of Color deal with racism constructively and live good lives. I wonder if they could live "great" or "better" lives, though, if humans made greater efforts to suppress racist tendencies?

Old 08-25-2020, 09:53 AM

1,893 posts, read 1,914,829 times
Quote:

Sorry son, if it has to be researched, it is not systemic.

Quote:
<snip>Of the included 5494 fatalities involving police from 2013–2017, 2353 (42.83%) of the decedents were White, 1487 (27.07%) were Black, 939 were Latinx

On average, there were large racial/ethnic inequities in the rates at which White and Black people were killed during police contact. Across all MSAs, Black people were 3.23 times more likely to be killed <snip>
Wait, just above, the numbers say it is 2/3 more likely to get killed as a white person than a black person, what?? Oh, this:

Quote:
We applied a precision-weighted multilevel modeling strategy to estimate the racial/ethnic inequities in these fatalities across MSAs and identify MSAs with marked Black-White inequities
Oh, you mean you applied an 'algorithm" or cooked the equation to have it end with a result that fits your narrative. Got it.

Quote:
But the evidence of systemic racism, as my colleague Radley Balko has concluded after an examination of the academic literature, “isn’t just convincing — it’s overwhelming.”
Quote:
Funny you ignored the other 27 studies I posted proving there's systemic racism in America.
Again, so sorry son that you have been treated like this. You see, systemic racism doesn't NEED to be studied. When it is institutionalized and/or systemic, it doesn't need to be studied because it is in your face everywhere. There is no doubt about it when you see it for your self. Sign. Back of the bus. Blacks only. Whites only. No coloreds allowed; this in schools, restaurants, stores, laundromats, hell, bus benches. Back of the bus. Law enforcement officers openly wearing the white hoods. I know this because I lived through it, personally witnessed it. You folks today by tearing down history, you're not being taught the truth about what REAL racism was.

Does climate change really exist? Well, not sure, lets study it. How about the atoms? Lets study that. If a police officer orders you to stop, but you are heard saying you have a gun in your car and have a knife in your hand; ignore orders and head for your car where you have already admitted you have a gun, what do you do as a police officer? Study it? If that man was white and all the cops were black, it would have played out EXACTLY the same. Those men did NOT kill him simply because of the color of his skin.

You sir, are being played. And I feel sorry for you for that.

Old 08-25-2020, 10:01 AM

6,134 posts, read 360,457 times
Time to call the Proud Boys in to beat down BLM and Antifa, since the local police are not allowed to do their jobs in cities across the U.S. Stay safe Wisconsin all good citizens there.

Old 08-25-2020, 10:24 AM

2,482 posts, read 4,585,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity2019 View Post
Time to call the Proud Boys in to beat down BLM and Antifa, since the local police are not allowed to do their jobs in cities across the U.S. Stay safe Wisconsin all good citizens there.
Yeah, call in some neo-fascist nutjobs to take on the most zealous and extremist BLM/Antifa participants.

That should end really well.

Old 08-25-2020, 11:17 AM

130 posts, read 130,162 times
If people actually would get their facts straight before accusing police it might be better. This guy had an arrest warrant out for him foe sexual assault and criminal trespass as well as being in a bar July 4th or 5th brandishing age and threatening patrons police were called and he continued to point gun through window at patrons and had been known to have a gun in his car. Yes a real saint. They have another video of him attacking officers and being tased knowing he may have a gun in car what would you do. Facts are better than assumptions

Old 08-25-2020, 11:43 AM

3,716 posts, read 2,840,220 times
Good to see the Wisconsin sports teams speaking up about the shooting. A Brewers pitcher, Devin Williams wrote BLM on the mound last night when he entered the game. I know the Bucks organization were very vocal yesterday and George Hill stated he regrets entering the bubble because now he can’t take action to help. Packers coaches and players met to discuss the racial inequality in this state And they’re planning to do something like they did after George Floyd was murdered.

Quote:
“A Black man was shot and his life is in peril, and it frankly shouldn’t be,” Milwaukee Brewers manager Craig Counsell said as he wore a “Black Lives Matter” T-shirt before his team’s game Monday with the Cincinnati Reds. “We’ve got a systemic problem that we need to address, and we all need to educate ourselves. Whether you agree or disagree with what I’m saying, I think it’s important that we continue to think, we continue to pursue policy change, we continue to act, because there’s violence happening that just absolutely should not be happening. We can’t stay quiet about it.”
https://www.foxsports.com/wisconsin/...hooting-082420

Old 08-25-2020, 12:03 PM

172 posts, read 321,018 times
Quote:
I don’t really have the time right now so I’ll just copy and paste what I wrote in another thread

These 26 charts show the extent of racial disparities in America, in areas like employment, wealth, education, home ownership, healthcare, and incarceration.
https://www.businessinsider.com/us-s...ck-americans-2

https://www.prisonpolicy.org/scans/police_mort_open.pdf

A 2018 study exposed “profound racial disparity in the misdemeanor arrest rate for most — but not all — offense types.” The black arrest rate was at least twice as high as that for whites for disorderly conduct, drug possession, simple assault, theft, vagrancy and vandalism.
https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=3146057

Of the included 5494 fatalities involving police from 2013–2017, 2353 (42.83%) of the decedents were White, 1487 (27.07%) were Black, 939 were Latinx

On average, there were large racial/ethnic inequities in the rates at which White and Black people were killed during police contact. Across all MSAs, Black people were 3.23 times more likely to be killed compared to White people (95% CI: 2.95, 3.54, p<0.001). We applied a precision-weighted multilevel modeling strategy to estimate the racial/ethnic inequities in these fatalities across MSAs and identify MSAs with marked Black-White inequities

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ar...l.pone.0229686

Data and research have extensively documented the ways in which Black Americans are underrepresented, overrepresented, or experience different treatment from their white counterparts.

There’s overwhelming evidence that the criminal justice system is racist. Here’s the proof.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...nline_manual_6

I already debunked your copy and paste diatribe. Your Washington "Bezos" Post was debunked by Walter E. Williams and Thomas Sowell from articles above. I trust these prestigious black academics who specialize in Economics with PhDs and studied the black community over white lefty owned corporate nonsense.

If you are too lazy to bother seeing how refuted you were by said academics and think regurgitating nonsense by select crafty narratives is convincing, that's on you.

Your silence on the violence in Kenosha is telling of your crafty racial narrative.

Old 08-25-2020, 12:07 PM

172 posts, read 321,018 times
Quote:
Good to see the Wisconsin sports teams speaking up about the shooting. A Brewers pitcher, Devin Williams wrote BLM on the mound last night when he entered the game. I know the Bucks organization were very vocal yesterday and George Hill stated he regrets entering the bubble because now he can’t take action to help. Packers coaches and players met to discuss the racial inequality in this state And they’re planning to do something like they did after George Floyd was murdered.

https://www.foxsports.com/wisconsin/...hooting-082420
Are we to be impressed by these multi millionaires who are puppets? At least try and use scholarship instead of paid clowns who dance on command.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SzHd5bmEdU4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin