Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2008, 11:06 PM

286 posts, read 1,150,459 times

Advertisements

Au revoir Josh. We'll manage somehow. Take good pictures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2008, 10:42 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
OH MY GOD!!!! I have all of the books in the series & my mom is getting the author to sign the new book for us! I LOVE Ray & Doc Osborne & Lew & all the others. Wow, I thought only my mom & I knew about those books, thanks for bringing them up!

I actually met the author at a book signing at "Booked for Murder", a book store in Madison. She is really a nice person and talked to us for quite awhile. Very cool. I've had a chance to meet so many of my favorite authors at the various mystery writer book signings and conventions in Madison. Makes reading their books even more enjoyable. By the way, there were quite a lot of people at Victoria's book signing so I guess we aren't the only ones who appreciate her books.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:04 AM

4,229 posts, read 17,604,841 times
Well guys I'm back and I took quite a few pictures. The unfortunate thing is I never did make it to Minocqua. We stayed primarily in the Rhinelander area. We spent lots of time on the boat so I didn't get to visit as many lakes as I had intended. I still have some cool shots I will share on the Wisconsin photo sticky.

Josh

Old 08-03-2008, 10:26 AM

2,542 posts, read 6,913,045 times
Welcome back! We just took a vacation, too. Fortunately/unfortunately, it was in NM. But at least it was cooler and was covered in pine forests, so I could pretend I was in northern WI!

Old 08-03-2008, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyme4878 View Post
Welcome back! We just took a vacation, too. Fortunately/unfortunately, it was in NM. But at least it was cooler and was covered in pine forests, so I could pretend I was in northern WI!

You just have to use your imagination right? lol Glad you were able to enjoy a vacation, in this day and age if you can fit in a vacation your talented.

So what did everyone else do this weekend?

Old 08-03-2008, 12:15 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,332,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
So what did everyone else do this weekend?
This is the first weekend I've actually had two days off in quite a while (mid-June to mid-August is my busiest season at work) so my time has been split between tackling the backlog of housework that hasn't been done for the past 6 weeks or so, and napping. The fridge is cleaned out, bathroom is clean, I'm getting caught up on the laundry, and I hope to get a bit of weeding done in the front garden beds if the rains hold off.

Old 08-03-2008, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
This is the first weekend I've actually had two days off in quite a while (mid-June to mid-August is my busiest season at work) so my time has been split between tackling the backlog of housework that hasn't been done for the past 6 weeks or so, and napping. The fridge is cleaned out, bathroom is clean, I'm getting caught up on the laundry, and I hope to get a bit of weeding done in the front garden beds if the rains hold off.

Glad to see you enjoyed the weekend, kinda.lol Now if you can just have a nice relaxing Sunday right?

Old 08-03-2008, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
You just have to use your imagination right? lol Glad you were able to enjoy a vacation, in this day and age if you can fit in a vacation your talented.
My husband works four days/off three days, so we are lucky that it is pretty easy--just take an extra day off and poof! you have a four-day vacation! The only bad part is that he is in the Forest Service, currently managing the campgrounds around here. So we have to travel a little to go camping, or else its just like another work day for him!

Old 08-03-2008, 05:26 PM

4,665 posts, read 3,859,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyme4878 View Post
Fortunately/unfortunately, it was in NM. But at least it was cooler and was covered in pine forests, so I could pretend I was in northern WI!
Where at in New Mexico? I lived in New Mexico last winter & I'm thinking of possibly heading back this winter.

Old 08-03-2008, 06:48 PM

We were camping in Cloudcroft, in the Sacramento Mountains. That is right above Alamogordo, or about 80 miles (I'm guessing) north of El Paso for those not aquainted with NM. It is at 8,500 feet, so it was heaven compared to southern Arizona! There is a job coming up there, so we were investigating as well as vacationing. Where did you spend last winter?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin