U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2022, 10:42 AM

4,120 posts, read 2,343,956 times

Advertisements

EllieKay56, hello, Miss. I sure do remember you stating you're a Rogers Parker!!!!

I can picture where your brother lives, then. That's one of those "other Little Italy" neighborhoods.

What's the Little Italy in Kronenwetter like?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2022, 12:26 PM

775 posts, read 515,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
EllieKay56, hello, Miss. I sure do remember you stating you're a Rogers Parker!!!!

I can picture where your brother lives, then. That's one of those "other Little Italy" neighborhoods.

What's the Little Italy in Kronenwetter like?
There are some decent restaurants in Wausau. Ciao is very good. Homemade pasta.

My brother will be retiring to Florida in 2-3 years. His wife is a CPS teacher.

Have you checked this place out in Chicago?

For a city once dubbed the “Second Croatian Capital,” ithere are very few Croatian restaurants in Chicago.

“This is just such an amazing culture with such great, amazing food, and it doesn’t get spotlighted somehow, especially for a city where we have such a big Croatian and Balkan population,” says Joe Flamm, former executive chef at Michelin-starred Spiaggia, “Top Chef” winner and owner of soon-to-open Croatian-Italian restaurant, Rose Mary. 932 W Fulton Market,

Old 02-09-2022, 12:58 PM

EllieKay56,

THANK YOU!

I wish my Croatian grandfather was still alive for me to take him!

And the last time I was in Wausau was a good 20 to 25 years ago. I went to Like's Tae Kwon Do... Not sure if it is still there.

Have a great day!!

Old 02-09-2022, 01:20 PM

6,281 posts, read 8,303,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieKay56 View Post
For a city once dubbed the “Second Croatian Capital,” ithere are very few Croatian restaurants in Chicago.
I believe Chicago has a larger Serb community than Croatian. At least everyone I knew from Yugoslavia in Chicago was Serbian.

Woodman's is fantastic. Would love them open a store in Phoenix. Lots of people from WI and IL here. I have to wait for my trips to Milwaukee. Luckily, one local chain sells Usinger's wieners.

Old 02-09-2022, 01:24 PM

Bondurant, good day,

I might imagine your Serbian friends from Chicago are familiar with St. Sava Church, in Libertyville (north of Chicago, in Lake County)? It is very well known.

Old 02-09-2022, 09:01 PM

6,281 posts, read 8,303,567 times
Quote:
Bondurant, good day,

I might imagine your Serbian friends from Chicago are familiar with St. Sava Church, in Libertyville (north of Chicago, in Lake County)? It is very well known.
Probably but I know they went to the Serbian Orthodox church in Bellwood. They seemed to know every Serbian in Chicagoland.

Old 02-10-2022, 08:30 AM

14,059 posts, read 21,269,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Second this. Wisconsin is full of nice people, and I am sure that glass_of_merlot will add to their number!
Thank You . I'm excited !

Old 02-10-2022, 08:34 AM

16,684 posts, read 6,555,350 times
Quote:
katharsis, good job backing up the warmth of many Wisconsinites.

And that was a very nice welcoming you gave to glass_of_merlot.

I must add this, however: despite the MANY negative comments I have heard Milwaukeeans say about Chicago, Chicago is a beautiful place with beautiful people.

And no disrespect, but I prefer a glass_of_cabernet.
Thanks. But as a fellow wine drinker (apparently), I like almost all varietals!

Old 02-10-2022, 09:04 AM

katharsis, in order to bring this back to the topic, WHILE addressing your comment

Does ANYONE know of a store that sells Highway 12 wine???

I went to an Italian restaurant in Highwood, Illinois, called DiSotto. And they used to serve it.

And I swear, it was as smooth as a church wine! And I have NOT found anyplace between Milwaukee and Chicago that sells it.

And I could use a nice glass of Jesus Juice!!!

Old 02-13-2022, 09:08 AM

775 posts, read 515,400 times
Quote:
EllieKay56,

THANK YOU!

I wish my Croatian grandfather was still alive for me to take him!

And the last time I was in Wausau was a good 20 to 25 years ago. I went to Like's Tae Kwon Do... Not sure if it is still there.

Have a great day!!
Like's is still thriving in Wausau. You also have a great day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin