Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2009, 12:04 PM

570 posts, read 1,752,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Actually, for a city of its size and stature, this is a rather high percentage of white population, by Midwest or any other standards. So given this frame of reference, I wouldn't consider Omaha to be particularly diverse. But it seems like a lot of people place a great deal of moral weight on diversity, and I don't think that's really fair. Omaha's relative lack of diversity isn't necessarily Omaha's fault. It's not like they can go out and wrangle a bunch of minorities and force them to move to Omaha.
Not sure what's actually wrong with having a high percentage of white people. It sure doesn't bother me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2009, 06:36 PM

72,981 posts, read 62,569,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmuch69 View Post
Not sure what's actually wrong with having a high percentage of white people. It sure doesn't bother me.
I don't see what is wrong with a high percentage of black people either.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:16 AM

Quote:
I don't see what is wrong with a high percentage of black people either.
Nothing wrong with that either. I'm just not sure why some people think US cities should act or be like other countries.
I've been to Japan, Korea, Mexico, and the Middle East and they have a much higher percentage of native population and much less cultural diversity than the US.

Old 09-23-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Nothing wrong with that either. I'm just not sure why some people think US cities should act or be like other countries.
I've been to Japan, Korea, Mexico, and the Middle East and they have a much higher percentage of native population and much less cultural diversity than the US.
I don't see much wrong with diversity either. Years of living have kind of shaped me in different ways. Living in a diverse area and getting relative acceptance vs. living in a relatively homogenous area and not being totally accepted. I think of things in ways in what would help me.

Old 09-23-2009, 12:00 PM

Quote:
I don't see much wrong with diversity either. Years of living have kind of shaped me in different ways. Living in a diverse area and getting relative acceptance vs. living in a relatively homogenous area and not being totally accepted. I think of things in ways in what would help me.
From what I've seen, Wisconsin isn't very diverse outside of the cities and some people can be pretty "red neckish" and rude.

Old 09-23-2009, 01:49 PM

Quote:
From what I've seen, Wisconsin isn't very diverse outside of the cities and some people can be pretty "red neckish" and rude.
Sounds like Georgia outside of the cities. Not much different. Interestingly enough, one of the nicest,least judgmental people I met was from Appleton,WI.

Old 09-23-2009, 04:42 PM

2,661 posts, read 3,856,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
Sounds like Georgia outside of the cities. Not much different. Interestingly enough, one of the nicest,least judgmental people I met was from Appleton,WI.
yea - but I think that guy moved away

Old 09-23-2009, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjarider View Post
yea - but I think that guy moved away
She did move away from Appleton, to Atlanta,GA.

Old 09-25-2009, 07:13 AM

2,133 posts, read 5,875,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post

Aww, when did you meet my husband?? I agree, he is a sweetie. LOL

Anyway, an update. Our house is finally FOR SALE!!! WOOHOO!!!!

Old 09-25-2009, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoNE View Post
Aww, when did you meet my husband?? I agree, he is a sweetie. LOL

Anyway, an update. Our house is finally FOR SALE!!! WOOHOO!!!!
It wasn't a he, but a she. She was from Appleton.

What day do you plan to move?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin