Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 04:09 PM

570 posts, read 1,753,113 times

Advertisements

I hear a lot of negative stuff about Wisconsin but it seems to all be from people living in the cities.
I don't hear much from anyone living in the country or small towns. I wonder if they feel the same.
People don't make a lot money where I'm from but they all seem to be happy and content with the simple life and outdoors. They're not concerned about their status, styles, and keeping up with the Jones'. They're just simple, happy friendly people.
Anyone out there?
Attached Thumbnails
Small town/country life in Wisconsin-memorial-day-cookout-2006-27-.jpg   Small town/country life in Wisconsin-05_rhino_grn_3_3172.jpg   Small town/country life in Wisconsin-img_7088.jpg   Small town/country life in Wisconsin-img_7710.jpg   Small town/country life in Wisconsin-img_4465.jpg  

Last edited by notmuch69; 06-02-2009 at 04:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 08:41 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,609,576 times
NM69,
I'm from a township in Columbia County and I know exactly what your talking about. Their's alot of folks in town who do keep up with the Jones' and their is alot who just don't give a dang. Living simple isn't as easy as it used to be. Technology is everywhere these days, You can't avoid it.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:07 AM

1,587 posts, read 7,525,776 times
Rather live in the small town or boondocks and not have the noise and crime of big cities. I like seeing deer in my yard, drive down road see bear and such.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:53 AM

People always wave as you pass each other on the road where I'm from. It's also nice to walk into a little store that's not crowded and people are friendly.

Old 09-15-2009, 02:23 PM

Default Owen, Withee, Longwood, Greenwood area farm in Clark County Wisconsin

I know I'm about the only one on this forum that speaks for rural Wisconsin. I guess I need to find a Rural-Data.com web site)

Anyway, I sure enjoyed our month long annual trip back home to the country in Wisconsin, and can't wait to live there again permanently after my Air Force life. To me there's no better place to raise a family and enjoy a simple, physically active, stress free, 4 season life right outside the back door. What a great place for children to grow up and be able to get out of the house and be safe.
Attached Thumbnails
Small town/country life in Wisconsin-limg_0351.jpg   Small town/country life in Wisconsin-limg_0575.jpg   Small town/country life in Wisconsin-limg_0587.jpg   Small town/country life in Wisconsin-limg_0858.jpg   Small town/country life in Wisconsin-limg_0883.jpg  

Small town/country life in Wisconsin-rimg_0827.jpg   Small town/country life in Wisconsin-rimg_0868.jpg   Small town/country life in Wisconsin-100_6084.jpg  

Old 09-15-2009, 04:06 PM

2,661 posts, read 3,857,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmuch69 View Post
I hear a lot of negative stuff about Wisconsin but it seems to all be from people living in the cities.
I don't hear much from anyone living in the country or small towns. I wonder if they feel the same.
?
maybe they don't have electricity or internet?

Old 09-15-2009, 04:24 PM

59 posts, read 149,817 times
Ed Gein was from rural Wisconsin

Old 09-15-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmuch69
?
Quote:
maybe they don't have electricity or internet?
Maybe.

Or maybe because they are outside doing the vast number of things available to occupy their time and not bored sitting in the house on the computer.

When I'm in the country in Wisconsin I spend almost zero time in the house on the computer because there are so many enjoyable things to do outside. When I'm in Phoenix, there is nothing to do outside around our house with a yard measured in feet and it's usually to hot to even be outside. About all there is to do during the week is watch TV, surf the web, or go to a store, and wait for the weekend so we can actually drive somewhere fun.

I know a lot of city natives feel the same way when they travel to the country. They think it's boring. I've spent equal time in the city and country and definately prefer the country. All I ever really liked the city for was partying and women when I was single. Never really cared for malls, traffic, and crime.

Old 09-15-2009, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Ed Gein was from rural Wisconsin
I heard he wasn't very nice?)

Old 09-15-2009, 05:14 PM

1,587 posts, read 7,525,776 times
Ed Gein was in Bangor area.. My ex wife's mom actually knew him. Country life is what it is and yes a bit more laid back as not have the traffic and such as big cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin