Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2014, 10:49 AM

432 posts, read 541,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben242000 View Post
This post proves the inferiority complex he was talking about.
???
only if one thinks the only two areas in wisconsin are the se urban area and the town called madison.
in the rest of the state there's a light sprinkling of the people that want to consider themselves 'sophisto-cated', but i'd guess 99% of the rest of the state are very comfortable in their own skin and lives, so you lost me on that one.

most of the rest of the state also doesn't care about madison or milwaukee either and knows little about either. like i said, they don't care about those two areas, so why should they care about outside of the state?

Old 06-09-2014, 08:02 AM

656 posts, read 1,305,599 times
I can't stand WI!! maybe it's just because I live in a trashy city with rude and unfriendly people but I can't wait to get the heck out of here. I have been here just a year and my house is up for sale as soon as it sells I'm outta here. and I need to mention that there is alot of depression and mental issues here. people can be talking with you just fine and get mad super quick. I just don't get it. oh btw I live in Manitowoc

Old 06-09-2014, 09:16 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,490,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milt14 View Post
???
only if one thinks the only two areas in wisconsin are the se urban area and the town called madison.
in the rest of the state there's a light sprinkling of the people that want to consider themselves 'sophisto-cated', but i'd guess 99% of the rest of the state are very comfortable in their own skin and lives, so you lost me on that one.

most of the rest of the state also doesn't care about madison or milwaukee either and knows little about either. like i said, they don't care about those two areas, so why should they care about outside of the state?
Actually, that poster made an excellent point. We all know there is more to Wisconsin than just Madison & Milwaukee yet you feel the need to bring it up in every post. You're trying to prove that you exist by continually pointing that fact out. That's an inferiority complex.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:45 AM

1,312 posts, read 2,156,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonM View Post
I can't stand WI!! maybe it's just because I live in a trashy city with rude and unfriendly people but I can't wait to get the heck out of here. I have been here just a year and my house is up for sale as soon as it sells I'm outta here. and I need to mention that there is alot of depression and mental issues here. people can be talking with you just fine and get mad super quick. I just don't get it. oh btw I live in Manitowoc
No offense to Manty and its residents, but it's basically a smaller version of Flint or something - it's a run down former factory town that saw its best days decades ago. It would be near the bottom of cities I'd recommend anyone live in the state.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:16 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,639,230 times
How does it compare to Janesville?

Old 06-09-2014, 01:10 PM

Manty has a much better natural setting, but the city itself is far worse off than Janesville.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonM View Post
I live in a trashy city with rude and unfriendly people but I can't wait to get the heck out of here...people can be talking with you just fine and get mad super quick. I just don't get it.
you don't happen to mention how trashy the city is and how full of rude and unfriendly the people are there with mental health problems right before they get mad super quick do you?

Old 06-09-2014, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
We all know there is more to Wisconsin than just Madison & Milwaukee...You're trying to prove that you exist by continually pointing that fact out. That's an inferiority complex.
if you say so, but i often point out to others that are reading what wisconsin is like. or to the people that may have just visited here once or stayed one summer somewhere, or etc. also, a lot of the people in madison/milwaukee don't know much about the rest of the state's people other than some may vacation somewhere or go on bike rides or have a cabin by a lake. and they tend to think they know what the rest of the state is like, but they really don't. but don't try and tell them that.

most of the people in the rest of the state also don't know much about madison or milwaukee (se wi). but from what i can tell, they don't really care about those two areas--thus my comfortable in their own skin/lives. they don't care that you people do there, but for some reason, you people sure do care what the rest of us does. remember some madison person here telling someone here how they need to cut the trees on their property in northern wisconsin? that's what the people outside of madison think of madison--they don't care about madison, don't want to be like them, and would just as soon be left alone.

a good example of how this milw/mad vs. rest of the state works out pertaining to this subject is someone grew up in green bay and wants to eat sushi and have a tattoo parlor full of bellydancers that also give lap dances. so that person moves to milwaukee where he/she can avail him/herself of those. and when they run into other people, they'll be the first to explain how backwards this state is and how this state needs more of xyz, just like state q, etc. most people outside of milw/madison really don't care what they have in another state or city, so they don't have the angst riddles inferiority complex as the madison/milwaukee people seem to.

ymmv.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowsAndBeer View Post
it's a run down former factory town that saw its best days decades ago.
is 'manty' milwaukee because it sounds the same. manitowoc would do better being surrounded by wealthier and more industrious, better educated suburbs like milwaukee is. that way they could get some bleedover in jobs/monies.

here's a good read about manitowoc county:

http://worknet.wisconsin.gov/worknet...oc_profile.pdf

Old 06-10-2014, 08:07 AM

If you were actually familiar with Manitowoc you wouldn't be putting "manty" in quotes. You're simply here to argue and push your political positions. Zzzzz...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin