Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2009, 09:26 AM

947 posts, read 2,423,353 times

Advertisements

I love to walk too, Susan, and I am grateful for those who clear their paths.

So, let me ask you this: was it very unusual for it to snow so early in the year? Is this what I should expect if I come up in April also?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 11:40 AM

14,322 posts, read 14,618,819 times
Yes, it is unusual but not impossible! April is a transition month, can be great but also can have snow, usually wet stuff as the temps are better in April.

Old 10-15-2009, 12:25 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,610,891 times
I wish it was April right now!lol I'd be happy because spring would then be right around the corner. I hate cold, rainy, windy days. WHY???lol

I hope this weekend turns out to be as nice as they say.

Old 10-17-2009, 05:12 PM

Went for a ride through Point Beach State Forest, what a "hoot", the Halloween Bash is this weekend.

Everyone camping decorates for prizes, kids trick or treat camp site to camp site, looks to be fun! We couldn't believe how elaborate and far out some of the decorations were, also amazed that some were tent camping still, a little chilly!

Old 10-17-2009, 07:47 PM

620 posts, read 1,838,671 times
My daughter and I just got back from seeing Jersey Boys in Chicago. Enjoyed it, however, was somewhat surprised with the use of the 'f' word countless times. Really don't think that is necessary. Great talent and loved the music but that sort of clouded it for me.

Old 10-18-2009, 12:39 PM

Sounds like everyone had a decent time this weekend. I took my Bike out this weekend, thought it may be the last time before winter that I can ride it. It's nice out, but boy that was one cold ride. I did 28 miles and that was the coldest 28 miles of my life.lol I hate to put her away for winter but I don't see any more ride worthy weather in the forecast till next spring. The leaves are really changing up in the hills, around here they're blowing off before they can change. I'm going to try and get some fall pictures today, and tomorrow.

Old 10-18-2009, 01:52 PM

620 posts, read 1,838,671 times
That's quite a bit of exercise there, Josh! Actually is quite nice today weather-wise - sunny and warmer than it's been but haven't seen extended forecast.

Old 10-18-2009, 05:17 PM

1,085 posts, read 3,567,671 times
Susan, the Halloween Bash has to be something to see! It's going on my "bucket list".

Josh, I know exactly how you feel, we used to drive my friend's bike from Milwaukee to Rhinelander every year in late October. He stored it at his parents house. We took turns driving it, maybe forty-fifty miles each, by the time we got there we were chilled to the bone. Took hours to get thawed out.

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DAY WE HAD!!!!!

And tomorrow it is supposed to be even warmer!!!

Boat is going in the water tomorrow, definitely. I don't know if we are going on the Wolf River, the Wisconsin or on the Chain but we are taking it out for the last time this year. With the nights getting so cold I'm afraid of the water freezing in the engine, so it's time to winterize it and put it away.

But look at it this way, in only six months you'll have your bike out and I'll have my boat in the water again!

Old 10-18-2009, 08:23 PM

Suecen, I wish it was a pedal bike.lol It's my motorcycle that I took for the ride today.

Hntr, I agree about the boat/bike thing when it comes to getting them back out. However I wish it wasn't so far away. I guess that keeps me more thankful for the time I do have riding. I can't imagine riding all the way to Rhinelander, even from Waupaca that's still a nice long ride.

I just got word from my mom that my uncle was killed in an explosion at American Packaging in Columbus, that knocked me right out. This was one of the first good weekends I've had in a while and that news got to me just really shocked me. He was extremely hyper engergetic always got along with everyone kind of guy. He made me feel like his own, teached my six year old sister how to fish and took us off roading for the first time. I'm just really shocked... Haven't heard much else as of right now.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:29 PM

Great way of looking at it, tomorrow is going to be another good day, maybe not as windy???

I went to Point Beach again and School District Beach (not used very much)! Best part a woman at the 2nd beach told me to go towards Two Creeks for bigger rocks. I collected quite a few to border a flower bed. A couple walking with their sons helped me carry them to the car.

Reinforces the fact I never go anywhere around here where people aren't nice and friendly. First woman was walking her 2 little dogs, saw me collecting rocks and asked if I go to Kidman. I didn't know there was an access road there.

I discovered the School District beach on my own, it is north of Point Beach Park. I saw cars where the county road turns from the lake so I parked and saw the path. A nice beach area but no rest room facilities.

As you can tell, I love being by the lake and I take advantage of it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin