Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2014, 03:25 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
Well, we get enough of the weather you're describing already, so I'm fine with the way it is right now.
Fair enough. I am a big snow person, would never prefer to live in the Pacific Northwest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2014, 03:34 PM

3,961 posts, read 11,016,490 times
I have to admit, and knowing how much i am not a fan of WI winters, depending on the situation i'd much rather have sun and 30 degrees then this fog/rain and 40. Got used to a lot of sun in the south, and even on cold days it helps keep one warm and their "spirits up" as they say.

Of course, sun and 15 below is well.... still 15 below

Old 12-16-2014, 08:08 AM

3,453 posts, read 4,526,031 times
Last winter was brutal and seemed neverending, even though I like cold/snow. This is a much better start, for me at least, a mild rainy month or two leading into a few months of winter instead of cold/snow right away that doesn't let up for months. I prefer our winters to Seattle's, too, but this just seems like complaining about the weather just to complain about the weather to me!

Old 12-16-2014, 07:56 PM

4,665 posts, read 3,859,137 times
I'm loving this weather. Anything above freezing in winter is fine with me. I'd take raining & 34 all day long over 24 & sunny. When the temp drops below freezing everything is different. Car acts funny. My muscles & joints ache. Riding my bike a few blocks to the grocery stores is even brutal once it gets under 32.

Old 12-17-2014, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
I'm loving this weather. Anything above freezing in winter is fine with me. I'd take raining & 34 all day long over 24 & sunny. When the temp drops below freezing everything is different. Car acts funny. My muscles & joints ache. Riding my bike a few blocks to the grocery stores is even brutal once it gets under 32.
Ha, I am the exact opposite. Give me sunny and cold weather any day of the week over rain and 34.

Old 12-17-2014, 05:34 PM

3,961 posts, read 11,016,490 times
well give me sun and 60's+ in winter but that ain't gonna happen up here much lol... so guess all i'm doing is hoping this mild stretch lasts until maybe March

Old 12-25-2014, 10:07 AM

8,289 posts, read 23,098,715 times
Wesołych Świąt i Szczęśliwego Nowego Roku

Old 06-20-2015, 12:33 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,098,715 times
I don't know if any has noticed but the OMB has updated CSA's and MSA's. This might be a little wonky for some but I find it very interesting. For instance they now lump Dodge, Jefferson and Walworth Counties to be a part of the Milwaukee area. While you can make a strong argument for Walworth county Dodge and Jefferson counties are a stretch. Just like in Madison, anything outside of Dane county shouldn't be considered a part of the Madison area since Dane county is still largely rural. How can they even say Baraboo is a part of the Madison area. Do you really think people in Baraboo are telling people they live in the Madison suburbs? same goes for people in Beloit and Janesville. In the Milwaukee area Beaver Dam and Lake Mills part of the Milwaukee area? not in my book.

While MSA's tend to leave out key cities and towns that really are a part of a metro area like how they say Caledonia in Racine county is not part of Milwaukee and CSA's tend to really be reaching like how Monroe Wisconsin is part of the Madison metro area.

Old 06-20-2015, 05:58 PM

260 posts, read 218,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
I don't know if any has noticed but the OMB has updated CSA's and MSA's. This might be a little wonky for some but I find it very interesting. For instance they now lump Dodge, Jefferson and Walworth Counties to be a part of the Milwaukee area. While you can make a strong argument for Walworth county Dodge and Jefferson counties are a stretch. Just like in Madison, anything outside of Dane county shouldn't be considered a part of the Madison area since Dane county is still largely rural. How can they even say Baraboo is a part of the Madison area. Do you really think people in Baraboo are telling people they live in the Madison suburbs? same goes for people in Beloit and Janesville. In the Milwaukee area Beaver Dam and Lake Mills part of the Milwaukee area? not in my book.

While MSA's tend to leave out key cities and towns that really are a part of a metro area like how they say Caledonia in Racine county is not part of Milwaukee and CSA's tend to really be reaching like how Monroe Wisconsin is part of the Madison metro area.
Baraboo and the Dells are pretty strongly Madison influenced from what I have seen. I watch Madison tv,and read the State Journal. Lots of coverage of outlying areas,plus no other media centers gives them a pretty large swath of area.
Jefferson. It depends. Lake Mills is definitely not part of the Milwaukee area. I would argue that the eastern part is though,especially considering a large part of Oconomowoc school district is in the county,as well as parts of Kettle Moraine district.

Old 06-21-2015, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post

They base it on commuting patterns, many people from Sauk City and Baraboo will commute to the west side of Madison or Middleton. Unity Health Insurance has an office in both areas if I recall. I do agree that Dodge and Jefferson counties should not be part of the Milwaukee metro area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin