U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2020, 07:23 PM

3,710 posts, read 2,835,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by devdaen View Post
See post #25.
Thank you, I seemed to missed this gem below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
You simply do NOT incite an officer when you are stopped or questioned. It's pure and simple sensible behavior and one the blacks don't care for it seems.
There's that racism I've come to expect here. Sometimes I wonder if it's 2020 or 1920 around here. Are you one of the whites for Wauwatosa?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2020, 09:30 PM

2,090 posts, read 3,060,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Thank you, I seemed to missed this gem below.

There's that racism I've come to expect here. Sometimes I wonder if it's 2020 or 1920 around here. Are you one of the whites for Wauwatosa?
The quote would have been better and more accurate if instead of saying “blacks”, it would have stated “stupid people (of any color).” Aside from that, it’s an accurate post.

Old 09-06-2020, 10:38 AM

3,523 posts, read 1,542,723 times
Quote:
My my aren't we fussy.

https://www.newsweek.com/jacob-black...ooting-1527708

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...ustified.html#!

https://dailycaller.com/2020/08/25/p...blake-kenosha/

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/jac...sexual-assault

I could go on and on but won't waste my time if someone needs volumes to support the fact the guy was a thug as those before that were shot would have their arrest records show. These people are NOT angels to say the least and incited the results they got. Half a brain is all it takes to avoid such altercations. But these types prefer the altercation and get what they asked for
Most of us DO get it.

Old 09-09-2020, 02:07 PM

482 posts, read 297,842 times
Wisconsin is the poster child for racism. The state tend to score #1 on most racial disparity metrics. As a black man who would get pulled over frequently when driving through Milwaukee suburbs (and even had the cops called on me for getting locked out of my own house in my former lily white neighborhood), I wasn't surprised at all when I heard about the Jacob Blake incident. #BlackLivesMatter

Old 09-10-2020, 04:14 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,691,714 times
Let's face it. You're going to have a hard time defending the bad side of the African American culture. They are fortunately NOT in any way shape or form the main segment of the African American people. They are the one's that came from druggie section 8 home influences and were in gangs, or having not had a decent father to teach them better along their upbringing and more. But this also applies to ALL peoples, not just African American. But the fact the media LOVES to elevate these losers who do their level best to try to go against the law enforcement at every turn is what is such a BAD joke I've had many black friends growing up and they were super people. Many times a lot more fun then the non blacks I encountered. But sadly and as usual the Left Media does their very best to paint with a messed up brush any form of reality to benefit their agendas. Nothing new here. Sadly they are here to stay.

Old 09-10-2020, 10:58 PM

2,481 posts, read 4,582,316 times
Quote:
Let's face it. You're going to have a hard time defending the bad side of the African American culture. They are fortunately NOT in any way shape or form the main segment of the African American people. They are the one's that came from druggie section 8 home influences and were in gangs, or having not had a decent father to teach them better along their upbringing and more. But this also applies to ALL peoples, not just African American. But the fact the media LOVES to elevate these losers who do their level best to try to go against the law enforcement at every turn is what is such a BAD joke I've had many black friends growing up and they were super people. Many times a lot more fun then the non blacks I encountered. But sadly and as usual the Left Media does their very best to paint with a messed up brush any form of reality to benefit their agendas. Nothing new here. Sadly they are here to stay.
I don't think it's a matter of "defending" the bad side of any culture.

Of course, most people of every race and ethnicity are generally good people, even if they're also imperfect and may have done some moderately dumb things in their life.

I do think it's a matter of recognizing that circumstances for some people (such as some Blacks) would be much better if they had the same privileges and opportunities as whites (in real life logistics, and not just theoretically "according to the Constitution"), and didn't have to deal with things such as disproportionate unemployment, disproportionate crappy housing, disproportionately distressed schools, and disproportionate heaps of suspicion and mistrust from more privileged people.

Jacob Blake. What might things have been like for him if he had had a stronger family and more supportive community to draw from? Better (equal) employment opportunities and better (equal) schools? Less redlining and segregation?

Fortunately, most people get by just fine, and we usually barely notice their foibles, if at all. Many people who exist in highly underprivileged communities do just fine, though pound for pound, people from privileged communities tend to prosper quite a bit more.

If Blake had real opportunities that many of the rest of us had, he might not be in the news today. We've seen the bad side on the news, and many people believe that is what defines him. But he evidently has some good qualities, too--he's been a friend to people, has been an active father to his children, has led a reasonably "normal" life (has worked, has stayed out of jail, has married), etc.

Under better (more equal) circumstances, these good qualities might have shined.

Last edited by Empidonax; 09-10-2020 at 11:07 PM..

Old 09-11-2020, 12:58 PM

10,948 posts, read 3,219,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InnovativeAmerican View Post
Wisconsin is the poster child for racism. The state tend to score #1 on most racial disparity metrics. As a black man who would get pulled over frequently when driving through Milwaukee suburbs (and even had the cops called on me for getting locked out of my own house in my former lily white neighborhood), I wasn't surprised at all when I heard about the Jacob Blake incident. #BlackLivesMatter
I lived in Alabama (Montgomery) for nine months in 1973, and at that time at least, racism in Alabama was very much alive and proudly displayed to the point that I, a Yankee, was extremely shocked and outraged; I could hardly wait to move away from that hell. (I hope that the situation is now very different there.)

Six weeks ago today, I moved to a Wisconsin rural community that is 98% white. In just those six weeks, I have become part of a "walking group" of five retired ladies, of whom one is outspokenly very liberal, one is liberal-moderate, two are conservative-moderate, and one is a Trump supporter (but not extremely so). All of them were appalled by the Jacob Blake shooting, as am I.

So, in short, although I certainly cannot speak for all of Wisconsin -- and especially given the very short amount of time I have spent here in this state -- based on my limited experience and in comparison with other places I have lived, Wisconsin is very far from being the "poster child for racism".

Old 09-11-2020, 01:34 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,691,714 times
And believe me.......I'm NOT trying to justify 7 shots to ANY mans back to begin with. And frankly I fully agree. I have long touted EDUCATION as the #1 method by which a persons future success can be determined. It is well proven so not something I need to provide information to back me up. And I'm even willing to say that in many cases around this country, the poorer neighborhoods where many of the blacks get stuck, do in fact have a poorer level of education. So THAT in particular is where we need to shore things up to start with.

Old 10-14-2020, 07:41 PM

387 posts, read 989,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Lol, what is this, the 3rd attempt here to write about the Jacob Blake incident before the racist comments are noticed & it's shut down?

I talked to my black brother-in-law today which was kinda eye opening since he sees the whole Kenosha thing through different eyes than I could. He said it's infuriating that white people blame black people or protestors for all that's going on, yet 4 people have been shot or killed in Kenosha . . . all by white men with guns. So who is the problem here?

3 of those white people were shot by Rittenhouse in self defense.

I have not heard about the 4th shooting you mentioned.

Old 10-14-2020, 07:50 PM

387 posts, read 989,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
All of them were appalled by the Jacob Blake shooting, as am I.

Was is appalling is that people with zero experience in police work spew their opinions when they are ignorant of the subject matter and post based on emotions.

When someone resists arrest and reaches into a vehicle they will get shot. A police officer can't wait until the person turns around with a gun to make a shoot/don't shoot decision. The person reaching into the vehicle has left the officer no choice.

What is appalling is that people keep resisting arrest.

The narrative of the left is also appalling. Police officers shoot more white males than they do black males. That is amazing when you figure that black males(6.5% of the population) are responsible for 50% of the violent crime.

It is also a fact that black males kill more white people than white males kill black people.

The entire narrative that black mothers should fear for their son's lives being taken by a police officer or a white male is ridiculous.

Do your research. The ultra liberal Washington Post studies police shootings. Read.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin