Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 11:29 AM

4,465 posts, read 7,998,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegaroon View Post
Officially a Viking!! BAROOOOOOO! BAROOOOO! BAROOOOO! Welcome to the best team in the NFC Central Brett. Too bad cheeseheads, guess you didn't want him.
Talk to Ted (in the Head Shed) Thompson, the jerk behind the plan to sack Favre in Green Bay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 12:29 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,336,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geechie North View Post
Talk to Ted (in the Head Shed) Thompson, the jerk behind the plan to sack Favre in Green Bay.

ITA! I'll be a GB fan again when TT is outta there!

Old 08-26-2009, 12:34 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,722,455 times
Default I'm officially / unofficially retired!

Steven Colbert said it best..."Favre has set a record for the most near retirements." He was a great ballplayer. A true gamer. A winner...but enough is enough. Go enjoy retirement at a ridiculously young age and leave football to the younger bucks.

Old 08-26-2009, 12:37 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,722,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestpackerfan View Post
Don't get me started! You are making me mad...
Ah go eat a brat and pipe down!

Old 08-27-2009, 05:35 AM

2,598 posts, read 4,924,801 times
This morning, Mike and Mike on ESPN, are predicting that Aaron Rodgers makes the Pro Bowl this year. They had nothing but great things to say about him. The Packers have moved on, and most fans don't want Brett running the offense anymore. Rodgers is the future.

Old 08-27-2009, 09:27 AM

And that's fine. So why are so many people ticked off at Brett? Part of moving on is shaking off the past.

Old 08-29-2009, 01:03 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunky View Post
And that's fine. So why are so many people ticked off at Brett? Part of moving on is shaking off the past.
Many peoples' annoyance with Favre stems precisely from his unwillingness to move on, such as when he tried to beg his way back onto the Packers after he already told them he was leaving and they had already spent considerable time and resources rebuilding around Rodgers. He burned up a lot of his goodwill when he badmouthed the team for not bending over backwards to take him back. People get irritated when athletes and celebrities who try to convert goodwill into entitlement.

Old 08-30-2009, 09:07 PM

49 posts, read 131,637 times
My take on this .....and I'm a Packer fan from waaaay back - like watching with my dad in the 60's (tho I don't live in Wisconsin anymore)...

For crying out loud, the guy is a baby. He wouldn't know what to do with himself in retirement. He's not developed any other skills or interests (other than hunting- and you can't do that 24/7). It's pretty stupid not to have other interests (does he have a degree in anything marketable?)...

He needs serious psychological counseling - RETIREMENT counseling. And the people to do it are the other QBs who did it successfully.... Joe Montana (who almost goofed up with his move to KC)... and possibly Steve Young...

The guy simply doesn't know HOW to make the transition.

And he's gonna have the crap beat out of him this year.... hopefully not so much that he's hurt for life.

So much for going out on top...... let's watch Brett circle the drain this year (again)...

Old 08-31-2009, 07:20 AM

Mo, I've been a Packers fan since I was 5 years old in 1968 and I'm a Brett Favre fan too...and I totally agree with you. I wish he had retired and stay retired the first time and gone out on top. I can't find the time or energy to get wildly upset over it in either direction because I do have a lot of other things to devote time to.

I guess when you get somewhere in life based on drive and a competitive nature it's terribly hard to give up. I wouldn't know.

My mom retired from her librarian job AND her sunday school job last year for the 2nd time....they called her last week and she's going back to both jobs at 75 years old. I told her she's just like Brett.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:18 AM

767 posts, read 2,066,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
Yes, it sucks that it is the Vikes and I have to lick my 7 yr old out for wearing a Favre Vikes jersey, but that's life in the NFL. They all like attention, and the media's just feeding his ego.
This may sound crazy. But alot of people are beginning to say that, for whatever reason, Brett needs the money and that's why he's back. It IS possible to lose $50 - 100 million in this economy. Dumb, but it is possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin