U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-25-2020, 12:14 PM
 
Location: Portland OR
2,088 posts, read 3,064,412 times
Reputation: 3246

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empidonax View Post
It could be said that scumbags destroying other people's lives are a part of humanity. Shall we just Get Over That, as well?



This is true. In the United States, these people are disproportionately white and not likely to be targets of racism.

It is also true that many People of Color deal with racism constructively and live good lives. I wonder if they could live "great" or "better" lives, though, if humans made greater efforts to suppress racist tendencies?
Normally you are a fairly articual individual and while I disagree many times, I respect your insight and thought process.

However in this post, ya jumped the shark.

First- if we assume racism is a cause in the kenosha shooting, your fIrst statement claims that two wrongs make a right.

Secondly - your second statement assume racism is peculiar to UNited States. In actual practice, Europe, Asia and Africa are way more racist in everyday life than the United States.

These insane RIOTS seen in USA and endorsed by limousine liberals, Democrats, anarchists and generally bad folk, have NOTHING to do with "fixing racism" in the United States.
Rate this post positively

 
Old 08-25-2020, 01:16 PM
 
Location: Bay View, Milwaukee
2,482 posts, read 4,586,207 times
Reputation: 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjarider View Post
Normally you are a fairly articual individual and while I disagree many times, I respect your insight and thought process.

However in this post, ya jumped the shark.

First- if we assume racism is a cause in the kenosha shooting, your fIrst statement claims that two wrongs make a right.

It seems that you misconstrued my post.

You earlier said that racism is a part of humanity, so we should just accept it.

I responded by saying that "scumbags destroying other people's lives" can also be seen as a fact of humanity (Aristotle, the Bible, Hobbes, and Freud have commented on this), but I rhetorically questioned the wisdom of merely accepting it.

Even if racism and destructive tendencies may be seen as fundamentally human, humans are capable of improving themselves for the sake of social cohesion and civilization.

We shouldn't accept racism, no matter how embedded it may be in us, and we shouldn't accept human violence and destructiveness, either.

Humans can do better in all of these categories.


Quote:
Secondly - your second statement assume racism is peculiar to UNited States. In actual practice, Europe, Asia and Africa are way more racist in everyday life than the United States.
I mentioned the United States because that is the focus of the thread here. I'm well aware of racism and violence in other parts of the world, but BLM and Antifa and the riots we're discussing have more to do with the U.S.

Quote:
These insane RIOTS seen in USA and endorsed by limousine liberals, Democrats, anarchists and generally bad folk, have NOTHING to do with "fixing racism" in the United States.
I agree that the riots are terrible, and there are perhaps "bad folk" (including "anarchists") behind them, but it seems a bit reactionary and unproductive to throw "limousine liberals" and "Democrats" into the mix.

You do realize that nearly half of the electorate are Democrats? You really think that half of the voters in this country are to blame for the riots, then?

That's quite a stretch of reasoning. It isn't much better than the reasoning behind the claim (made by some people) that all conservatives, Republicans, and Trumpers endorse police brutality, racist incidents, gay bashing, anti-Muslim behavior, anti-immigrant behavior, etc.

Isn't the truth much more complicated? Or is the world really just a Star Wars good-vs-evil scenario?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 08-25-2020, 02:06 PM
 
Location: Coastal South Carolina
6,134 posts, read 361,108 times
Reputation: 4670
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINH View Post
If people actually would get their facts straight before accusing police it might be better. This guy had an arrest warrant out for him foe sexual assault and criminal trespass as well as being in a bar July 4th or 5th brandishing age and threatening patrons police were called and he continued to point gun through window at patrons and had been known to have a gun in his car. Yes a real saint. They have another video of him attacking officers and being tased knowing he may have a gun in car what would you do. Facts are better than assumptions
This is what people need to know before they ignorantly riot and burn buildings. Another justified shooting by the police pre-judged by media and racist people with nothing to do but complain and accuse. If people were working and were productive citizens they would not be on the streets......
Rate this post positively
 
Old 08-25-2020, 02:57 PM
 
Location: RI, MA, VT, WI, IL, CA, IN (that one sucked), KY
38,727 posts, read 29,058,122 times
Reputation: 36261
Justified shooting? Shooting in the back? LOL. This forum is insane.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 08-25-2020, 03:07 PM
 
Location: Pinetop-Lakeside, AZ
1,893 posts, read 1,915,954 times
Reputation: 3449
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Justified shooting? Shooting in the back? LOL. This forum is insane.
If all you want to do is accept the 'sound bite' and tiny clip that you were fed as the whole truth, then I am sorry sir, but you would be the one acting insane. Until the news media (and I mean ALL outlets) decide to report the news honestly instead of producing it to fit their narrative, trust, but VERIFY. Search out and watch the WHOLE video, not just the tiny portion that was produced for an audience.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 08-25-2020, 03:26 PM
 
Location: The Allegheny
1,267 posts, read 1,539,255 times
Reputation: 1477
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Justified shooting? Shooting in the back? LOL. This forum is insane.
He was armed with a knife.

If you're a cop, and the guy is resisting arrest, heading back to the car to possibly drive off or reach for a gun, what would you do logically? Beg for him to surrender?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 08-25-2020, 03:51 PM
 
3,885 posts, read 1,746,276 times
Reputation: 3996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv95 View Post
He was armed with a knife.

If you're a cop, and the guy is resisting arrest, heading back to the car to possibly drive off or reach for a gun, what would you do logically? Beg for him to surrender?
You stop him from getting to the car in the first place. Looks like the cops barely even tried.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 08-25-2020, 04:01 PM
 
Location: SE WI
593 posts, read 472,633 times
Reputation: 1574
My only sympathy goes out for the police officer that had to have his day ruined by this worthless POS.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 08-25-2020, 04:19 PM
 
Location: The Allegheny
1,267 posts, read 1,539,255 times
Reputation: 1477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
You stop him from getting to the car in the first place. Looks like the cops barely even tried.
And how would you stop him? You tackle him and risk being stabbed or worse?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 08-25-2020, 04:41 PM
 
3,885 posts, read 1,746,276 times
Reputation: 3996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv95 View Post
And how would you stop him? You tackle him and risk being stabbed or worse?
Tasers exist don’t they? Why does it always have to go straight to deadly force?
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:20 AM.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top