Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 03:34 PM

115 posts, read 562,656 times

Advertisements

Heading up to Eagle River in a week and was curious to see if anyone had any recommendations for restaurants lunch/dinner, etc? Heard anything about Scooboies, Whitespruce Inn or Twelve Pines? I was just checking out the eagleriver webpage and glanced through "area dining"...any feedback or recommendations would be great...

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2008, 06:02 PM

335 posts, read 1,208,542 times
Default hey I got a great place for you

If your coming into town from the south, and you take the right onto the main drag about maybe two miles up on the right there is a place that cooks all their food on wood. We stopped in with all our kids and thought it was a family type place but it was not, it was fancy and it ended up being just great. One of the cosiest places you will find with an interesting menu for up here. THe place is red on the right and does not look like much from the road but I will trust you will have a great meal and drinks if this is what you are looking for. I was truly suprized as I live up here and came across this by accident and loved it...JUST WISH I KNEW THE NAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but it would be easy to stop at a store if you cant find it and ask where they cook with wood but you will find it it is right on the entrance to town town

Old 07-13-2008, 12:18 AM

4,229 posts, read 17,604,841 times
Berries if only you knew the name. I myself am heading up to Eagle River area August 1 for a fishing trip with the little brother and good friends.

I would like to hear a few more restaurants if any ones knows of any?

Old 07-20-2008, 10:15 AM

12 posts, read 39,903 times
Default eagle river restau

we just tried neros on hwy 70 st germain great italian. great steaks white stag in sugar camp also great bar food at cross country in sugar camp. the place with the wood cooking is called bearatchis on 70 eagle river they closed

Old 07-27-2008, 10:48 AM

48 posts, read 166,044 times
Default Eagle River

Some of the places where you don't want to eat.
Neros...thinks nothing of $5.00 rail drinks, 8.00 for name brands
Captain Nemos...been going down for years business slow and we know what that means...old food. For sale for a long time.
Micheals...same a sNemos..benn for sale for three years, like Nemos
Sues east end...definitely a not!
Steggys...only open in the summer...not much traffic. McDonalds...havent eaten there in awhile...got sick from the food...the need some decent help.
BLT's new place
Riverstone...expensive as hell.
family restuarant....soggy fish fries...going down hill.

Now for the good.
Leifs cafe...definitely good food.
White Spruce...pricy but good.
Twelve Pines...bad service but good food.
The new one near sugar camp..heard nothing but good about it.
The cafe in suger camp...great breakfasts

ps. Real estate is tanking here...nothing selling..too high priced...no reality to prices. Alot of agents will be flipping burgers for a living by next year.

Old 07-30-2008, 09:31 AM

13 posts, read 51,432 times
I thought the pizza at the Log Cabin right on the highway in Conover was terrific when I was there several weeks ago. Really was hard to find in the phone book, tho. It was finally listed under the owner's names--which I don't remember! BTW the cheeseburger was great, too.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:07 PM

1,357 posts, read 5,864,223 times
there's a great place for breakfast on the main drag, but the name escapes me! there used to be a bar in fond du lac by the same name... might have been the copper kettle? anyone know where i'm talking about?

Old 08-03-2008, 10:47 PM

2,542 posts, read 6,913,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxsts View Post
ps. Real estate is tanking here...nothing selling..too high priced...no reality to prices. Alot of agents will be flipping burgers for a living by next year.
Just what I want to hear! Then again, maybe it will be a curse--we can afford to buy in a town and we won't get the job there!

Old 07-17-2009, 06:28 AM

1 posts, read 5,526 times
Default Old stag

If your heading up to Eagle River we found this little place in Clearwater Lake (on hwy 45 between Three Lakes & Eagle River) called the Old Stag. We had not noticed them in the past but a friend recomended us to stop there. We loved it, cool old building, German Food YUM. Check out their web site oldstagrestaurant.com its a must stop for us each year now.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:32 PM

8 posts, read 24,188 times
Default palces to eat

copper kettle ain't there no more
twelve pines have different foods from how they used to make them
we like pizza from knockers... damn good stuff!
riverstone has good food and good wines... can be spendy though
soda pops isn't worth it
leif's has good food and good service
subway takes a year to make the sandwich
lanny's fireside is a great treat
nero's has good food and environment
farmer's wife is always a good meal
the era has a variety and we like it
spang's in st germain has good italian
friendship house is always good and they have good service
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin