U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 12:55 AM

41 posts, read 52,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
I couldn't root for him because he was with GB. Now that he's not, to hell with GB, GO FAVRE!

Whaaaaa? he's still in the NFC north, what difference does it make?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2009, 07:01 PM
LML

7,112 posts, read 8,641,879 times
Well, anywhere Brett plays I will be watching him. They would have done better to fire the Packer administration and kept Brett. I'm old enough to remember what a pathetic team the Packers were before Brett came and I thank him for many years of enjoyment watching him play his heart out for us. At least now he is playing for a team that was willing to spend the bucks to get some receivers for him to throw to.

Old 11-27-2009, 10:02 PM

84 posts, read 213,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Well, anywhere Brett plays I will be watching him. They would have done better to fire the Packer administration and kept Brett. I'm old enough to remember what a pathetic team the Packers were before Brett came and I thank him for many years of enjoyment watching him play his heart out for us. At least now he is playing for a team that was willing to spend the bucks to get some receivers for him to throw to.
I don't want to question your football intelligence but Jennings and Driver are probably the best overall wide receiver duo in the NFL...if I remember correctly Favre has always had solid playmakers around him...I just hate how people who think Favre was the Packers franchise don't realize that Favre played with a TON of pro bowlers in his years here...not only on his offensive line but at the "skill" positions as well...to question the administration is laughable because not only did they make the right decision but Favre was the one who made them make that decision so I thank him for it...he's a great QB having an even better year...but if you take Adrian Peterson off that team Brett Favre has an 8-8 year or 9-7 year in Minnesota with one of the leagues best defenses to boot...Aaron Rodgers has no running game and a defense that is torn apart from injuries and changing to a new scheme...their is no way to win an argument with people who are die hard Favre fans because they see him in this "god like" status but when you look at the stats/facts Rodgers is an all around better QB...and when they finally figure that out...they point to Favres past accomplishments or talk about his team successes which really have nothing to do with him individually as a QB when it was just as much as the people around him...rant over

Old 11-29-2009, 11:01 AM

23,788 posts, read 26,115,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAB1452 View Post
...he's a great QB having an even better year...but if you take Adrian Peterson off that team Brett Favre has an 8-8 year or 9-7 year in Minnesota with one of the leagues best defenses to boot...
Why not just say Favre would be 0-16 without Peterson if you're going to throw off such a ridiculous statement as that. The rest of your post suffers because of your off-base, attempt of minimizing Favre's contribution. 92% of the people in the world agree with me.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:47 PM

LOL...agree with what? I posted this exact same statement on a sports message board and Vikings fans said that this team is probably an 8 win team without Favre...I even said I'd go 10-6 without AP...just because of the vikings weak schedule...Favres body would shut down so fast and a surgically repaired shoulder throwing 40 times a game...yeah...I'd be happy to see Favre finish the season without ruining his streak

Old 11-30-2009, 11:39 PM

1,340 posts, read 2,652,155 times
Default Huh?

Quote:
I don't want to question your football intelligence but Jennings and Driver are probably the best overall wide receiver duo in the NFL...if I remember correctly Favre has always had solid playmakers around him...I just hate how people who think Favre was the Packers franchise don't realize that Favre played with a TON of pro bowlers in his years here...not only on his offensive line but at the "skill" positions as well...to question the administration is laughable because not only did they make the right decision but Favre was the one who made them make that decision so I thank him for it...he's a great QB having an even better year...but if you take Adrian Peterson off that team Brett Favre has an 8-8 year or 9-7 year in Minnesota with one of the leagues best defenses to boot...Aaron Rodgers has no running game and a defense that is torn apart from injuries and changing to a new scheme...their is no way to win an argument with people who are die hard Favre fans because they see him in this "god like" status but when you look at the stats/facts Rodgers is an all around better QB...and when they finally figure that out...they point to Favres past accomplishments or talk about his team successes which really have nothing to do with him individually as a QB when it was just as much as the people around him...rant over
You must not have watched many games, there are 20 receivers better than Jennings.Rogers is a very good QB,however the fact remains Favre has forgotten more about football than Rodgers knows.

Old 12-01-2009, 02:33 PM

767 posts, read 1,949,678 times
I am a big Packer fan. But one good thing about this year is that Favre stuck it to good old Ted twice. He should bend over and take his punishment like a man or, better yet, pack his bags and leave GB.

Old 12-01-2009, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
You must not have watched many games, there are 20 receivers better than Jennings.Rogers is a very good QB,however the fact remains Favre has forgotten more about football than Rodgers knows.
... riiiight ... 20 receivers better then a pro bowl caliber receiver in Jennings...the guy could be one of the top 5 in the league if the packers wanted to feature him in their offense...but instead spreading the ball around has been helping us keep this little mini winning streak going and Favre probably has forgotten more then Rodgers knows...maybe he can keep popping pain killers ... at least it would be understandable if Rodgers took them with the line he has...Favre never had the luxury of playing without a line

Old 12-02-2009, 08:00 PM

23,788 posts, read 26,115,880 times
Quote:
... riiiight ... 20 receivers better then a pro bowl caliber receiver in Jennings...the guy could be one of the top 5 in the league if the packers wanted to feature him in their offense...but instead spreading the ball around has been helping us keep this little mini winning streak going and Favre probably has forgotten more then Rodgers knows...maybe he can keep popping pain killers ... at least it would be understandable if Rodgers took them with the line he has...Favre never had the luxury of playing without a line
Typical two-face, Cheese-head. Ya'll were thumping your chest a few months ago, praising your collective support of him when he was kicking the pills and bemoaning how he could turn on you. Guess you wanted to play that card in the deck all along didn't you? I suppose you really never cared that much for his family either.

Old 12-07-2009, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Typical two-face, Cheese-head. Ya'll were thumping your chest a few months ago, praising your collective support of him when he was kicking the pills and bemoaning how he could turn on you. Guess you wanted to play that card in the deck all along didn't you? I suppose you really never cared that much for his family either.
what personal connection do I have to him or his family? because he quarterbacked my favorite TEAM as a kid? sorry I cheered for the Green Bay Packers not the Green Bay Brett Favres...I was sick of Favre and his I'm going to retire I'm not going to retire bullcrap about 2 years into it...yeah we all were thumping our chests just praising my support of him just a few months ago when he was a New York Jet...or was I thumping my chest when he was retired? yeah I just can't remember...I have been too busy supporting the Green and Gold and Aaron Rodgers...not an individual player...wait until Favre has to deal with a few losses and things aren't all roses...I can't wait to hear you and the rest of Minnesota ripping him for throwing that one fatal INT in the playoffs to seal your teams fate in the playoffs...then we will all be on the same page
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin