Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 02:52 PM

98 posts, read 341,736 times

Advertisements

I like reading and walking.
Where we are now, it is long rural road with fields.
Oh how is the job market.
It looks good from the job site that I check out : careerbuilder.
Johnnybandfreak
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2006, 05:57 PM

702 posts, read 3,152,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnnybandfreak View Post
My husband, 3 cats and I are relocating to the US in jan 2007.
I lived in South Milwaukee for 46 years and they have an ordinance that prohibits having more than two of one kind of pet. For an example, we were allowed two dogs and one cat or two cats and one dog. I am not kidding, this is the law there.

Last edited by Yac; 09-09-2006 at 12:39 PM.. Reason: quote fixed

Old 09-12-2006, 08:44 AM

6 posts, read 27,225 times
Hello! I have lived in WI for most of my life and I think that the areas that you are looking for in a city would be around the Madison area. The burbs of the city are quite nice as well as the city itself. Milwaukee is more of a city city. Madison offers alot of diversity from food, activities, to people. If you are looking for something more rural, surrounding cities not far from Madison are also wonderful choices. Although taxes are quite high in this state, they generally are put to good use. Madison is actually quite progressive in its thinking and would be a good choice for someone who is liberal.

Old 09-16-2006, 11:37 AM

98 posts, read 341,736 times
Default To all

Thank you all for the infos....
johnnybandfreak

Old 09-16-2006, 05:31 PM

22 posts, read 37,842 times
Default Pet Limit Laws

Quote:
Originally Posted by azloafer View Post
I lived in South Milwaukee for 46 years and they have an ordinance that prohibits having more than two of one kind of pet. For an example, we were allowed two dogs and one cat or two cats and one dog. I am not kidding, this is the law there.
A number of towns and cities throughout the U.S. have similar laws, though they vary in # of dogs/cats/other pets. That's a good point for anyone who's moving anywhere in the U.S. to look into in advance.

The way around it, of course, if one loves a community but the community has laws allowing fewer pets than one has, is to move outside the community limits. Counties rarely if ever have such laws to my knowledge, so just move to an unincorporated area near the city/town you like. I have multiple pets with no problems, but I live outside of any village or city limits.

Old 09-16-2006, 08:36 PM

1,587 posts, read 7,526,217 times
I live in town got kennel Tags and can have up to 1 dogs with it as long as neighbors not complain..

Old 02-03-2007, 11:01 PM

11 posts, read 48,741 times
Tornadoes are more common in South-Southwest Wisconsin, but obviously they can occur anywhere. They are nothing to be affraid of, as long as you have shelter. I've lived here almost my hole life (about 20 years now) and I have never seen a tornado.

Anyway, I live up in Appleton, which I think is a great place to grow up. Baraboo is very, very pretty though.

Old 02-04-2007, 01:50 PM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,789 posts, read 4,154,051 times
Default The original post is several months old

And original poster probably long gone. Why are people still replying to this???

Old 02-05-2007, 05:26 PM

134 posts, read 549,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnnybandfreak View Post
I was told that Neenah was quite nice.
The pictures of the town are something else, mostly the lake.
johnnybandfreak
I grew up in Neenah. I loved it. The water front is great (though the water can get a bit green late in the summer). There are great parks, and old fashion downtown, great schools. Being close to Appleton is nice as there are a lot of nice things to do there as well.

Fourth of July in Neenah has always stuck in my mind. Fireworks over he river, with the banks lined with people.... how nice. Also Christmas with the luminaires through some nieghborhoods is another good memory.

Take a day trip over the High Cliff state park. Pick apples in Kaukauna in the fall.... you get the idea.

Old 02-05-2007, 05:27 PM

134 posts, read 549,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkool View Post
And original poster probably long gone. Why are people still replying to this???
Because other people may want to read it? Just a thought. Why did you reply to it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin