Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2022, 11:13 AM

3,439 posts, read 3,366,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
I gather those of you who say there's no such thing as bad pizza have never tried Cici's. That stuff is genuinely inedible.

Rosati's is pretty hit-or-miss, but when they're on, they're solid. That said, a family dispute caused the company to split into two competing companies with the same name, so there are technically two different Rosati's. In my experience the one with the "new" logo is more consistent than the one with the older-style logo.

https://www.rosatispizza.com/

https://myrosatis.com/
I had no idea Rosati's, split up into 2 different chains. That's sad to hear that occurred, with different family members of the Rosati family. Interesting the Rosati's with the newer logo(rosatispizza.com), supposedly is more consistent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2022, 08:08 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,098,715 times
Chuck's in Thiensville has fantastic deep dish pizza.

https://onmilwaukee.com/articles/dee...ce-thiensville

If you remember Freedmanelli’s Numero Uno in Shorewood, then you remember the advent of Chicago-style deep dish in Milwaukee. And, if you were saddened by its closing, you might well be delighted to know that the pizza still exists, though it’s moved about 15 miles north to Thiensville.
The restaurant was established by the late Charles "Chuck" Freedman, an industry veteran who owned a number of George Webb and Ham-N-Egger restaurants in the Milwaukee area during the 1960s.
But, despite a long time love of breakfast and sandwiches, Freedman also had a dream of being the first to bring Chicago-style deep dish (and stuffed) pizza to the Milwaukee market.

So, after tirelessly working to duplicate the "top secret" signature crust, sauce and Italian sausage which defined Chicago style pizza in the Windy City, he brought his dream to fruition. In 1971, he opened Numero Uno on Oakland Avenue in Shorewood, a restaurant he operated until he was diagnosed with cancer in 1986.
Fortunately, Freedman benefited from both a strong will and good medical care, and he was able to put his hat back into the restaurant ring.

In 1988, he established Chuck’s Place, a family restaurant which served all-day breakfast, lunch, dinner and the signature pizza he’d introduced at Numero Uno.

Old 10-26-2022, 11:49 AM

9,974 posts, read 5,669,596 times
Quote:
Any recommendations in the Castle Rock / Petenwell area would be welcome as that's the area where one of our recently acquired properties is located. Seemingly the only mom-and-pop pizza joint in the area is Bucky's Pizza in Adams and its online reviews look pretty middling. Was hoping maybe one of the roadside (or lakeside) taverns or supper clubs in the area not otherwise known for its pizza could do better.
Tried the pizza at Woodbine Inn in Necedah, and... well, we'll stick to the prime rib.

Old 11-14-2022, 10:01 AM

10,261 posts, read 21,743,416 times
I like Sonny's in Sturgeon Bay.

Old 11-14-2022, 05:02 PM

I had Goodfellas in Nekoosa this past weekend. It was by far the best pizza I've had in Wisconsin since Edwardo's left the Wisconsin market decades ago. I'd put it up against the best thin crust from Chicago's most revered pizza institutions and it would hold its own. And, it was insanely cheap: a 12-inch, 3-ingredient pizza with a couple bottles of New Glarus beer plus tax came out to something like $23.

I have to say though, it's about all one can do to not gag on the stench from the paper mill when you drive into town.

Last edited by Bitey; 11-14-2022 at 05:15 PM..

Old 11-14-2022, 10:10 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,743,416 times
Quote:

I have to say though, it's about all one can do to not gag on the stench from the paper mill when you drive into town.
That's the smell of people making a good living. I worked in a couple, the money was good.

Old 11-14-2022, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
That's the smell of people making a good living. I worked in a couple, the money was good.
That's nice and all, but it still reeks.

Old 11-15-2022, 07:10 AM

4,630 posts, read 3,244,563 times
But how does their PIZZA smell?!?

Hopefully, IT doesn't reek!!!!

Old 11-15-2022, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
But how does their PIZZA smell?!?

Hopefully, IT doesn't reek!!!!
I reckon it smells as good as it tastes. It turns out the owner is also the mayor of Nekoosa.

Old 11-15-2022, 12:03 PM

4,630 posts, read 3,244,563 times
Bitey, et.al: on another note,

Apparently my local pub, Brewtown Eatery, was voted one of THE best Chicaho thick-style pizza in town!

I have never had it yet, as I am not really a fan of thick pizza.

And honestly it's been a while since I tried Brewtown Eatery's thin-style.

I guess I'm due!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin