Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 06:15 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,610,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallon View Post
How about "Come Sniff our Dairy Air"

Your to funny gallon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2008, 06:36 PM

656 posts, read 1,309,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
so your plan is to change every state's plateeventually? or get the Europeans to give up those annoying rectangular plates in favor of our square ones?

did you actually read what i said? just checking dude
I'm not sure why you are being so rude badger!!!! all he said is that he has ideas and if someone wants to see those ideas all the better. why don't you just calm down. and if you're looking for a fight go somewhere else

Old 08-06-2008, 01:54 AM

2,382 posts, read 4,591,404 times
For what it's worth Josh, I think it's great that you're giving it a try. Lots of luck!

Old 08-06-2008, 03:06 PM

395 posts, read 1,861,163 times
How about different plates for different regions of the state? Milwaukee area plates could have a nice outline of the Milwaukee Art Museum and set against Lake Michigan. Madison plates could have the State Capitol. Those living in the north woods could have forests and wolves. Green Bay plates could have Packers or something like that.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:49 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,562,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonM View Post
I'm not sure why you are being so rude badger!!!! all he said is that he has ideas and if someone wants to see those ideas all the better. why don't you just calm down. and if you're looking for a fight go somewhere else
I'm not sure why you're being so judgemental but his OP wasn't about looking at his designs but rather contacting somebody at the DMV so that new plates can get issued. I stand by my statement about the bad economy and taxes in WI and where the money will come for the new plates. The auto registration just rose $20 this year from $55-$75 -- that's an increase of 36%

so just calm down and pick a fight elsewhere.

Old 08-07-2008, 11:01 AM

Ronnie, I thought about that...

The Milwaukee area I thought about putting the Milwaukee skyline or Miller park with Lake Michigan...

Then the SW region would have something related to the Mississippi river and Wisconsin river with the bluffs...

The NE region would have something related to Green Bay, Not sure about going all Packers though... Maybe something with Door county?

Then the central regions could have a cranberry design.... or something else ag related... Then the NW region could have hills with lakes and something related to logging....

The NE could have maybe something related to the St. Croix river?

The for most norther region could have something for the Apostle Islands....

Maybe every plate will have what county your from???

This will takes lots of work....

Badger, What I was try to do is create my own design, if it didn't pass... Then maybe the state would let me help organize a competition for high school kids to design plates and go from there.... They would mabe limit it to 3 designs per high school and then narrow it down even more....

Either or I would love to see some new plates on my car and others. As another poster said that could help boost tourism.. I'm pretty sure Tennessee's plates bring in some real tourist dollars... They have the mountains on the background and whhat a conincidence that the Smoky Mountains National park is the most visited in the nation..

Old 08-07-2008, 02:16 PM

395 posts, read 1,861,163 times
Either way our plates look dated. The design is from the 1980s and you can tell. Illinois did away with their old design a few years ago and have the slick new ones with the background of Abe Lincoln. Let's do away with our drab old design and spruce up our state's image a bit!

Old 08-07-2008, 03:49 PM

Ronnie,
I think that even if we don't have the option of regional plates we can do an awesome plate that can show off our whole state.

Old 08-07-2008, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
I'm not sure why you're being so judgemental but his OP wasn't about looking at his designs but rather contacting somebody at the DMV so that new plates can get issued. I stand by my statement about the bad economy and taxes in WI and where the money will come for the new plates. The auto registration just rose $20 this year from $55-$75 -- that's an increase of 36%

so just calm down and pick a fight elsewhere.
yeah yeah yeah keep talking!!!!!

Old 08-07-2008, 04:31 PM

p.s ... i pay $450.00 per year in ca for my registration. if you can believe that. so i know a thing or two about high taxes and getting nothing for your dollar. i wasn't being judgmental to you badger i just thought you came off kinda rude in your response to joshb. perhaps you weren't trying to be rude. so i'll make nice and apologize for hurting your feelings. lets make nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin