Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2008, 09:48 AM

9 posts, read 21,673 times

Advertisements

Hi. I am relocating to WI for my job which will be located in Cross Plains. From my research online and some of the available apartments I have seen, I have fallen in love with Mineral Point.

Can someone please tell me how far the commute to Cross Plains is, how are the highways getting in there, especially during the winter months and will I have any problems with unplowed/salted highway 151 in the winter? Also is the highway very "hiily".

Thanks and I really appreciate your help with this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2008, 03:51 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,604,841 times
Congratulations! That particular area of WI is very curvy as far as roads go. 151 is pretty well maintained because of it's level of commuters. I wouldn't worry about 151 at all, county highways may be a bit slick.

Old 09-12-2009, 01:13 PM

3 posts, read 10,824 times
Could anyone tell us how the commute is on Hwy151 from Waupun to Madison, especially during the winter months. My husband and I may relocate to WI and would have to live between Appleton and Madison to be able to commute in opposite directions for our jobs in Appleton and Madison. We are also looking at Beaver Dam.
Any inputs on
(1) the commute (nearly an hour one way by mapquest) and
(2) choice of living in Waupun or Beaver Dam
would be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-12-2009, 07:39 PM

84 posts, read 226,197 times
Waupun and Beaver Dam seem like a coin flip to me in terms of where to live...Beaver Dam is right on the lakes and is a nice small city with quite a bit to do...the schools are relatively good as well...Waupun is close to Fox Lake and Lake Emily as well and there are also a bunch of main highways running through Waupun in 151, 26, and 49...Waupun does get looked down upon by a few just because of the prison in town and close by in Fox Lake...both are good cities to live in...personally you can't go wrong with either
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin