Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 05:54 PM

2,133 posts, read 5,855,617 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you this time. I know all too well what it's like to want to move home and have barriers in the way. We didn't think we would still be in WI at this time but here we are. Yes, every day gets us closer to going home, but it's been a very long and slow process.

Hang in there, it will happen if you are determined enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 11:08 AM

746 posts, read 2,169,524 times
I'm so sorry to hear about your disappointment's. At least you don't live too far away.

Isn't there even an Amish cheese factory somewhere near there? Otherwise, I do have to travel down to your area sometime within the next month, let me know if you want any cheese from SW WI.

Old 09-12-2009, 10:00 AM

534 posts, read 1,591,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekduo View Post
I'm so sorry to hear about your disappointment's. At least you don't live too far away.

Isn't there even an Amish cheese factory somewhere near there? Otherwise, I do have to travel down to your area sometime within the next month, let me know if you want any cheese from SW WI.
If you saw my fridge you would know instantly we are from Wisconsin..Cheese galore! Eat it everyday. Granted, it's just name brand stuff, since that's all there is here. Shullsburgh cheese is all there is as fare as "Wisconsin" is concerned. We are only about an hour and a half from the Wisconsin border, but 3 1/2 from family. My parents bring the good stuff when they visit..
Ha, A cheese factory...not in this city or anywhere else near by. The city of chain restaurants and no ethnic anything, no culture, no nothing....

Old 09-12-2009, 04:52 PM

386 posts, read 1,326,261 times
So sorry that things didn't work out for you. I am sure in the near future it will and you will be back in WI.

Old 09-12-2009, 08:34 PM

84 posts, read 225,467 times
as someone who has only been gone from Wisconsin for 4 months...I probably can't complain as much as you...but I miss the hell out of Wisconsin since it's the only place I've ever really known and the people there are great even though people in Wisconsin swear everyone else is an ******* haha...I am currently living in Omaha and truthfully I couldn't have found a better city in terms of how closely it relates to Wisconsin...but I've driven through Iowa many times now and I am glad I'm in Omaha and not Des Moines or Cedar Rapids...the day I come back to Wisconsin I will be throwing a party of mass proportions...Nebraska will do for now...but it was kind of cool...the first guy I talked to out here in one of my stores was from Wisconsin and graduated from UW-Stout but has been living out here for 10+ years...when I said I was from Wisconsin all he said to me was "it's gods country...the most beautiful place I ever lived"...and seeing as how fall is my favorite season...I'm gonna miss that the most I think!

Old 09-12-2009, 09:31 PM

534 posts, read 1,591,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAB1452 View Post
as someone who has only been gone from Wisconsin for 4 months...I probably can't complain as much as you...but I miss the hell out of Wisconsin since it's the only place I've ever really known and the people there are great even though people in Wisconsin swear everyone else is an ******* haha...I am currently living in Omaha and truthfully I couldn't have found a better city in terms of how closely it relates to Wisconsin...but I've driven through Iowa many times now and I am glad I'm in Omaha and not Des Moines or Cedar Rapids...the day I come back to Wisconsin I will be throwing a party of mass proportions...Nebraska will do for now...but it was kind of cool...the first guy I talked to out here in one of my stores was from Wisconsin and graduated from UW-Stout but has been living out here for 10+ years...when I said I was from Wisconsin all he said to me was "it's gods country...the most beautiful place I ever lived"...and seeing as how fall is my favorite season...I'm gonna miss that the most I think!
I completey agree with you on your Omaha comments. It's a hell of a lot better then Cedar Rapids where we are. Been to Omaha quite a bit. My husband's company has a warehouse in Council Bluffs and they do quite the business in Omaha. This is quite the crap town. Wisconsin is beautiful and in the fall, it's breathtaking. We will get back, I have no doubts.

Old 09-12-2009, 09:50 PM

84 posts, read 225,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UW Badgers View Post
I completey agree with you on your Omaha comments. It's a hell of a lot better then Cedar Rapids where we are. Been to Omaha quite a bit. My husband's company has a warehouse in Council Bluffs and they do quite the business in Omaha. This is quite the crap town. Wisconsin is beautiful and in the fall, it's breathtaking. We will get back, I have no doubts.
same here...unfortunately I came out of college at the worst time in decades probably and my best option financially and for what I was looking for ended up being in Nebraska...after recently spending the weekend in "da nort woods" for labor day weekend I am missing it even more right now...good luck to you in getting back!!!

Old 09-12-2009, 10:37 PM

26,379 posts, read 46,267,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAB1452 View Post
same here...unfortunately I came out of college at the worst time in decades probably and my best option financially and for what I was looking for ended up being in Nebraska...after recently spending the weekend in "da nort woods" for labor day weekend I am missing it even more right now...good luck to you in getting back!!!
Ya, I love going to the Minocqua/Woodruff/Eagle River/Rhinelander areas up north. One of my most memorable ice fishing trips was the Eagle River chain of lakes!
I live in the northwoods of NH (used to live near Kansas City, MO) and I don't think I could adjust to ever living out in the Plains again.

Old 09-13-2009, 03:13 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,576,048 times
Sorry to hear it didn't work out UW. Where there is a will there is a way, so better luck next try!

Old 09-14-2009, 10:57 AM

570 posts, read 1,747,927 times
Default Vacation back on farm in Owen in Clark County Wisconsin

Hopefully you can make it back soon.

My family and I just spent a month back at the farm where I grew up. Sure hope we can move back permanently by 2012 like we have planned. We want our children to be raised and go to school in a small town without all of the city crime, traffic, drugs, guns in school, and other negative city BS.

I loved growing up in the country in Wisconsin as a child with so many outdoor activities to keep me occupied vs. city life hanging out on the sidewalks or playing computer/video games.

Quite depressing now being back in Phoenix. Still 104 degrees and nothing peaceful to do outdoors without driving for 2 hours.
Attached Thumbnails
Finally Moving HOME!-100_6058.jpg   Finally Moving HOME!-img_0147.jpg   Finally Moving HOME!-img_0187.jpg   Finally Moving HOME!-img_0303.jpg   Finally Moving HOME!-img_0319.jpg  

Finally Moving HOME!-img_0330.jpg   Finally Moving HOME!-img_0844.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin