Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2013, 12:59 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,581,195 times

Advertisements

Hey Gang,
I'm just following up on my trip to Door County. We stayed in Sheboygan Friday evening. While in Sheboygan we ate dinner at the Brisco County Wood Grill, the view was fantastic, the food was not... I spoke to the manager at the hotel about Sheboygan and what he thought of the town prior to going into town and he said that he feels like Sheboygan isn't trying hard enough to attract visitors. He was talking about how Sheboygan has so much going for it with the lake and river right there. One thing I noticed is many of the restaurants that I called Friday were closing at 7. I grew up in the Portage/Pardeeville area and never found restaurants to close down at 7 on a Friday. That seemed odd to me. He said it was normal in Sheboygan, with the exception of a few restaurants.

Honestly, I loved Sheboygan... Something about Lake Michigan... It's so beautiful and the marina was very attractive. I didn't realize it was such a large city.

Saturday morning we woke up and headed off to Door County by way of Interstate 43 to Manitowoc where I told my wife we were going to take the back way up aka Highway 42. We drove through Manitowoc, Two Rivers, Kewaunee, Algoma, Sturgeon Bay.

My city report, or I should say observations
Manitowoc: Such a spread out city, it appears that the southwestern side is where everything is now. I seen the old mall on the way to Two Rivers, how sad... I loved the downtown in Manitowoc, the old buildings were very interesting and I could spend days photographing them.

Two Rivers: For a city so close to Manitowoc, I got a different vibe from it. Two Rivers felt more like an old school Wisconsin city with the lake to boot! I loved the path along the lake, that was beautiful. Two Rivers felt very quiet too.

Kewaunee: This one was my favorite, There was something about the countryside rolling up to Kewaunee. I loved the clean cut downtown area. The city had a Mayberry feel to it.

Algoma: Algoma felt a bit more modern mixed with the beachfront. It was nice but I didn't care for it as much as Kewaunee. Sorry I don't have a lot to say for Algoma...

I never did go into downtown Sturgeon Bay as we took 42 around the city.

I will report back about Door County a little later...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2013, 01:04 PM

1,490 posts, read 1,812,765 times
The Fermentation Fest in Reedsburg is in October.

Old 10-31-2013, 06:26 PM

26,400 posts, read 46,389,722 times
Anyone else TIRED of this current weather pattern? We couldn't buy a cloud most of September and now the opposite is the case..

Old 11-03-2013, 12:17 AM

I'd agree GraniteStater. I was hoping for some truly sunny days...

Old 12-11-2013, 10:12 PM

8,281 posts, read 23,044,357 times
This sucks.....-2! Miami 77!

Old 12-13-2013, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
This sucks.....-2! Miami 77!
Anything above freezing for high temperatures are a heat wave now.

Old 01-11-2014, 10:20 AM

Be careful on the roads today in the Madison region!! They are very slick due to the rain and melting snow freezing up. I slid once already today going slowly.

Old 01-18-2014, 08:07 AM

108 posts, read 150,074 times
Anyone have a rough estimation for the cost of a skiing trip for a family of five? We would have to rent for two adults and three kids.

Old 03-23-2014, 07:54 PM

I hope everyone is doing well. Spring appears to be making an attempt to show up. I haven't been out much this Winter. I'm hoping to spend more time this year traveling around Wisconsin. Last year was chaotic.

Josh

Old 03-23-2014, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
I hope everyone is doing well. Spring appears to be making an attempt to show up. I haven't been out much this Winter. I'm hoping to spend more time this year traveling around Wisconsin. Last year was chaotic.

Josh
Snowpack is still 20-25 inches for most of the Northwoods the last time I looked. I was trying to head up there in February, but I backed off going one weekend when the wind chill was around -45F in the morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin