Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2008, 10:40 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
Anyone doing any swimming lately?
Not in Lake Michigan yet but I did go swimming at Lannon quarry this weekend, Menomonee Park in Menomonee Falls. I was pleasantly surprised, the last time I was there 2 years ago there was seaweed tangling your legs, but this weekend it was seaweed clear, good temperature, etc. But do NOT go camping there, too many loud white trash folks & the park people do nothing about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 10:12 AM

1,240 posts, read 2,238,631 times
Hey Josh,
I've read that you are heading up to "Hodag" country to do some fishing soon. Was curious about the type of fishing you are into. Any particular types of fish you are going for, and what about the lakes you have targeted? Hope you knock 'em dead!!
Been up there many times, but for reasons other than fishing. Hoping to spend the next 30 years or so up there on my pontoon boat chasing big northerns and walleye. Just as soon as I can get the heck out of this desert hole called Phoenix.

Good luck on the trip!

Old 07-30-2008, 02:16 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,604,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookieboy View Post
Hey Josh,
I've read that you are heading up to "Hodag" country to do some fishing soon. Was curious about the type of fishing you are into. Any particular types of fish you are going for, and what about the lakes you have targeted? Hope you knock 'em dead!!
Been up there many times, but for reasons other than fishing. Hoping to spend the next 30 years or so up there on my pontoon boat chasing big northerns and walleye. Just as soon as I can get the heck out of this desert hole called Phoenix.

Good luck on the trip!
I will mainly stick to Northern and Large-Mouths. I've never stayed in Rhinelander before, Only Minocqua. We are staying on George Lake. I believe there is quite an array of species so I should find something that's hungry.lol

Old 07-30-2008, 06:25 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times
I'm just curious as to whether or not any of you have read the great mysteries by Victoria Houston. They are set in a small town between Rhinelander and Mercer somewhere and are all about fly fishing. Since I use to live up in that neck of the woods, many, many, many years ago, I really enjoy them. But actually, they are so well written I think anyone would like them. I live in Southern Wisconsin now but still can smell the Tamarack swamps and lake breezes when I read her books.

Old 07-30-2008, 11:55 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I'm just curious as to whether or not any of you have read the great mysteries by Victoria Houston. They are set in a small town between Rhinelander and Mercer somewhere and are all about fly fishing. Since I use to live up in that neck of the woods, many, many, many years ago, I really enjoy them. But actually, they are so well written I think anyone would like them. I live in Southern Wisconsin now but still can smell the Tamarack swamps and lake breezes when I read her books.
OH MY GOD!!!! I have all of the books in the series & my mom is getting the author to sign the new book for us! I LOVE Ray & Doc Osborne & Lew & all the others. Wow, I thought only my mom & I knew about those books, thanks for bringing them up!

Old 07-31-2008, 12:49 AM

I will have to check out those books LML and karfar.

Thanks for letting me know, I do enjoy a good book or two!

Old 07-31-2008, 05:19 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,611,366 times
I love a good mystery, I'll check into them, always looking for a good read, especially during the winter (hate to mention the "s" word)! :-)

Old 07-31-2008, 07:56 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,238,631 times
Josh,
The photo you have posted on your "profile photo". Where was that taken? What a beautiful shot. I'm guessing it looks a little different 'bout the 2nd week of February, (all be it, a different kind of beauty). But for today, it makes me wish I was there. I hate the fricken desert! Can you tell?

Old 07-31-2008, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookieboy View Post
Josh,
The photo you have posted on your "profile photo". Where was that taken? What a beautiful shot. I'm guessing it looks a little different 'bout the 2nd week of February, (all be it, a different kind of beauty). But for today, it makes me wish I was there. I hate the fricken desert! Can you tell?

That photo was taken down just outside town. I only have to drive 3-5 minutes from home to get there. Sometimes I park there and take in the view and write one of my blogs. That view is etched in the back of my head.

Old 07-31-2008, 09:45 PM

Well everyone, I wont be back till Sunday. I don't know how I will function with out City-Data at my finger tips.lol I will bring back some pictures.

Everyone have a great weekend and stay cool. It's supposed to be like 90 on Saturday. Then again it's only going to 81 where I'm at.

Take Care!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin