Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 02:31 PM

570 posts, read 1,753,378 times

Advertisements

True. Just the two places I've lived most. I grew up in Wisconsin in the country and enjoyed all seasons. I like the outdoor life and country living. Wherever I live I don't want it to be in the city. If I had to live in a city then I wouldn't want it to be in Wisconsin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 07:45 PM

1,310 posts, read 4,138,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyEP View Post
Why in the WI forums does the debate always just boil down to a "Phoenix v. WI climate" discussion? It is like if you don't like WI's bitterly cold, ultra-long winters / very-cool-or-cold springs, your only other option is the baking hot Phoenix climate.
lol. I know right? It seems like they say this because there are a TON of upper midwest transplants in feeniks.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:09 PM

All I can say is that I love the life I had there in the country year around and can't wait to move back. There are plenty of options for people that don't like living in "miserable Wisconsin". They should leave, less urban sprawl and lower population are both positive. The people that I notice most not liking the cold are the ones that won't wear long underwear, heavy jackets, and hats because they don't look good, aren't stylish, or it makes them look fat. They try to make it through winter in a pair of tight jeans and a light jacket. Although I like Wisconsin Summers most. I like the frost, crisp air, changing leaves, and first snow in the Fall. I like plowing snow, snowmobiling, ATVing in snow, driving in snow, messing around on ice, etc in the Winter. I like the mud and floods in the Spring. It's all fun to me and I look forward to each season. Maybe it's because I lived in the country with many acres of land. Totaly different than living in the city with a yard measured in feet.
Attached Thumbnails
Wisconsin, Why Live Here ?-lookingtogravelpit.jpg  

Last edited by notmuch69; 05-14-2009 at 02:06 PM..

Old 05-14-2009, 01:15 PM

288 posts, read 851,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmuch69 View Post
The people that I notice most not liking the cold are the ones that won't wear long underwear, heavy jackets, and hats because they don't look good, aren't stylish, or makes it them look fat.
SO true!!

Old 05-14-2009, 01:38 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,111,797 times
Quote:
Maybe it's because I lived in the country with many acres of land. Totally different than living in the city with a yard measured in feet.
LOL, people always ask me how big my "yard" is and I tell them 7x40 and the next question is 7x40...what? Duh feet!!!!

Let's me ask you this, if I was more of a hunter or woodsy type of person who did of hiking, camping, fishing things like that, would I like the change of seasons more ? but since I live downtown Milwaukee and have for the last 4yrs and I don't use the winter for anything it's nothing but a pain in the **** to me.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:04 PM

That's how our back yard is here in Phoenix, about 35' x 50'. Good sized for a city yard but not good for much else.

As an outdoors person you would probably like the season changes more. I doubt I would like winter in the city. It would just be an anoyance. Even in the country in Wisconsin I could live without the January and February weather, it gets pretty extreme at times.
Attached Thumbnails
Wisconsin, Why Live Here ?-wisconsin-dec-2004-013.jpg   Wisconsin, Why Live Here ?-wi-mar-2003.jpg  

Old 05-14-2009, 06:41 PM

4,465 posts, read 8,000,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
LOL, people always ask me how big my "yard" is and I tell them 7x40 and the next question is 7x40...what? Duh feet!!!!

Let's me ask you this, if I was more of a hunter or woodsy type of person who did of hiking, camping, fishing things like that, would I like the change of seasons more ? but since I live downtown Milwaukee and have for the last 4yrs and I don't use the winter for anything it's nothing but a pain in the **** to me.
Only you can answer that question.

Old 08-10-2009, 07:07 AM

6 posts, read 37,927 times
I moved to Wisconsin 12 years ago from Sarasota Florida. I miss Florida so much and have had a hard time dealing with the winters. Due to economic hardship, my chance to move back has arisen, and I am taking it!! I think Wisconsin's summer is gorgeous and the people are spectacular, but for a Floridian, the winter is 8 months, anything under 65 and I am cold! My husband disagrees, but wants me happy. Florida here I come next year Sept 2010!!! There is many things in Wisconsin that I will miss, the trails for hiking, snow on Christmas, and my beatiful 2 acre property that I have to give up:{, so move it is??

Old 08-11-2009, 05:54 PM

14,323 posts, read 14,620,586 times
Best of luck to you! If you really enjoy your property maybe you should get away for 3 or 4 mos., Jan. - Apr., leave after Christmas, come back May 1st!

Old 08-18-2009, 05:43 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,111,797 times
Yeah my 2,000th post! now like robin yount did I can count down til 3,000
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin