Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2012, 06:49 PM

730 posts, read 1,913,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freetohope View Post
I have been doing research on where my husband and I should move to, since we decided to leave WI (we live near Green Bay). I thought, I wonder where other people from WI moved to and if they found the perfect place for them?!

We would like to move some place that has all 4 seasons but milder and shorter winters and longer springtimes; lower taxes, low crime, lots of shopping, things to do etc...you know, all the basics and just an all round nice place to live!

Thank you!
East Tennessee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2012, 11:24 PM

69 posts, read 155,113 times
Moved to Phoenix, AZ 5 years ago. Never in a million years would I move back unless there was some kind of long term family emergency.

Reasons I like where I live now more:
1. Much better scenery
2. Much better weather
3. Job opportunities
4. Proximity to Vegas, LA, SD
5. Much more entertainment and nature opportunities
6. Cheaper housing

Old 04-15-2012, 05:22 PM

72,875 posts, read 62,373,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techaz View Post
Moved to Phoenix, AZ 5 years ago. Never in a million years would I move back unless there was some kind of long term family emergency.

1. Much better scenery
2. Much better weather
3. Job opportunities
6. Cheaper housing
Drawback: Way too hot in the summer.

Old 04-16-2012, 11:40 AM

69 posts, read 155,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Drawback: Way too hot in the summer.
Not really a drawback, for me. Sitting in the pool with the grill going is a lot better than running to the car to warm it up and scraping it, hoping there is no black ice on my way to work.

Old 04-16-2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Not really a drawback, for me. Sitting in the pool with the grill going is a lot better than running to the car to warm it up and scraping it, hoping there is no black ice on my way to work.
I guess we're look at it from different perspectives. I don't have a car, so I rely mainly on my bicycle, the bus, or my own two feet for traveling. For me, 100 degrees Fahrenheit is too hot for me. 75 degree F is pushing it in some instances for me.

Old 04-16-2012, 01:27 PM

61 posts, read 137,499 times
Quote:

1. Much better scenery
2. Much better weather
3. Job opportunities
6. Cheaper housing

To each their own. Though I have to ask where you lived in Wisconsin that makes housing cheaper in Phoenix. I live in Arizona currently and for the money I have to shell out for my POS 1978 fixer-upper, I'd have a turn-key modest home in Wisconsin that requires minimal work in a not-too-big town.

Everyone likes different things. To me Arizona just looks too dead and desolate to consider it "better scenery". Sunrises and sunsets can be very pretty. But give me green rolling hills and tree-lined horizons any day. I'm not a fan of Arizona's weather, but my distaste for that is more physical than anything. I'm fair-skinned, fair-haired with a higher risk for getting skin cancer someday AND I have heat sensitivity, so living in a desert where the sun beats on me relentlessly 10 months out of the year is a living nightmare. But I like cold weather. I can deal with that.

Old 04-18-2012, 05:59 AM

19 posts, read 28,679 times
I Alway's Thoughti was gonna leave wisconsin but i can't bring my self to leave here are the things i lov
1. the people
2. the cheese, milk ect
3. The wisconsin Bagers
4. Cheese curds
5. 4 seasons
6. The Dell's
7. The first snow fall of the ear
8. The people
Ok These arethe things i don't like about wisconsin
1. When you walk into your car in winter and it's Freezing
2. Shovling
that's it i really have no complaints and and can't change the weather to i'm happy here for now

Old 04-18-2012, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emms11 View Post
I Alway's Thoughti was gonna leave wisconsin but i can't bring my self to leave here are the things i lov
1. the people
2. the cheese, milk ect
3. The wisconsin Bagers
4. Cheese curds
5. 4 seasons
6. The Dell's
7. The first snow fall of the ear
8. The people
Ok These arethe things i don't like about wisconsin
1. When you walk into your car in winter and it's Freezing
2. Shovling
that's it i really have no complaints and and can't change the weather to i'm happy here for now
Describe, in your own way, what you like about the people. You put it down twice.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:56 PM

19 posts, read 28,679 times
oh Sorry i did'nt notice that lol i like how friendly the people are and Matters where your at in Wisconsin but how people expessily When you first move there are so Willing to help you out so mostly the niceness

Old 04-18-2012, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emms11 View Post
oh Sorry i did'nt notice that lol i like how friendly the people are and Matters where your at in Wisconsin but how people expessily When you first move there are so Willing to help you out so mostly the niceness
I asked because my father is from Wisconsin, Milwaukee specifically. I've been to Milwaukee(to visit my relatives). I haven't been to Madison, Appleton, Green Bay or upstate Wisconsin(near Lake Superior).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin