Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 09:10 PM

65 posts, read 235,184 times

Advertisements

Have paged through most of the threads. Not much mentioned on Brookfield. Other than a comment that referred to the location as "snobville". Which does not interest us in the least. We are fortnate, but like to raise our children on the modest side! Or realistic if you may!

From what I can gather about Brookfield. Great schools,nice housing, etc. Is the area congested or very commercial?

Milwaukee area is on our "relo" possibility list. We need a nice, clean, suburban location to raise a pre-teen! Also noted mention of Cedarburg. Sounds nice. Whitefish Bay sounds great. But may be too pricey? Would like to stay between 500-600K. Anyone know what an average tax bill would be in that range. Hear the taxes are high.

TY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2007, 06:26 AM

23 posts, read 101,187 times
Default Relocation

Hi, Brookfield is very congested!!!! Great shopping and restaurants, but a lot of traffic. I love visiting Brookfield; but, I wouldn't want to live there. Cedarburg is absolutely wonderful. I can't say enough good things about it. I know there is currently a drug problem inthe schools, but I think that is true everywhere. As far as taxes, I would say in your price range you will be looking at at least $6,000.00 in taxes depending upon where you go. We're moving within the year to South Carolina. We have a Victorian Country Estate just 5 minutes from Cedarburg on 25 acres. A little over your price range. If you are interested, send me a private message and I will tell you more.

Old 03-10-2007, 07:04 AM

151 posts, read 705,404 times
Taxes on that price home would be in the $6G to $10G range or more depending on location. Good luck!

Old 03-10-2007, 08:46 AM

324 posts, read 1,528,233 times
Even when I lived in New Berlin...Brookfield was congested. I agreee with WItoNC...I also think Cedarburg is very nice...

Old 03-10-2007, 09:46 AM

Thank you for the info. Cedarburg sounds lovely. Will put it under consideration. Have been researching schools in the area. Mequon dist is highly rated. Any feedback on Mequon?

Did you ever check the National Sex Offerder Registry? I think you would be surprised at the numbers near the greater Brookfield area. Hundreds of offenders just east of Brookfield. As you move north up near Cedarburg.... numbers drop drastically. Call me a paranoid parent. Can't be too careful!

TY again

Old 03-11-2007, 08:31 AM

2 posts, read 8,233 times
I grew up in Brookfield, and while there is some snobbiness, by and large everyone is down to earth and friendly. The public schools are excellent. To avoid the congestion, find a neighborhood closer to Greenfield Ave than Bluemound Rd. It makes it much easier to get to Waukesha or Milwaukee without raising your blood pressure, and you can still get to all of the shopping on Bluemound when you need it in 5 min.

I live in Wauwatosa, which also has great schools, low snobbiness, and I love it--central to everything. The Ravenswood and Washington Heights neighborhoods, and Jackson Park Blvd (just south of North Ave) have some of the most gorgeous houses you'll find anywhere.

You will have no problem finding a great house for $500-$600k anywhere in the Milwaukee area.

Old 03-11-2007, 12:22 PM

1 posts, read 5,486 times
i always liked brookfield, little expensive, but very nice

i hate wauwatosa

i also like glendale and mequon if your looking for quiet

Old 03-11-2007, 06:43 PM

TY for all of the info Yes, we would like quiet with modern conveniences close by. Practically living in the city of Chicago and can't stand it!

Old 03-12-2007, 08:23 AM

396 posts, read 1,698,924 times
We originally thought we might move to Brookfield, but the houses were older and the yards small for the $. We ended up a bit farther out in Lake Country. You might want to check out Pewaukee, Hartland, Oconomowoc and Delafield to name a few of the towns that make up Lake Country.

MLS ID#: 881480
MLS ID#: 893084
MLS ID#: 889912

Here are some listings in my neighborhood. As you can see you get a lot more house and land for your money. Good luck!

Old 03-12-2007, 10:26 AM

TY Sunflower Pulled up that first listing in Delafield. Amazing home for the $$. Nice piece of land.

We will keep the areas you suggested on the list. How are the schools?

As I mentioned in another post......we also look at the concentration of registered sex offendors. You will be happy to know that the count is very LOW in your area. For conversation sake.....take a look at the greater Brookfiled area and expand down and to the right. Scary.
//www.familywatchdog.us/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin