U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2020, 01:52 PM

1,981 posts, read 1,325,719 times

Advertisements

I saw this article about Aaron Rodgers having to stay in Green Bay during bye week per NFL COVID protocols, and to say the least, he didn't seem too happy:

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/3635135001

I haven't been to Green Bay, though I would like to go to a game there sometime. Outside of a gameday atmosphere, how is the town? Is Rodgers just upset about not being able to get away on a vacation, or is the combination of weather an city leave a lot to be desired?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2020, 04:13 PM
sub

2,614 posts, read 1,130,825 times
Never been on game day, but it's a bit of a sleepy town otherwise.
100k in population mostly off by itself, that the NFL exists there is a product a bygone era.
I personally like Green Bay as a town. Blue-collar, low-key. Weather doesn't bother me, but not ideal for a lot of people.
Doesn't seem like the kind of place a bajillionaire would hang out for long unless necessary, and bye week is probably a nice time for a little getaway that those guys usually get to look forward to.
I'm not sure what to make of Rogers, but I don't follow the Packers at all.

Old 10-06-2020, 06:22 PM

3,703 posts, read 2,831,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texamichiforniasota View Post
I saw this article about Aaron Rodgers having to stay in Green Bay during bye week per NFL COVID protocols, and to say the least, he didn't seem too happy:
He's fine with living in Green Bay & has said so countless times before. Read the article. He said "I look forward to the bye weeks. I look forward to a reset, recharge the batteries." He was simply looking to get away from football & business for a week.

If you've listened to Rodgers this season he's talked a lot about self-care & taking care of yourself by setting time apart to disconnect, be silent, journal, contemplate etc. That's not going to be as easy to do when you're still in Green Bay & blocks away from work. He has 2 homes. His home here is affiliated with working.

Old 10-07-2020, 07:02 AM

562 posts, read 290,211 times
I'm about an hour from Green Bay. It's a nice place. Blue collar but decent places to shop. The river flows through town and there are some nice restaurants along there. We never mind going there. It is a safe place to live.

Old 10-07-2020, 08:57 AM

10,186 posts, read 8,955,007 times
The old time Packers in the 60's used to go hunting and fishing on Mondays. I guess he's not into that. Too bad, as Wis is great for that kind of stuff.

Old 10-07-2020, 11:35 AM

130 posts, read 129,493 times
I think he just wants to get away for awhile sorta like being cooped up in your house for 7 months with little to do. Don't think it has anything to do with Green Bay as such. He does have a 25 mill house in Malibu he cant use now not that I would want to visit California anytime soon but just saying. The old time Packers were great but a lot poorer than Rodgers and I'll bet his salary would have paid for the entire team back then.

Old 10-07-2020, 01:54 PM

2,243 posts, read 6,009,895 times
I read this and I don't think he's trying to insinuate that Green Bay itself is horrible; my impression is that he wishes he he had more freedom to travel and do other things that he would normally do on bye weeks.

Old 10-07-2020, 06:17 PM

1,981 posts, read 1,325,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINH View Post
I think he just wants to get away for awhile sorta like being cooped up in your house for 7 months with little to do. Don't think it has anything to do with Green Bay as such. He does have a 25 mill house in Malibu he cant use now not that I would want to visit California anytime soon but just saying. The old time Packers were great but a lot poorer than Rodgers and I'll bet his salary would have paid for the entire team back then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
I read this and I don't think he's trying to insinuate that Green Bay itself is horrible; my impression is that he wishes he he had more freedom to travel and do other things that he would normally do on bye weeks.
Ok, that was my first read, wanting to get out of town, but I could see how others might take it the wrong way as a slight to Green Bay. Still, I would imagine, even with a nice place in Malibu, he probably has a fairly nice home in Green Bay. With a lot of stuff being closed due to COVID anyway, he should just enjoy a relaxing week off at home.

Old 10-09-2020, 08:14 AM

10,917 posts, read 3,205,606 times
I live in Door County, which consists of many small tourist towns surrounded by farms and orchards. It is gorgeous, but for any major chain stores, with about three exceptions, one must go to Green Bay, about 60 miles away., Green Bay is what I consider to be a very working class town (with the exception of one district of absolutely beautiful old mansions). The average home appears to have been built in the 1950's and most of them are small but are very well kept. (Before moving to Door County, I lived in two states where most of the homes that are more than than 50 years old and less than 1,500 square feet look run-down and in need of some serious repair/maintenance, in my opinion.)

However, there is not much to do in Green Bay, imo, although there are many lovely parks. We stayed there for two weeks while our home in Door County was being completed. There was only one restaurant we found that we would describe as "nice", and even there, the people were dressed very casually. I have found most people in Wisconsin to be not at all pretentious but are just good, friendly, hardworking people, which I appreciate very much.

Anyway, that is only my opinion. Here is a link that gives other opinions:

//www.city-data.com/forum/wisco...ike-green.html

Last edited by katharsis; 10-09-2020 at 08:48 AM..

Old 10-09-2020, 09:06 AM

2,230 posts, read 690,378 times
From June-September it’s nice. Rest of the time weather is too cold. Also there are not enough level 2 chargers for plug in cars, making electromobility a bit challenging. Hopefully that will change with the sale of Electric F150’s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin