Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 12:13 PM

8,292 posts, read 23,131,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
Worst=north side of Milw.
Again blanket statements about a side of town or a city are not accurate, the "near northside" is bad but west, northwest and far northwest side offers some nice safe and well kept neighborhoods.

-from the truth and accuracy department
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2012, 04:36 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,930,818 times
MilwaukeeCity: I have no doubt your correct. I suppose your fine then if you stay in those neighborhoods, but what if you have to leave, to go shoping, work, school. What about traveling through those not so nice areas at night, and have your car breakdown?

And so. if the northside of Milw is not the worst, what is?

Old 05-15-2012, 10:06 AM

1,201 posts, read 2,417,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
I'm amazed when I read that someone in FDL has "nothing to do." I live in west Texas but grew up in West Bend. Nothing to do??? You have big lake W right there. Ice fishing in winter, regular fishing, you could go sailing in summer, water ski or fish. You're not far from Kettle Morraine. Small lakes, motorcycle or bicycle riding roads. EAA fly in in the summer, Packers an hour away, Brewers and Bucks a little over an hour away, hunting in the fall. Nothing to do??? Come out and visit where I live. Then I can show you nothing to do.
Well, unless they groove on hunting, fishing, watersports and WI sports teams, then it certainly sounds like some folks may find little of interest there...

Old 05-18-2012, 06:05 AM

4 posts, read 13,864 times
thank you all I am so looking forward to coming back to the midwest!

Old 05-20-2012, 10:51 AM

1,475 posts, read 4,145,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radraja View Post
I think WI can seem standoff-ish because the state isn't extremely transient.

Man if you think Wisconsin is standoffish there are probably 40-45 staes you don't want to live in.

Old 05-20-2012, 11:24 AM

26,432 posts, read 46,643,868 times
One area of WI I didn't care for very much was Crandon and the Forest County region. Beautiful woods and scenery but very dysfunctional towns in that area.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:29 PM

22 posts, read 47,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Man if you think Wisconsin is standoffish there are probably 40-45 staes you don't want to live in.
I've lived in many states and visited the rest and wisconsin is up there. People are polite on the surface, but that's about it. I've had a heck of a time breaking into established cliques, most of whom have been together since grade school. By far the hardest move I've ever made. Most of my friends are other out-of-staters experiencing the same thing. Dating? Forget it...

Old 05-23-2012, 01:32 PM

22 posts, read 47,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
One area of WI I didn't care for very much was Crandon and the Forest County region. Beautiful woods and scenery but very dysfunctional towns in that area.
Haha, it's funny you mention that. That area has quite a reputation around here. Sort of an appalachian/upper midwestern hybrid. Very interesting stories to say the least.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:39 PM

2,666 posts, read 3,865,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goblu View Post
Haha, it's funny you mention that. That area has quite a reputation around here. Sort of an appalachian/upper midwestern hybrid. Very interesting stories to say the least.
Many Kentuckians relocated to that area long time ago. Your comment is correct.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:40 PM

160 posts, read 398,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goblu View Post
I've lived in many states and visited the rest and wisconsin is up there. People are polite on the surface, but that's about it. I've had a heck of a time breaking into established cliques, most of whom have been together since grade school. By far the hardest move I've ever made. Most of my friends are other out-of-staters experiencing the same thing. Dating? Forget it...
It is hard to break into established "cliques" in Wisconsin, but not because of unfriendliness per se. People around the state just seem hold onto the friends and family they have for a long time and generally don't feel the need to expand their social circle, especially in smaller towns. I honestly didn't even notice it until I moved to a larger city, and I'm sure most of the residents that you're referring to have no idea that they're being perceived as anything but welcoming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin