Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2022, 11:27 AM

14,418 posts, read 22,361,289 times

Advertisements

We are finally moving to Wisconsin, to the Trevor/Wilmot area. What are some good grocery stores in or around that area. I shop at Costco already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2022, 12:57 PM

4,608 posts, read 3,152,103 times
glass_of_merlot, welcome to Wisconsin!

Old 02-07-2022, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
glass_of_merlot, welcome to Wisconsin!
Thank You! Im excited.

Old 02-07-2022, 01:59 PM

glass_of_merlot, looking at your ZIP code, you are from the northwest side of Chicago. Which streets are you near???

I, personally, use Pick 'N Save, for grocery shopping. There are probably only 1 or in Kenosha County, but they would be east of the expressway; and I believe your area is to the west.

Also, from time to time, if you want to try a good old school Italian deli, look up and take a trip to Tenuta's Deli in Kenosha. Although I have never been to Sicilia Deli in Chicago, on the northwest side of Chicago, I'm certain you'd love Tenuta's Deli!

Old 02-07-2022, 02:06 PM

26,372 posts, read 46,199,122 times
Woodman's is one of the best picks for large selection as well. There is a Kenosha location by the Pleasant Prairie line.

Old 02-07-2022, 02:17 PM

GraniteStater, GOOD CALL on the Woodman's!

And I would like to add for going out to dine, there are excellent places to eat an/or drink, in that exact area where Woodman's is.

Very often I see Illinois plates in the parking lot.

Old 02-07-2022, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
glass_of_merlot, looking at your ZIP code, you are from the northwest side of Chicago. Which streets are you near???

I, personally, use Pick 'N Save, for grocery shopping. There are probably only 1 or in Kenosha County, but they would be east of the expressway; and I believe your area is to the west.

Also, from time to time, if you want to try a good old school Italian deli, look up and take a trip to Tenuta's Deli in Kenosha. Although I have never been to Sicilia Deli in Chicago, on the northwest side of Chicago, I'm certain you'd love Tenuta's Deli!
Im behind the 16th District Police Station, near Milwaukee Ave.

Thank You for you suggestions. Also, If you want amazing Italian panini's or Subs next time you are in Chicago try Conte Di Savoia on Taylor Street.

Old 02-07-2022, 09:37 PM

glass_of_merlot, you heard about the guy that was shot twice in the attempted carjack by Superdawg, in October?

I was the citizen that helped apply first aid until the medics came, and helped the police out.

Also, my colleague runs the Gen-Ki Karate on Milwaukee Avenue.

I actually like to go for Italian in Edison Park, for the days I don't want to go in too deep to the city, on my trip from Wisconsin.

Make sure to visit my city of Milwaukee. I'll have more recommendations if you like.

P.S. The main topic flew over my head: WHY are you moving up here???

Old 02-08-2022, 09:18 AM

7,112 posts, read 4,950,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
We are finally moving to Wisconsin, to the Trevor/Wilmot area. What are some good grocery stores in or around that area. I shop at Costco already.
Shouldn't you have said "What are some good stores so I don't have to shop at Costco?"

Now that you're about to become a Country Bumpkin Cheesehead, you're supposed to grow your own. Get with the program!

Welcome to WI. We're originally from Jefferson Park. My grandfather mixed most of the concrete that went into building the neighborhood 100 yrs ago.

Old 02-08-2022, 09:36 AM

guidolaMoto, good morning,

Forgive me if I forgot the answer, but which area of Wisconsin are you?

Have you tried the Tenuta's Deli in Kenosha that I mentioned? If so, any thoughts?

That's very interesting that your grandfather LITERALLY contributed to the FOUNDATION of Chicago!!!!

You know, sometimes when I need my Italian fix, without going into Cook County, I will go to Highwood. That town also, was constructed by the hard work of Italian immigrants, and continues to have a big Italian presence amongst residents, restaurants, and delis.

Just throwing it out there if you guys have never explored that town, and miss the old school Chicago Italian feel!

Have a great day, everyone!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin