U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 04:54 PM

4 posts, read 16,309 times

Advertisements

Can you guys suggest me if it is a good move to Sheboygan from Kansas City? I'm okay with temperature...how about other things like housing, saftey, etc.

Appreciate your help on this.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2006, 11:39 AM

2 posts, read 22,341 times
Default Sheboygan

My husband went to Sheboygan two weeks ago for a job interview. and he didn't like the place. Not only for the cold (because we already live in WI), but he says that is in the middle of nowhere and that there is nothing out there.

Old 02-19-2006, 06:15 AM

Thankyou for the reply, why do you think 'Sheboygan' is in the middle of no where?? it is just 50miles to Milwaukee and 60 to Greenbay for me that is no big deal. Any other thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachamay
My husband went to Sheboygan two weeks ago for a job interview. and he didn't like the place. Not only for the cold (because we already live in WI), but he says that is in the middle of nowhere and that there is nothing out there.

Old 02-22-2006, 03:43 PM

6 posts, read 21,931 times
Maybe you should decide for yourself if Sheboygan is your kind of town. I would post a link for you to follow, but the forum software here is messed up.

Google "Sheboygan" and poke around. It is not a bad place to live. The only places you should avoid are along the Illinois border, Fond du Lac, and the north side of Milwaukee.

Old 02-25-2006, 10:08 AM

3 posts, read 10,520 times
I used to live in Fond du Lac. Sheboygan is a nice quiet area on Lake Michigan. There are tons of activities in the summer, fishing, Road America and the Elkhardt Lake speedway are close, and as you mentioned, Milwaukee and Green Bay are within an hour drive via Interstate 43. Lots of history in the area as well.

Old 02-26-2006, 04:52 PM

Thank you for your reply. I didn't get when you say avoid places like north side of Milwaukee. Sheboygan is north to Milwaukee , so I'm little confused. If you had any bad experience with Norther part of Milwaukee can you please share?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickled
Maybe you should decide for yourself if Sheboygan is your kind of town. I would post a link for you to follow, but the forum software here is messed up.

Google "Sheboygan" and poke around. It is not a bad place to live. The only places you should avoid are along the Illinois border, Fond du Lac, and the north side of Milwaukee.

Old 02-26-2006, 07:45 PM

1 posts, read 4,079 times
well personally.. ive lived here almost all my life except for maybe 3 or 4. and im so sick of it. to me, there is nothing to do. we do have blue harbor and triple play fun zone now.. so that is something to do. but otherwise, its so boring, and the mall sucks. milwaukee and green bay are yes not that far.. but ehh, i dont like driving the distance all the time.

Old 02-28-2006, 06:50 PM

6 posts, read 21,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by konkiska
Thank you for your reply. I didn't get when you say avoid places like north side of Milwaukee. Sheboygan is north to Milwaukee , so I'm little confused. If you had any bad experience with Norther part of Milwaukee can you please share?
The north side of the city of Milwaukee is a bad neighborhood.

Old 03-07-2006, 09:28 PM

1 posts, read 4,071 times
I was born and raised in Two Rivers, WI home of the Raiders. I love to go home. We have a good well defined 4 seasons. Good cold "see your breath" cross country, downhill skiing snowball, snowman, ice skating winters with family around mom's piping hot cinnimon apple cider right on the ice pond. Nice warm water skiing, hiking, grow your own vegs. count on wearing only shorts and a T-shirt well past 10:00pm summers. Falls with colors that want to make you spend the whole wknd cruising the bike. Springs that blossom with new growth invigorating the life is beginning sensations that charge our tickers.

I live now in California. Here there are no well defined seasons. January could have me wearing shorts then bundling up. July the same thing and always cold evenings.

Packer Pride. Statewide integrated school system. Aurora Borialis. 80% of the world's different types of fishing/hunting. A vacation peninsula that rivals the worlds most expensive that still priced like it is mid-America. Pick your own cherries, (reminding me of how many times a punch line was "Pick your own nose".) Wild Rice. Following the harvest truck retrieving up the hours old fresh cobs of corn falling to the wayside.

Power that nearly never went black. Swimming pools like nowhere offering SCUBA to shipwrecks from decades ago. All the different smells from 4 distinct seasons of farming. A state park system that makes for wanting the outdoor.

Driving 40 mph on a 55 cause that's how fast the forehead snow removal equipment is keeping your highway cleared. Frozen lakes that have to erect stop signs at an intersection. Summer wear that is donned on Memorial and not dare doffed 'til Labor. Snowmobile capitol of the world.

My heart is Cheese.

Last edited by RaiderNation; 03-07-2006 at 09:35 PM..

Old 03-13-2006, 08:11 PM

Thankyou very much for the information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation
I was born and raised in Two Rivers, WI home of the Raiders. I love to go home. We have a good well defined 4 seasons. Good cold "see your breath" cross country, downhill skiing snowball, snowman, ice skating winters with family around mom's piping hot cinnimon apple cider right on the ice pond. Nice warm water skiing, hiking, grow your own vegs. count on wearing only shorts and a T-shirt well past 10:00pm summers. Falls with colors that want to make you spend the whole wknd cruising the bike. Springs that blossom with new growth invigorating the life is beginning sensations that charge our tickers.

I live now in California. Here there are no well defined seasons. January could have me wearing shorts then bundling up. July the same thing and always cold evenings.

Packer Pride. Statewide integrated school system. Aurora Borialis. 80% of the world's different types of fishing/hunting. A vacation peninsula that rivals the worlds most expensive that still priced like it is mid-America. Pick your own cherries, (reminding me of how many times a punch line was "Pick your own nose".) Wild Rice. Following the harvest truck retrieving up the hours old fresh cobs of corn falling to the wayside.

Power that nearly never went black. Swimming pools like nowhere offering SCUBA to shipwrecks from decades ago. All the different smells from 4 distinct seasons of farming. A state park system that makes for wanting the outdoor.

Driving 40 mph on a 55 cause that's how fast the forehead snow removal equipment is keeping your highway cleared. Frozen lakes that have to erect stop signs at an intersection. Summer wear that is donned on Memorial and not dare doffed 'til Labor. Snowmobile capitol of the world.

My heart is Cheese.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin