Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2009, 07:13 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,584,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse276 View Post
Interesting, when I read the paper she lived in Waukesha county and took advantage of a state program. Either way, you seem so bitter and insecure that you need to strike out, in this case, at Milwaukee.

It seems typical of small minds reacting to something, someone, or somewhere they don't understand.
Wait a minute buddy...I totally understand what my point was. It was someone else that was striking out and you join in and make more personal attacks. Seriously check yourself you're not making sense! Did you pull the bitter and insecure comment out of your a$$ with your 30 posts??

Let me spell this out for you.
Badger compiled a list with links to back up their opinion of why Milw diversity is not a great thing.
I merely playfully interjected some crime trivia to the mix K? Get off your high horse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 09:30 PM

2,943 posts, read 5,058,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Wait a minute buddy...I totally understand what my point was. It was someone else that was striking out and you join in and make more personal attacks. Seriously check yourself you're not making sense! Did you pull the bitter and insecure comment out of your a$$ with your 30 posts??

Badger compiled a list with links to back up their opinion of why Milw diversity is not a great thing.
I merely playfully interjected some crime trivia to the mix K? Get off your high horse.
Everyone knows high horses are only reserved for those living in Madison, duh.

Last edited by EastSideMKE; 09-16-2009 at 09:46 PM..

Old 09-16-2009, 09:31 PM

8,281 posts, read 23,046,703 times
I will compare all the cities I have lived in:

Gonzales, Louisiana: I thought all of LA was much dingier and filthy and very cookie cutter every where and all the homes were spread apart and it seemed like they never heard of urban planning b/c everything was just all over the place.

LA over WI in some parts but overall Wisconsin seems better, although I love NO and the weather down there.

Houston, TX: first thought was...WOW this is what a business friendly city looks like and this is what it looks like when city leaders actually lead instead of fight.

Final pick: Houston in a minute!

Miami,FL: sorry but to me a beach bum and somebody who loves the whole Latin flavor and humidity and hot weather Milwaukee and WI can't compete.

San Diego,CA: sorry nowhere in WI can compete, really what else can I say we are comparing a SAAB to a pinto.

Kings Park, NY: I'm a city guy so naturally I would rather live on LI than Milwaukee or WI.

Old 09-17-2009, 08:40 AM

3,260 posts, read 6,739,295 times
Wow, Louisiana, Houston and Miami.......IMHO 3 of the most flagrant arm pits in the entire U.S. Hard to believe anyone would think so highly of those spots. They aren't even on the map compared to Wisconsin as far as I"m concerned. Glad someone wants to live there. Allows for more space for folks to enjoy Wisconsin ;-)

Old 09-17-2009, 11:18 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,330,687 times
http://www.alisonmoyet.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/dedhorse.gif (broken link)Comparing Houston, the 4th largest city in the US...and in the south....to any part of WI is apples/oranges, same with Miami. I don't think anyone would expect many similarities.

You can't pigeon hole a state into good/bad, it's impossible. I've lived in WI/MI/CA/TN/Europe and I business travel all over the United States. Week to week I could be in Amory, MS (teeny tiny southern town) or Philly or smack dab in the middle of Miami. There's good things/bad things about every place and it totally depends on one's lifestyle and priorities.

I live in a suburb of Nashville now, it's beautiful and convenient and friendly. I lived for one year in Memphis...a hellish mess of a city and it's only 3 hours down the road. If you judged TN on Memphis, you'd be making a big mistake.

Old 09-18-2009, 08:53 AM

711 posts, read 1,685,426 times
Quote:

Oh no, you have called me out on my low post count! Whatever will I do?!?

Anyway, badger knew what they were doing and you were playing along, ha-ha. Maybe if Madison knew how to run a few state programs like the day care assistance, any software/computer related state project, or the voucher school industry they setup in Milwaukee, we wouldn't have these issues giving the entire state a black eye.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Oh no, you have called me out on my low post count! Whatever will I do?!?

Anyway, badger knew what they were doing and you were playing along, ha-ha. Maybe if Madison knew how to run a few state programs like the day care assistance, any software/computer related state project, or the voucher school industry they setup in Milwaukee, we wouldn't have these issues giving the entire state a black eye.
Hello, I don't know what you're talking about>>>the case in Waukesha Co. was a clear case of fraud and a criminal act, and had nothing to do with Madison.

Badger knew what they were doing Whatever>>Badgers comments regarding diversity in Milw and why it isn't great (brought up because a Milwaukeean said Omaha was 80% white) were more interesting than a lot of rambling in this thread.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
Wow, Louisiana, Houston and Miami.......IMHO 3 of the most flagrant arm pits in the entire U.S. Hard to believe anyone would think so highly of those spots. They aren't even on the map compared to Wisconsin as far as I"m concerned. Glad someone wants to live there. Allows for more space for folks to enjoy Wisconsin ;-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunky View Post
Comparing Houston, the 4th largest city in the US...and in the south....to any part of WI is apples/oranges, same with Miami. I don't think anyone would expect many similarities.

You can't pigeon hole a state into good/bad, it's impossible. I've lived in WI/MI/CA/TN/Europe and I business travel all over the United States. Week to week I could be in Amory, MS (teeny tiny southern town) or Philly or smack dab in the middle of Miami. There's good things/bad things about every place and it totally depends on one's lifestyle and priorities.

I live in a suburb of Nashville now, it's beautiful and convenient and friendly. I lived for one year in Memphis...a hellish mess of a city and it's only 3 hours down the road. If you judged TN on Memphis, you'd be making a big mistake.
Hmm I don't know why both of you are picking on Milwaukee City's post as he is completely on topic for the thread title??!! Should the T word apply??

Old 09-18-2009, 11:24 AM

711 posts, read 1,685,426 times
Quote:
Hello, I don't know what you're talking about>>>the case in Waukesha Co. was a clear case of fraud and a criminal act, and had nothing to do with Madison.
It was a state program they were bilking, created by the bubble of Madison and its politics.

Old 09-18-2009, 11:41 AM

Quote:
It was a state program they were bilking, created by the bubble of Madison and its politics.
Yes, let's blame Madison the capital city instead of a person who clearly knew they were abusing the system and bought a $700,000.00 house with the proceeds, complete with an indoor swimming pool
and basketball court
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin