U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2020, 09:33 PM

17 posts, read 8,302 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,
We are thinking of buying a 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo or townhouse around Kenosha. I will be working in Kenosha so what are nearby areas where we can get a small condo for around 150,000? Not a big fan of long commutes. Is that budget too low for that area? Will it be better to rent an apartment rather than buying a small place? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2020, 02:47 PM

Hello, can someone give answers to above questions?

Old 08-30-2020, 03:13 PM

2,481 posts, read 4,581,788 times
I don't know enough about the various neighborhoods of Kenosha to say anything helpful, but here's a link to realtor.com condo listings. It seems that $150,000 is doable, but on the low end of the range.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean..._WI/type-condo

Old 08-30-2020, 03:49 PM

Thanks so much. I did research on the internet on sites like Trulia, Realtor and Zillow. We are ok with buying a little away from kenosha. Problem is, I don’t know anything about the areas and so no idea which of these neighborhoods are safer and closer to shops etc

Old 08-30-2020, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison19 View Post
Thanks so much. I did research on the internet on sites like Trulia, Realtor and Zillow. We are ok with buying a little away from kenosha. Problem is, I don’t know anything about the areas and so no idea which of these neighborhoods are safer and closer to shops etc
A friend of mine who lives in Kenosha has given me some info to pass along to you. She says that the section south of 60th St., between the lakefront and 7th Avenue, is a very good area with lots of condos, but she's not sure about the price range.

This area is close to a lot of restaurants and other interesting sites.

She says that the other desirable areas of Kenosha tend to be more suburban and less pedestrian friendly, specifically the area in northern Kenosha to the east of Green Bay Rd.

The suburban tracts to the west of Kenosha (and west of I-94) are also very desirable, but they are not very pedestrian-friendly and are more geared toward traditional single-family homes.

There may be good neighborhoods and condo developments in other parts of Kenosha, but my friend isn't aware of them. She lives in an apartment south of downtown near the lakefront so that she can commute to suburban Chicago for her job.

Immediately to the south of Kenosha is Pleasant Prairie, also suburban, but it is considered a good place to live.

Farther afield, if you don't mind a commute, the community of Caledonia north of Racine is pretty nice, and some communities in southern Milwaukee County (such as Oak Creek and Franklin) have condo options. But it sounds to me that the area of southeastern Kenosha neat the lakefront may have what you're looking for, with a much shorter commute involved.

I hope this helps a bit. You might consider looking to see if there's a Facebook page for Kenosha; you would probably get more interaction and information that way....

Old 08-30-2020, 11:04 PM

Thanks so much. This is a lot of information and is very helpful. Thanks again.

Old 08-30-2020, 11:35 PM

You're welcome; I hope it at least gives you a good start. And best wishes on your move.

Old 08-30-2020, 11:39 PM

Thank you.

Old 08-30-2020, 11:47 PM

6,219 posts, read 2,467,576 times
I hear they're having a fire sale on downtown condos...

Old 08-31-2020, 01:15 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,225,449 times
I grew up in Kenosha and still visit often. The south side of Kenosha is still a nice area. 2 years ago my friend’s son bought a cute cape cod house for 150k in a decent neighborhood in the older north side of town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin