U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 07:46 AM

1,340 posts, read 2,655,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAB1452 View Post
I didn't know there was a vikings sports bar in GB

I don't hate the guy...believe me...am I disappointed how he has acted...completely...but he has done a lot for Wisconsin and football in general...

with that said...I'm a packer fan first and foremost...so me cheerin for anything good the vikings do would be impossible for me...and seeing favre have success as a viking...makes me dislike him that much more...

this is a very extreme example...but it would be like a top army generals going to a different country and starting battle with our country for supremacy...haha extreme I know but thats SORT of how I see it...IMO...he's a traitor one way or another

Thats what the Confederate Generals did and other West Pointers named most Army bases after them.
Get a grip, its a GAME.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 11:49 AM

38,705 posts, read 96,337,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
Thats what the Confederate Generals did and other West Pointers named most Army bases after them.
Get a grip, its a GAME.
He's the one laughing about it while you're shouting. He's not the one who needs to get a grip...

Old 09-30-2009, 09:50 PM

84 posts, read 214,169 times
Quote:
Get a grip, its a GAME.
unless you are getting paid MILLIONS to play it...then it's a job

Old 09-30-2009, 11:09 PM

489 posts, read 1,118,197 times
Haven't read thru whole thread so don't know if this has been mentioned but imho Sears hit a home run (or should I say scored a touchdown) with their Brett Favre commercial about his indecision to purchase a TV.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:39 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,152,103 times
And...if a person isn't a "real" packer fan? Then what?

I thought Donald Driver showed a lot of class (again) when he said, "I still love him and that's all that matters."

Old 10-01-2009, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Hey, anybody who saw that little-kid in the sandlot look on Brett's face as he slowly raised his face off the ground yesterday to see what happened to his 50 yd game winning bomb and wasn't just plain happy for the man, has a heart of stone .
Indeed. Reminded me of all the times he did the same thing for the Pack. Those were some good times!

Old 10-02-2009, 11:31 AM

84 posts, read 214,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunky View Post
And...if a person isn't a "real" packer fan? Then what?

I thought Donald Driver showed a lot of class (again) when he said, "I still love him and that's all that matters."
then it makes sense you ENJOY what Brett's doing...if a "real" packer fan enjoys seeing a division rival win and succeed or even an individual player on their team have success...then I'd go out on a limb and say they really aren't packer fans...

but who really cares if someone thinks you are a real fan or not I guess...to each his/her own...

Old 10-04-2009, 08:22 AM

Exactly. Well said.

I used to enjoy watching Barry Sanders have an awesome, super human game. but I also loved watching the packers defense keep him to -2 yards (or something like that). Or Walter Payton too. Loved watching Jerome Bettis run right over the top of Brian Urlacher as if he were Urkel. There are players I get a kick out of watching just because of their talent. Never a Dallas Cowboy though...hmmmm

Old 10-04-2009, 07:33 PM

279 posts, read 707,986 times
Hope his dog is on 24 hour security watch

Old 10-05-2009, 09:35 PM

1,352 posts, read 3,870,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
One man does not make a team, he is not what everyone makes him out to be in their minds, he is just an aging football player who did great things. His day in the sun is over, he should have just gone out on a high note, rather than all the hype.

Considering all the stuff they had ready, rather suspicious if you ask me. Two weeks ago he says, no, not going to happen, then this great grand stand Vikings call once more and o.k. now I will. And all the Brett Purple stuff is already out there, please it is so pathetic and old, more than time to move on and Rogers did show he is capable, defense stunk but he was fine.
Green Bay was a second home to Brett. He did wonders for the town and the team. The fans who diss him simply because he had some waffling with retirement because his physical staus was uncertain--fans who took what he had to offer for years--should be ashamed of themselves. Maybe GB was right not to take him back--Rodgers had already been plugged into the team--but to hate Brett or wish him ill is meanspirited at least. He lives here in my city of Hattiesburg--does good and lives an exemplary simple life among his old friends. He doesn't wear bling, show-off, fight dogs, or disregard his family. He is a good citizen and family man. He has earned the respect and deserves the good will of Green Bay---don't ya think? Or is a football rivalry more important than a man's value?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin