Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 10:18 PM

1 posts, read 1,923 times

Advertisements

I've lived in WI my whole life and am a Cubs fan and always will be. 5 years ago, this wasn't a problem. Now, every year it gets worse and worse as more and more Brewer fans pop up. Also being a Packer fan seems to make me an enemy with everyone on both sides. It's nice to know i'm not alone lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2010, 11:37 AM

8,289 posts, read 23,111,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mendicant1116 View Post
I've lived in WI my whole life and am a Cubs fan and always will be. 5 years ago, this wasn't a problem. Now, every year it gets worse and worse as more and more Brewer fans pop up. Also being a Packer fan seems to make me an enemy with everyone on both sides. It's nice to know i'm not alone lol.
Ah don't worry I am the same, kind of. I'm a brewer/white sox/ bears/ blackhawks/MU and Bucks fan.

Old 01-02-2011, 07:55 PM

174 posts, read 524,640 times
I live south of the border in Lake County, IL and I like this question. Brewer fans are rare here, and Sox fans are here, but still few. I would estimate the ratio is 30:5:1:1 being Cubs:Sox:Cards:Brewers. The Cubs fanbase is uncompareable up here, they have the strongest following of any sports team in Chicago's Northern Suburbs. Accross the border is more interesting. There are a lot of Brewer fans up there ever since they re-established themselves. There are, however, a share of Cub fans, and here is why: the Brewers don't register with fans like the Packers do, and the Cubs do. Also, the Cubs can be seen nationally on WGN America. This has helped establish a Cub nation in cities like Kenosha, as well as Twins fans up north. It's probably 5 Brewers:3 Cubs in Kenosha County.

Football is different. There are almost no Bear fans in WI, but you'll find a lot of "Packer Backers" down here. I would say 3 Bears:1 Packers in Lake County, but 10:1 Packers accross the border.

Also, the Chicago Blackhawks have developed into a sort of mutual team between the two states. WI doesn't have a hockey team and there are herds of Hawks fans up there. As well, of course, in Chicagoland.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:14 AM

3,326 posts, read 8,861,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Illinois 1 View Post
No offense, but Sox fans outside of Chicagoland and NW Indiana seem few and far between.
I've seen Sox paraphernalia all over the country and lots of it. I think 80% of it had nothing to do with baseball though. Kind of like NY Yankee crap.
Not sure what all that's about. If someone could explain, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:59 PM

1 posts, read 890 times
I live in NW Illinois (Freeport) and am a Brewer fan like my dad who grew up in Northern Wisconsin. You'd be surprised how many Brewer fans are here, although Cub fans by far outnumber us. Maybe Sox fans do too, but I'm not sure. There may be more Brewer fans appearing here because of how easier and cheaper it is to go to a Brewer game than a Cub game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin