Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2009, 02:11 AM

261 posts, read 943,771 times

Advertisements

I had a thread that was only allowed to stay open for 2 days asking if Wisconsin, the state I live in, should allow Gay Marriage. It seems the over zealous religious folks get involved and then the moderators shut it down. Why would I put this question in Politics or Great debates when I am specifically interested in what the residents in the state I live in have to say? I feel the words of my fellow citizens have been restricted for unjust reasons. Can someone please take the time to explain this? Thank you.

Old 06-15-2009, 02:19 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,379,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QwertyFarmer View Post
I had a thread that was only allowed to stay open for 2 days asking if Wisconsin, the state I live in, should allow Gay Marriage. It seems the over zealous religious folks get involved and then the moderators shut it down. Why would I put this question in Politics or Great debates when I am specifically interested in what the residents in the state I live in have to say? I feel the words of my fellow citizens have been restricted for unjust reasons. Can someone please take the time to explain this? Thank you.
if you have a complaint you may send a DM to admin
to markablue or write a DM to moderator directly.
i have found asking how i can post better to be a better approach than expressing my moral outrage at a perceived violation of my personal rights.

Old 06-15-2009, 02:47 AM

14 posts, read 14,273 times
I received a warning from one of the moderators for trolling.I was not patrolling in search of someone or something.Simply expressing myself without disrupting or upsetting anyone.I hope messaging admin or himself will be a worthy recourse.

Old 06-15-2009, 03:03 AM

261 posts, read 943,771 times
Default Just trying to understand the motives

I sent the moderator who closed my thread a message with the same questions. I hope to understand better what the motivation for closing one thread vs. another is. Seems a bit loose in judgment calls from one thread to another.

Old 06-15-2009, 05:08 AM

14 posts, read 14,273 times
I am waiting for a sound explanation from his part,otherwise will file a complaint where is due.

Old 06-15-2009, 07:23 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,093,737 times
Anytime you have questions about moderator action, your first course of action should ask the moderator who took that action in a Direct Message. As it says in the TOS:

Quote:
Discussing moderator actions (deleting/moving/editing threads or posts) is not allowed in the public forums. General concerns should be addressed in About the Forum. Any particular issues will only be dealt with in Direct Messages sent to a local moderator. All complaints should be sent via DM to the senior moderators, Yac or markablue.
Now, this thread is closed because it is off-topic in the Wisconsin forum. Please seek relief using the methods above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin