Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2007, 12:05 PM

15 posts, read 58,620 times

Advertisements

My husband is now working in your area. We are looking at relocating in the Spring. Sussex is being recommended by some fellow workers. Does anyone have more information or an opinion on living there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2007, 06:42 AM

6 posts, read 32,210 times
I grew up there. It has become expensive . The town of lisbon is nice if you want to be in sussex area, otherwise I would look at the Town of Erin, Oconomoc, Slinger, Hartford, if you don't mind a short ride to work

Old 03-09-2007, 08:44 AM

23 posts, read 101,183 times
Default Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentuckian View Post
My husband is now working in your area. We are looking at relocating in the Spring. Sussex is being recommended by some fellow workers. Does anyone have more information or an opinion on living there?
Where is your husband working? And what type of property are you looking for? I have lived in this area most of my life and perhaps I could help you. How far is your husband willing to drive to work? What is important to you in a neighborhood?

Old 03-09-2007, 01:09 PM

15 posts, read 58,620 times
WItoNC,
My husband is working in Waukesha. Doesn't mind a 30 (+,-) minute drive. This may not get me very far. You could probably tell me what is a usual commute time. I am not familiar with the traffic there at rush hour, so 30 minutes may get me half a mile. We would like a newer home 2000-2500 SF with some privacy. Doesnt have to be huge, approx 1/2 acre that backs up to wooded area. (This is what we have now in KY.). We are originally from NC so we have grown up accustomed to more privacy. We are just not sure what we will be able to afford. We understand the taxes are higher so that of course is a concern. If getting the better schools, newer house and more privacy means higher taxes then we will just have to buy smaller, cheaper home in high tax area.

p.s. Our Brick home, 2500 SF, 4 bdrm, 2.5 bths, unfin basement, 4 years old on 1/2 acre lot is valued at 320K and our taxes are 3K yearly. Can you get anything close to that anywhere in or around Waukesha?

Could sure use any and all advice. Thanks for offering to help!

Old 03-09-2007, 03:50 PM

23 posts, read 101,183 times
Default Pm

I sent you a pm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin