U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2020, 04:06 PM

3 posts, read 1,497 times

Advertisements

I finally found my dream home it was every thing I wanted. I called my realtor because I couldn't make the open house. So she called the listing agent and made an appoi tment the next afternoon at 5.
I started doing all the updating in my head and calculating costs to do this and this and that.
On the day of the appointment I had to work but knew I could make the appointment so i thought
every thing was good.. I was so excited when I got home after work.. I thought about that awful green house all-day. I wanted to check my messages and record the route to my dreem home.. My first message was from my realtor. Surely she wanted to make sure I was going to make it because its a few cities away. She told me your showing has been canceled they have an excepted offer. WHAT! HOW COULD THIS BE?. I HAD AN APPOINTMENT. I called the listing agent and talked to someone in his office They told me thats unfortunate.
REALLY? UNFORTUNATE? I guess you can't spend ethics in Appleton Wisconsin.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2020, 11:55 AM

387 posts, read 102,653 times
Your appointment does not prevent a sale, but is rather contingent on it. excepted?? you could still make an offer to keep your place in line

Old 09-18-2020, 12:09 PM

181 posts, read 60,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr charlie View Post
I finally found my dream home it was every thing I wanted. I called my realtor because I couldn't make the open house. So she called the listing agent and made an appoi tment the next afternoon at 5.
I started doing all the updating in my head and calculating costs to do this and this and that.
On the day of the appointment I had to work but knew I could make the appointment so i thought
every thing was good.. I was so excited when I got home after work.. I thought about that awful green house all-day. I wanted to check my messages and record the route to my dreem home.. My first message was from my realtor. Surely she wanted to make sure I was going to make it because its a few cities away. She told me your showing has been canceled they have an excepted offer. WHAT! HOW COULD THIS BE?. I HAD AN APPOINTMENT. I called the listing agent and talked to someone in his office They told me thats unfortunate.
REALLY? UNFORTUNATE? I guess you can't spend ethics in Appleton Wisconsin.
Most adults would be chiding themselves for not making that open house if it was truly "my dream home it was every thing I wanted." You let someone else beat you to the punch, that's 100% on you.

Old 09-18-2020, 12:58 PM

12,763 posts, read 6,286,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurntCoffey View Post
Most adults would be chiding themselves for not making that open house if it was truly "my dream home it was every thing I wanted." You let someone else beat you to the punch, that's 100% on you.
Agree. If I'd found my dream home and was ready to drop $30K over asking to get it, I'd drop everything and make that open house/showing so I could get my offer in. I had a nice little house on the market in CO. Two potential buyers heard about the upcoming listing through their buyer's agents and made appointments to see it as soon as the listing was active. Then one buyer postponed because they decided they had to watch the Superbowl instead. The other buyer kept their appointment and presented an overprice offer during the showing. The house went under contract 20 minutes after the listing went live. My agent informed the other buyer's agent. Guess who had no one but themselves to blame for missing out?

Old 09-18-2020, 04:06 PM

181 posts, read 60,436 times
Default Peeed in appleton

I peed over the edge of the Grand Canyon once, let me tell you that damn updraft has no ethics either...

Old 09-19-2020, 06:21 AM

5,405 posts, read 8,511,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurntCoffey View Post
I peed over the edge of the Grand Canyon once, let me tell you that damn updraft has no ethics either...
I think it's combination of "teed off" and "pissed off"?

Old 09-19-2020, 09:27 AM

589 posts, read 469,514 times
Who knew that Appleton actually has a "dream home"? Go figure....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin