U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2020, 08:53 PM

3,711 posts, read 2,836,708 times

Advertisements

Man, some of these posts today. Are some of these Russian bots? And I've even put some of the posters in here on my ignore list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayHammer View Post
The problem definitely isn't Yellow, mostly isn't White, kinda isn't Brown or Red, and is certainly Black.

Wow, I'm trying to wrap my head around your thoughts here. I know they're likely cemented in stone so I won't change your mind, but man. So if you believe the problem "is certainly black," then that's got to affect how you see black people & distorts everything in life. If you owned a house, would you rent to a black person? I'm guessing no based on the above. Would you let your daughter date a black man?

Quote:
I don't know what the breakdown is between nature and nurture,
71-29

Quote:
something has to change and it isn't me.
That's the attitude our society needs right now

Quote:
so why are people on the radio and the television blaming me for all of society's ills?
Uhh, did you read what you just wrote?? Lol. Your view on things could, well, use a little updating (I'll be polite & just leave it at that.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
Moderate , LOL, bs ..Reread your postings.
fiscally liberal, socially Conservative (against most abortions). Opposite of Trump.
I don't get along with anyone politically. Too liberal for conservatives, & too conservative for liberals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castlebar View Post
Asians are the most successful demographic in the U.S. yet one never hears about “Asian Privilege”
They are? How many Asian presidents have we had? How many Asians are in the house, senate, congress etc? I just googled the 15 richest people in America. As far as I could tell, not 1 Asian. Whites are still in the power spot in the U.S. . . for now.

Quote:
So far, 30+ businesses damaged or destroyed, 2 dead. Lunatic left Governor Evers is to blame for this.
And how do you blame that on Evers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
So if you're buying into the ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN and the lot along with the likes of the NY Times, Washington Post, PBS, you are already sucked in.
So what do you read/watch then? A lot of those are fairly moderate (ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
It is my belief looters and burners - green, purple, black, white - should be shot dead on sight. You're seen torching a place - you're dead. You're seen breaking glass, running out of stores w/shopping carts of merchandise - you and your kids who are helping you are ALL dead. That would end it.

Quote:
None of these people contribute to society.
You don't know that. 2 of the protestors arrested in Madison & one is a Doctor of Physical Therapy & the other a School Social Worker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
Interestingly enough in scripture (ya know that thing called the Bible?) the creator laid out a good number of things to live by.
Now someone is speaking my language!
God also humbled us all by saving us by grace (not our works or effort) so we can't think of ourselves as better than anyone. You & I are no better than the people burning stores or the cops murdering people. Jesus also said things like love your neighbor as yourself. . . love your enemies & pray for those who persecute you . . . and this - Acts 2:44-45 All the believers were together and had everything in common. They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need. The African American community is hurting right now & in need of our prayers, grace, & love.

Here's a good article from an evangelical Christian
Tim Keller Makes the Case That Caring About Social Justice Doesn’t Make You a Marxist

Quote:
When you did NOT you were to be taken OUTSIDE the camp (city) and stoned to DEATH!
That's the old covenant, & that specific practice isn't practiced anymore. We're in the New Covenant now thanks to Jesus. Also, Jewish law (in case you're Jewish) includes following the legal laws of the land.

[quote] That went out the window with what we call "the law" these days. [quote]

That went out the window with Eve (well following Gods law they had at that time at least). Of course it progressively got so bad He sent a flood. Only Jesus saves us from the law now.

Last edited by everwinter; 08-26-2020 at 09:28 PM..
Rate this post positively

Old 08-26-2020, 09:14 PM

2,601 posts, read 869,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Man, some of these posts today.
And how do you blame that on Evers?
Can I weigh in on this one? Evers failed because he pandered to the rioters by condemning the cops before he knew the facts. Instead of asking for calm to allow the facts to come to light via an investigation, he jumped the gun and fanned the flames, in effect being partially responsible for the rioting that followed. Stupid, stupid, stupid, not very Governor-quality at all.

And then, instead of anticipating the riots, he ignored requests from the Kenosha city council and did not deploy the National Guard to stop the rioting. Genuine, lawful protests could have still been allowed, but if you believe rioting is OK because "People express frustration and anger in different ways", then I can't help you. If the Governor had acted properly, the people killed last night would still be alive. And whoever else is killed tonight, and tomorrow, and..... Kenosha just took a huge hit to its ability to survive in the last 48 hours. Do you plan to move there and help them rebuild? I'm not feeling that generous myself, way too many Democrats in that city for me.

Old 08-26-2020, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Q. Bobalink View Post
Can I weigh in on this one? Evers failed because he pandered to the rioters by condemning the cops before he knew the facts. Instead of asking for calm to allow the facts to come to light via an investigation, he jumped the gun and fanned the flames, in effect being partially responsible for the rioting that followed. Stupid, stupid, stupid, not very Governor-quality at all.

If the Governor had acted properly, the people killed last night would still be alive. And whoever else is killed tonight, and tomorrow, and..... Kenosha just took a huge hit to its ability to survive in the last 48 hours.
That's a little of a stretch. Evers even said "While we do not have all the details yet"

Protestors were going to protest regardless of what Evers said. I was following along on Twitter & within minutes the video became viral & #Kenosha & then #Jacob Blake went from trending at #20 to #10 & then in the top 10 the entire next day (in the world). World famous athletes & celebrities were sharing the video like crazy & commenting on it. That's one of the problems with social media sites (this site included.)

Old 08-26-2020, 09:57 PM

2,481 posts, read 4,583,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Q. Bobalink View Post

And then, instead of anticipating the riots, he ignored requests from the Kenosha city council and did not deploy the National Guard to stop the rioting. Genuine, lawful protests could have still been allowed, but if you believe rioting is OK because "People express frustration and anger in different ways", then I can't help you. If the Governor had acted properly, the people killed last night would still be alive. And whoever else is killed tonight, and tomorrow, and..... Kenosha just took a huge hit to its ability to survive in the last 48 hours. Do you plan to move there and help them rebuild? I'm not feeling that generous myself, way too many Democrats in that city for me.
According to this news release, around 150 National Guard members were out on the streets of Kenosha on Monday night, a full day before the Rittenhouse incident:

https://www.insider.com/national-gua...rotests-2020-8

A friend of mine who lives in downtown Kenosha has confirmed this. She lives near the turmoil zone.

So, it seems that the National Guard was present, but two people were killed anyhow.

On Tuesday or Wednesday he increased the number of troops, and in the past several hours, Evers has coordinated with Trump to increase the numbers even more:

https://www.nbc15.com/2020/08/26/mor...ed-to-kenosha/

https://wkow.com/2020/08/26/gov-ever...ha-deployment/

I hope the strategy works and that peace is restored.

Old 08-26-2020, 10:20 PM

Well stated by our Senator.

Quote:
“I woke up this morning sick to my stomach, and angry that more life has been lost and injuries sustained while Republicans sit idle. This is what it looks like when my Republican colleagues fail to do their job, and when they choose politics over people’s lives by refusing to enact legislation that is readily available simply because it was written by ‘liberals.’

“Our cities are on fire because of the systemic racism built into the very systems that are supposed to preserve and protect us. Yet, when these sinful misdeeds are inflicted upon Black and brown communities, my Republican colleagues blatantly look the other way. People of color are asked to ‘exhale’ or ‘wait for an investigation’ or participate in an empty task force where those in control of the Legislature will choose to ignore the recommendations.

“Jacob Blake is paralyzed from seven gunshot wounds to the back, and those officers sworn to serve and protect were heard on video thanking the very militia who might be responsible for shooting three people last night, two of which are deceased.

“The question for us, Wisconsin, is when are we going to make Republicans do their jobs, or do we continue to sit idly by and watch this state burn to the [eff ing] ground?”
https://www.wispolitics.com/wp-conte...sha-Events.pdf

Old 08-26-2020, 11:34 PM

5,825 posts, read 1,453,446 times
Quote:
Lol, what is it called when you willingly allow yourself to buy that nonsense? Lets go with wilful gaslightee.

Old 08-26-2020, 11:46 PM

2,601 posts, read 869,463 times
Quote:
Sounds like your Senator is a bigger idiot than your Governor, shooting their mouth off before an investigation is completed. How does the Good Senator know what those cops saw, what they heard, and other pertinent evidence? Isn't it possible the officer who shot Blake won't even be charged? What was the cop's training in such an event, and what was lawful?

What we (appear) to know, is that police were called to the scene of an active domestic disturbance, where the reported antagonist had an active felony warrant, and had a record of sexual battery, domestic violence, and (I think) weapons charges. When they arrived and were sorting out the who's whos, Blake physically resisted being detained, and went to the ground with at least one officer. He then rose and defied orders to stop, walking to a vehicle with children inside. A taser was reportedly used and failed to stop him. Second City Cop has a photo with him holding something curved and pointed while walking to the vehicle, and supposedly, officers were heard to say "drop the knife". When Blake entered the car, the cop who shot him didn't know if he was retrieving a firearm, was attempting to flee in the vehicle with the kids in it, or was planning to perform a murder/suicide. My guess is, if he were allowed to leave the scene and something happened to those kids, that same Senator would be calling for the same cop's head for allowing it to happen.

So STHU, Senator, until you have all the facts. But wait, here's a chance to slam the Republicans! Please, it's getting old, and predictable, and SHOULD cost you the election this fall. And shame on you, ever, for swallowing it hook, line, and sinker.

Last edited by Curly Q. Bobalink; 08-27-2020 at 12:16 AM..

Old 08-27-2020, 12:18 AM

23,460 posts, read 49,984,960 times
Quote:
You don't know that. 2 of the protestors arrested in Madison & one is a Doctor of Physical Therapy & the other a School Social Worker.
Ah, so now you're saying even the professional and educated are not peaceful protestors but are, instead, looters and burners? Really? Because my post SPECIFICALLY addressed -
LOOTERS AND BURNERS
If you missed it, read it again. There needs be unequivocal consequences - a one and done - for those who perpetrate thievery and destruction of private property under the guise of "protest." The hammer needs to brought down - and hard.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 08-27-2020 at 12:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin