Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2010, 02:33 PM

30 posts, read 52,843 times

Advertisements

I'll be in the Green Bay area over Labor Day and was curious how the traffic will be in Door County. How about accommodations? Do you think I'll have a problem finding a room?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 08:48 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,614,403 times
I would definitely do it right now. However, there are so many hotel/motel/resorts in the area, there is usually something open.
There will be traffic, but not impossible. Labor Day is not the last hurrah up there.
Fall seems to be just as popular.

Old 07-17-2010, 10:40 AM

4,465 posts, read 7,999,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
I would definitely do it right now. However, there are so many hotel/motel/resorts in the area, there is usually something open.
There will be traffic, but not impossible. Labor Day is not the last hurrah up there.
Fall seems to be just as popular.
Two peaks for tourism in Door County are July and October (Fall Color).

The Advocate is reporting that campgrounds are full, as people stay close to home (and longer) in cheaper accodations- thanks to the Depression.

Old 07-17-2010, 05:42 PM

14,322 posts, read 14,618,819 times
The State Parks are really full this summer, many times Point Beach has the campsites full sign out and it has at least 125 spaces.

Labor Day is nice as it is a 3 day weekend but I don't think it is major for Door County. Two Rivers has a big kite festival over that weekend, very well attended every year, and there still seems to be motels available (but as I said Point Beach will fill up early)!

I'm one of those that plans ahead though and just wouldn't wing it on a holiday weekend.

Old 07-18-2010, 07:40 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,614,403 times
The op just mentioned accomodations/room, I didnt think of the campgrounds. They do seem to be the first thing to fill up.
Been to the Kite Festival. It is fun, hope your weather holds up.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:41 AM

620 posts, read 1,838,671 times
Can anybody recommend a motel (middle of the road) for two nights in August in Door County ??(specific location - Fish Creek, Sister Bay, etc. is not important) - thank you.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:00 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suecen View Post
Can anybody recommend a motel (middle of the road) for two nights in August in Door County ??(specific location - Fish Creek, Sister Bay, etc. is not important) - thank you.
Had a great stay at Gordon Lodge in Baileys Harbor a few years back and would definitely stay again. It seemed to be in a relatively quieter part of the peninsula and we were there just after labor day but before the peak leaf season.

It's right on the lake (Lake Michigan side), they have a nice restaurant on site, beautiful grounds, pool, hot tub, beach, trails, tennis courts, and complimentary kayaks, bikes, canoes etc.

At $225/nite it may be more than you want to pay but you definitely get what you pay for.

Gordon Lodge - Door County,WI Waterfront Resort Lodging & Accommodations On Lake Michigan

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin