Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 10:19 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times

Advertisements

Here's the website with the Milwaukee departure/arrival schedule: http://www.golamers.com/user_documents/lamers%20daily%20route%20flyer%20012207%20erics.pd f (broken link)

So now it's a matter of getting you from the airport to the Greyhound station, which the city's transit bus service should be able to do. Someone with a better familiarity of Milwaukee's public transit system will have to provide that info. They only run the route once a day and it leaves Milwaukee at 2:30pm, so if you can, you'll probably want to schedule a flight that lands in Milwaukee as close to 11am as possible. Otherwise you may get stuck with a long layover between the plane landing and the bus leaving, or you could end up staying in Milwaukee overnight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2007, 10:59 PM

653 posts, read 3,407,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I know it's childish, but every time I see one of those things roll down the highway I can't help but think to myself, "there goes a bus full of lamers..."

I thought they did charter only, that's why I didn't think about them. Learn something new every day...
They do in fact do mostly charter and school bus work. Once greyhound abandoned the route in question, Lamers started running it and I believe is partially subsidized by the state. I think!!

Old 02-12-2007, 05:02 PM

19 posts, read 130,151 times
Quote:
Well, I called Greyhound and it looks like they discontinued their service to Stevens Point. That was three years ago. Maybe one day they'll get around to taking it off their website list of serviced cities. I've looked at other bus services too and I haven't found any that service Stevens Point. So your options are to rent a limosuine to drive you up there, or rent a car. Madison would probably be cheaper for limousine rental, Milwaukee for car rental.
I would like to say thank you !
I really appreciated your kindness.

Well, I wonder why didn’t they say it in the mail … well.

Limousine? Well, too much for a Brazilian guy … you know, this kind of things aren’t common in Brazil … LOL.

Please, let me know if you want any favor when you came to Brazil :-)

Sincerely,

André Isaia

Old 02-12-2007, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggB View Post
Call LAMERS Bus Lines at 1-800-261-6600. They have a daily bus from Milwaukee to Stevens Point. (with a few stops on the way) The bus runs 365 days a year. Lamers is providing this service as a result of Greyhound dropping their service. You get on the Lamers bus at the Greyhound bus depot in downtown Milwaukee. The airport in Milwaukee is about a 15 minute ride to the bus station. Cab Fare should be about 15 dollars. The Lamers number is toll free-call them and they will give you the bus departure time and the cost. They are a family owned and friendly bus company. Hope that this helps you out.
Thank you,

Yes, it help e a lot !
I was worried thinking: How can I go to Stevens Point if there is no Bus Service !!!!

Now I have the Lamers daily route flyer.pdf and I’ll try to see in their web site the tickets fare …

Sincerely,

André Isaia

Old 02-12-2007, 05:12 PM

Quote:
I know it's childish, but every time I see one of those things roll down the highway I can't help but think to myself, "there goes a bus full of lamers..."

I thought they did charter only, that's why I didn't think about them. Learn something new every day...

Hum ... so, I'll be a lamer, great. i arrive in US and will became a lamer :-)

LOL !

There's no problem ... :-)

Old 02-12-2007, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Here's the website with the Milwaukee departure/arrival schedule: http://www.golamers.com/user_documents/lamers%20daily%20route%20flyer%20012207%20erics.pd f (broken link)

So now it's a matter of getting you from the airport to the Greyhound station, which the city's transit bus service should be able to do. Someone with a better familiarity of Milwaukee's public transit system will have to provide that info. They only run the route once a day and it leaves Milwaukee at 2:30pm, so if you can, you'll probably want to schedule a flight that lands in Milwaukee as close to 11am as possible. Otherwise you may get stuck with a long layover between the plane landing and the bus leaving, or you could end up staying in Milwaukee overnight.
Well, I found this web site www.amtrak.com and there I got this reservation:

Departing: Milwaukee - Airport, WI (MKA) To Stevens Point - Bus Stop, WI (SVP)

333 Hiawatha Service
Milwaukee, WI -Airport (MKA)
11:34 am
27-JUL-07

Milwaukee, WI -(MKE)
11:49 am
27-JUL-07

7335 Bus
Milwaukee, WI -(MKE)
2:50 pm
27-JUL-07

Stevens Point, WI -Bus Stop (SVP)
6:40 pm
27-JUL-07

Returning: Stevens Point - Bus Stop, WI (SVP) To Milwaukee - Airport, WI (MKA)

7338 Bus
Stevens Point, WI -Bus Stop (SVP)
9:25 am
13-AUG-07

Milwaukee, WI -(MKE)
1:45 pm
13-AUG-07

338 Hiawatha Service
Milwaukee, WI -(MKE)
3:00 pm
13-AUG-07

Milwaukee, WI -Airport (MKA)
3:10 pm
13-AUG-07

When I click in the 7335 Bus or 7338 Bus I got this information:

7335 Thruway Bus
Milwaukee, WI (MKE) - Wausau, WI (WSU)
There is no checked baggage service for this train

I tried to find this Thruway Bus, but I had no success.

This, I think, is a good way going to Stevens Point. But I’ll not discard the Lamer possibility (I’ll write then to no the pricing information)
In the Amark I can buy the tickets on line and get my reservation on airport self-service machine. I prefer that because I’ll be with a lot o luggage and my violin. And I it’s no a boring situation if I need to stay one night in the airport. I really prefer that (I can save money to send in a free shop :-)

My flight will land in Milwaukee at 6:50am
I think I’ll have enough time to get the train and the bus. But, just for safety, I’ll mark my tickets for one day before I arrive… well. I need to think it better.

Thank you so much.

Sincerely,

André Isaia

Old 02-12-2007, 08:34 PM

1,587 posts, read 7,524,248 times
Enjoy Wisconsin while you are here.

Old 02-12-2007, 10:24 PM

Default Just to let you know ...

I'm 80% sure that the AMTRAK option offers the Lamer Bus Service.

I mailed then to ask.
But, I think that Lamer is the only Bus Service to Stevens Point... WOW!

Hug for you all

Old 02-12-2007, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamhunter65 View Post
Enjoy Wisconsin while you are here.
Of course I will !

But I'm planning to enjoy when I come back ...
But I think so boring enjoying alone ... maybe I'll try to meet some new friends there

Tks for the advise.

Old 02-17-2007, 07:39 PM

653 posts, read 3,407,664 times
And just to let you know...a shuttle van takes you from the Milwaukee Airport to the Amtrak stop. Its just a few minutes ride. The train than goes to the downtown Milwaukee Amtrak station which is just a few blocks from the bus station. The Amtrak Hiawatha train does not check baggage because it is a commuter train rather than a long distance train.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin