Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2022, 12:49 PM

4,630 posts, read 3,244,563 times

Advertisements

Good day, everyone. Hoping all is well.

I saw on a Face Book a post where the question was asked, "In which States will you find the best pizza?" and ONLY Illinois was listed!... It was obviously tongue-in-cheek, as the author is a Chicago-land resident.

I responded, "Don't you dare?"

And the response was, "Rocky Rococo is good." Again, they seemed like they were being a good sport, and being tongue-in-cheek.

In any event please share, where in WISCONSIN, do you want to throw your shout out for:

BEST PIZZA IN THE STATE OF WISCONSIN...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2022, 01:36 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
Salvatore's Tomato Pies in Sun Prairie (original location), and Madison.

Trenton, NJ style pizza

Old 04-12-2022, 01:50 PM

GraniteStater, thank you for sharing!

I usually actually spend my free time in Illinois (You cannot call me a traitor, since I stood up for OUR State, when I saw the post! LOL).

So I do not make it west of Milwaukee, often, although my brother lives in Waunakee.

So if I do make it westward, I appreciate your recommendation!

Old 04-12-2022, 09:25 PM

854 posts, read 1,701,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Trenton, NJ style pizza
What does that mean ?

Old 04-13-2022, 04:45 AM

Jim Mac, good morning.

If I were to take a GUESS, I would assume it would be similar to what they call "New York" style pizza.

JUST a guess.

Hopefully we hear back from GraniteStater.

In the meantime, Jim Mac, what were YOUR nominations?

Old 04-13-2022, 09:19 AM

3,297 posts, read 3,021,473 times
Here in Sturgeon Bay, it's Sonny's all the way. You can't go wrong with a Sonny's Special, but they also feature authentic Neapolitan pizzas that are pretty great.

Old 04-13-2022, 10:10 AM

irootoo, good morning, and thank you for getting on board!

I have not been to Door County for YEARS!!! And with a name like Sonny's, I can't help but think of Sonny Corleone, or Chazz Palminteri's character in A Bronx Tale!

To be honest, I just can't get into Neapolitan style. But I am glad to hear you have a place close to you where you can get your favorite and unique type of pizza pie.

Can I SAY "pizza pie"???

Old 04-13-2022, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Mac View Post
What does that mean ?
Google, "Tomato Pies" it is a Trenton type of pizza, owner of Salvatore's in Sun Prairie is from there...

Old 04-13-2022, 12:05 PM

"Tomato pies, that is… A perfect tomato pie includes scratch-made sauce, less cheese and a slightly charred bake ending with a crust that is both crunchy and chewy. This is how pizzas were made when Salvatore’s Tomato Pies’ Chef and Owner Patrick DePula’s family immigrated to the United States.

Drawing upon his Italian-American family history and family name, Patrick and his wife Nichole opened Salvatore’s Tomato Pies in 2011. Their pies are created using old-world techniques of slow-fermenting dough from locally derived wheat, locally made cheeses and Wisconsin-raised meats. To chef/owner Patrick, serving the freshest possible ingredients isn’t about marketing, it is about tradition. His parents and grandparents have always had extensive gardens, and some of his fondest memories as a young child involve helping his grandmother pick vegetables and preparing them for family meals. Salvatore’s is proud to extend this tradition to its customers.

With two locations in downtown Sun Prairie and on Madison’s east side, Salvatore’s Tomato Pies invites you to try their shareable plates and entrees made in the brick oven, Trenton-style, from Wisconsin fresh ingredients."

Old 04-13-2022, 12:14 PM

6,404 posts, read 8,980,411 times
Zaffiro's is the best pizza I have had in WI. My friend is partial to Pizza Man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin