U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2020, 11:28 PM

154 posts, read 50,112 times

Advertisements

Now HERE is some surprising news ...

Jacob Blake and his mother don't want people to riot; they want people to pray. They even prayed with a police officer:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ha/3437759001/

This doesn't fit any of the world's favorite divisive narratives right now. It's amazing.
Rate this post positively

Old 08-26-2020, 06:13 AM

4,753 posts, read 1,983,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post

...as my colleague Radley Balko has concluded after an examination of the academic literature, “...”
Ahh. That explains your emotional responses here...I figured it was either that you were black and were personally frustrated by life in the ghetto, or you were never actually exposed to life there at all and merely fantasize about it based on 2nd hand reporting....All y0ur BS "studies" take mere "occurrences" and don't analyze the differential response to a police encounter. (https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...tail&FORM=VIRE

There are Liberals...and then there are the people who actually have to deal with life in the black enclaves.

There's nothing wrong with "the ghetto" that more available jobs won't fix, but, just as immigrant families require 3-4 generations to become fully "Americanized," families living lives long sequestered in the poor neighborhoods will require 3-4 generations to lose the attitudes that have survival value there but not in mainstream society.

Old 08-26-2020, 07:18 AM

3,718 posts, read 2,841,655 times
Lol, what's with the far right & youtube videos? Post 30 sound research articles, graphs etc & people respond with - That's ALL BUNK! Now here's a youtube video to prove it. lol. Why do I waste my time here? I swear this is becoming more a hangout for the far right than anything. And I'm a moderate.

Old 08-26-2020, 07:42 AM
sub

2,683 posts, read 1,160,240 times
Quote:
Lol, what's with the far right & youtube videos? Post 30 sound research articles, graphs etc & people respond with - That's ALL BUNK! Now here's a youtube video to prove it. lol. Why do I waste my time here? I swear this is becoming more a hangout for the far right than anything. And I'm a moderate.
Apparently you didn't click to realize the video was a comedy sketch done by Chris Rock mocking people who don't use common sense when encountering the police.
If that's far right, then perhaps you can begin to understand why accusations of "far right" fall on deaf ears.

Old 08-26-2020, 07:47 AM

3,718 posts, read 2,841,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Apparently you didn't click to realize the video was a comedy sketch done by Chris Rock mocking people who don't use common sense when encountering the police.
If that's far right, then perhaps you can begin to understand why accusations of "far right" fall on deaf ears.
Ya I saw that. I’ve watched it before. It’s good entertainment. That’s why I brought up YouTube videos.

Old 08-26-2020, 07:47 AM

334 posts, read 100,149 times
Never a good idea to chase down and then attack ie, drop kick an armed dude in the middle of a “protest”.

2 killed, 1 injured as a result.

Shooter, at least based on the video, looks have a good to decent self defense excuse. Imagine not making a complete decision of an incident based on a video snippet. The shooter was in retreat, was chased down, and physically assaulted by several members of a mob.

Looks like some folks in Kenosha aren’t as groovy with azzh@les thinking they’re in Portland.

Hey woke white idiots, check state gun laws before playing revolution for black people...WI is a non permit, open carry state.

Wonder how night 4 will go as hordes of “protesters” attempt to destroy private and business property in Kenosha WI?

Old 08-26-2020, 08:11 AM

36,683 posts, read 40,785,626 times
The Governor has turned down Federal help so the best thing to do is arm yourself and protect your own property.

When the Black Panthers invaded Chicago’s Little Italy in the 1960s, they were met by Italians on rooftops with automatic weapons. They left very quickly. No looting, no burning. If the government doesn’t act now, we’re likely to see similar militias spring up across the country.

Armed Koreans on rooftops stopped the looting of their stores during the LA riots.

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/sta...07758401507329

Old 08-26-2020, 08:24 AM

334 posts, read 100,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
The Governor has turned down Federal help so the best thing to do is arm yourself and protect your own property.

When the Black Panthers invaded Chicago’s Little Italy in the 1960s, they were met by Italians on rooftops with automatic weapons. They left very quickly. No looting, no burning. If the government doesn’t act now, we’re likely to see similar militias spring up across the country.

Armed Koreans on rooftops stopped the looting of their stores during the LA riots.

Oh, didn’t know that WI Gov. D’bag turned down federal assistance...imagine that. Well, looks like the people will have to defend themselves, their property, and businesses. This jerk flames up the anti police rhetoric on Sunday, the same day this incident occurred...by Tuesday night, 2 killed.

What happened to political leadership? Look at Lori Lighthead in Chicago, an attorney, a former U.S. prosecutor leaping to conclusions in the Floyd case based on a video snippet before any fact finding. Then again “attorney” and former President, and way former resident of Chicago, Barack Obama did the same thing from the White House.

Having lived through 2 rounds of mob violence and looting in downtown Chicago this summer, it’s best to own a gun to protect yourself...trust me, you’re on your own.

Governments number 1 job is to protect the citizens. We’ve seen this contrived dereliction of duty across the country in several cities and states. Marxism disguised as Progressive Politics.

Old 08-26-2020, 09:08 AM

2,482 posts, read 4,586,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

He called in the National Guard. Should he do more?

Old 08-26-2020, 09:09 AM

4,753 posts, read 1,983,635 times
Quote:
You quite obviously didn't watch the video.

So much for keeping an open mind and scientifically considering all evidence before forming a conclusion-- That video is Chris Rock's humorous treatment of the problem of black/police encounters from several years ago...

Thanks for proving a point about academic pre-conceptions and cherry picking the data to fit the narrative.

Having grown up in Chicago, and early in my career trained, worked & volunteered in some of that city's "worst neighborhoods," I can assure you that it's a different world there from anything you can imagine from afar, particularly from the lecture halls & libraries in Madison. When dealing in that environment, no matter how altruistic one may be, push frequently comes to shove...Don't criticize a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin