Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2009, 01:24 AM

105 posts, read 262,433 times

Advertisements

Well I have lived in La Crosse for over 6 months now and It just gets better! Now that Spring is here you can hear Grandad Bluff coming alive. The birds are singing and the buds are starting to pop out. If you have never witnessed a winter in the bluffs it is truly a sight to see. I have been looking for a house and there are so many choices out there I can't make up my mind. I have found the town West Salem. It is awesome! The towns main strip is filled with shops and the Victorian homes there are wonderful. I would like to find a house on Grandad. It's the people of this region that make this the place to be for my family. We have made so many friends and have enjoyed La Crosse so much. So many of you gave such great advice when we first moved here. What to see and do. We did it all. I have not forgot that I promised to take Spring pics of La Crosses and did not for get Susan that I would take more pics of the University. Wait till you see the stadium! I will also attend both art shows at he Historic Trempealeau Hotel. If you go to my myspace page they are in my top friends along with some of the musician that play there. I will soon update the pic page on my site and also here on city data, La Crosse is about her people! its the people that make a difference. One more thing joshb,,I did find a guilty pleaser its called Leinenkugels...and I love it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 06:14 AM

620 posts, read 1,838,821 times
Hi CouleeGuy: It warms my heart to hear all is well with you and La Crosse - lucky you - We will all await those gorgeous photos. I just received my alumni directory and so fun to see where everybody is now and the comments on their great days at UW-L. I must make it a point to come and see that stadium. I have been to the Tremp but have never been there for the music - what a great backdrop with the river - there's such a peacefulness about it all!! So glad you've made it your home and keep on posting - will look forward to it!!!!!!!

Old 03-30-2009, 06:06 PM

14,322 posts, read 14,620,586 times
Great post, CouleeGuy, I'm glad things are going so well, a big woohoo for you!!!

Old 03-30-2009, 06:16 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,612,023 times
I just logged in today and seen a new thread by CouleeGuy started here. I opened it and wow what positivity. I'm glad you like it here in Wisconsin, La Crosse in general. Ha Leinenkugels seems to be a family fave for my fam as well.lol I'll have to try it once I turn 21. I look forward to the Spring pictures and hope your music is going well!

Best of Luck, Josh

Old 03-31-2009, 07:48 PM

387 posts, read 1,332,024 times
What a great post. You are having an experience just like we are having. Loving Wisconsin. Can't wait for the pictures.
Spring is also coming here. I love winter so I have mixed feeling about the snow being gone all ready.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:14 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
My home is one block from the bluffs, and the view is beautiful all year long.

My nephew, who was from Chicago, came out to visit me in La Crosse one day, and a few months later he moved out here with his family. then his two sisters came out here to live also. Last month his third and last sister came out here. They are all in their 20s and and they love it here. Their mother and mother live in South Carolina, and hate winter, but their kids refuse to budge.

There are many new homes going up all around, and that means other ones are going up for sale as people move around. The housing market here never saw the problems in most every other part of the country.

Old 04-02-2009, 10:55 AM

620 posts, read 1,838,821 times
There's a reason it's called "God's Country". Love it!!

Old 04-02-2009, 04:03 PM

221 posts, read 1,195,426 times
La Crosse is so gorgeous!!! Congrats on being able to live there and loving it!

Old 04-06-2009, 07:40 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Wait until you can boat on the Mississippi and take hikes on the many beautiful trails. Be sure to check out the walking trail on the south side of Lake Onalaska found on the west side of the airport. Also, fall here is absolutely breathtaking!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin