Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 03:58 PM

2,659 posts, read 3,854,752 times

Advertisements

I have to ask even if I sound ignorant. What is DH?

Is there a listing of the most common acronyms used in these forums?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2009, 04:22 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,538,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjarider View Post
I have to ask even if I sound ignorant. What is DH?

Is there a listing of the most common acronyms used in these forums?
DH= Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife

Old 02-12-2009, 06:52 PM

335 posts, read 1,208,437 times
Default YA know what is funny???

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
And here I have "the glass is always half full" under my name and oh, yeah, Berries, I'm another one of those FIBs, you love to hate and I didn't just drive through I moved here!

Cheer up, dude, but wait that might be enjoyable, oh, my gosh, scarey, a happy moment!
If you met me, you would agree as most do, that I am the most cheerful person in perhaps my entire town!!!! Really..no B.S. I make my wife laugh like a hyena every day for 15 years. I embarrass my children daily with my childhood antics....and when people meet me they have fun!!!! So Susan, don'tbe too quick to judge off of an internet site what people are like. You would be making a mistake that is made too often. What people write is not what they are like....it's what they think.............and yes they are mutually exclusive..if not Stephen King would be a beast and venture he is not!

Cheers

Old 02-12-2009, 07:08 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,238,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berries View Post
If you met me, you would agree as most do, that I am the most cheerful person in perhaps my entire town!!!! Really..no B.S. I make my wife laugh like a hyena every day for 15 years. I embarrass my children daily with my childhood antics....and when people meet me they have fun!!!! So Susan, don'tbe too quick to judge off of an internet site what people are like. You would be making a mistake that is made too often. What people write is not what they are like....it's what they think.............and yes they are mutually exclusive..if not Stephen King would be a beast and venture he is not!

Cheers

Yes but, Stephen King is a fictional writer.

Just kidding berries. Couldn't resist. I'll take your word for it. I admit, you have made me laugh before, but most of the time I'm looking for a shower rod to hang from after reading your posts.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:10 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,592,730 times
Aw c'mon lay off berries! I didn't see anything so gloom and doomy about his original post..just concern wth?

It's pretty scary when you turn on the evening news and every night the topic is centered on more job losses.

Old 02-13-2009, 06:47 AM

14,321 posts, read 14,609,976 times
OK, Berries, I'll give you a break! You have to give me one and not lump me with all the rest of the people from Illinois together, we can't all be bad! I can't change where I was born!

I don't totally judge people by what they write on the internet and USUALLY I can tell when someone is writing "tongue-in-cheek", some of your posts do amuse me!

Gold*dust, the news is scarey! I'm very aware, bought a house in 2007 at 60 yrs. old, my retirement pension is getting smaller, insurance went up, house would sell for 75% of what I paid for it, etc. but I am perpetually positive, we will get through this.

Old 02-13-2009, 09:15 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,592,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Gold*dust, the news is scarey! I'm very aware, bought a house in 2007 at 60 yrs. old, my retirement pension is getting smaller, insurance went up, house would sell for 75% of what I paid for it, etc. but I am perpetually positive, we will get through this.
I hear you on the housing issue. We best plan to stay in our new house for at least 10 years. The thing is we had to lose a little selling...but gained a little buying, so I guess it evens out.

Scary, scary times and even if you are personally doing well, you feel bad for other people hurting.

Old 02-13-2009, 01:54 PM

178 posts, read 360,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjarider View Post
This is why they voted for the Obamatron. He spouts how bad it is morning, noon and night. Even to the point of silliness i.e.: "If you don't pass my bill - there will be catastrophe."

I find it quite funny how Bush was criticized early on in his tenure for "talking down the economy." Media claimed if the president keeps talking about how bad things are, people may start believing it. That is no way for a President to talk!!
but couldn't you say the same thing about republicans? "If you don't vote for us the terrorists are gonna win, they'll come and keel you in your sleep".

Old 02-13-2009, 03:53 PM

620 posts, read 1,837,839 times
ccj: I was always wondering about that too but guessing it was "Darling" Husband. Guess I was close - ha!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin